2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if JHU accepts update letters/LOI pre-interview? I can't find it on their website
They do not :/ only post-II

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any info sessions coming up for prospective students / already interviewed students?

Are there any info sessions coming up for prospective students / already interviewed students?
Officially, it'll be second look weekend. However, if you have any specific questions, I might be able to help you or connect you to someone else who can :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any guesses on when the December decision wave will get sent out?

Does anyone know where to send post-interview update letters?

Was anybody else's faculty interviewer a PhD researcher and not an actual physician? I feel like a lot of my experiences won't translate as meaningfully because of this

Really high chance we see that wave of As and IIs in the next 2 days - good luck all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Really high chance we see that wave of As and IIs in the next 2 days - good luck all!
I think there is a chance even today. Correct me if I am wrong but last year decisions started going out on Tuesday. Ugh why can't they just tell us a specific day haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there is a chance even today. Correct me if I am wrong but last year decisions started going out on Tuesday. Ugh why can't they just tell us a specific day haha.
Let's not give ourselves additional stress by defining a trend on n=1. If they email then yay, if they don't, then whatever :)

Reactions: 1 user
They told us December 15th haha. On MSAR it also says first day decisions are released are the 15th. Wouldn’t put too much hope into today.

They told us December 15th haha. On MSAR it also says first day decisions are released are the 15th. Wouldn’t put too much hope into today.
My god you must be the ideal Pre-Med student!!! 15 IIs and 7 IAs. Wow very impressive.

• Care
GOT THE A! I have never been more excited about anything in my life, this is such a dream I'm in tears right now

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
A! family and I are ecstatic!!

edit: interviewed 9/02

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A!! I am so stunned I'm shaking. Interviewed Oct 13 and wasn't sure I would get a Dec decision.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, not surprised but I shot my shot!

• Care
Pre II R - Complete 8/15. Congrats to those with acceptances and best of luck to those who haven't heard back yet!

• Care
Congrats to all the accepted folks!! Also got hit with the pre-II R, complete mid July

• Care
got the A this morning!! GOD IS TOOOOO GOOD! Glory to him fr fr fr. If you ever in doubt, Romans 8:28 y'all--dont trip, hes working!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Glad they announced directly in the email versus sending a vague “your decision is in the portal” email like they usually do! Huge congrats to everyone who got the A - hope to see you Second Look, and best of luck everyone for the rest of this app cycle.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For those who got the Pre-II R, what were your complete dates?

Pre-II R complete 6/30 4th R this week I'm crumbling hahaha :(

• Care
Also Pre II R. Not shocked this was my biggest crap shoot
I'm sorry to hear about this and all the other Rs reported recently. But would also like to express that I find "crap shoot" to be such an entertaining phrase.