2022-2023 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here interview for MD/PhD and have any idea when we will hear back ?
I think we should hear back starting in december. Thats the timeline on their website but hoping its sooner than that!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS with no ties to Kentucky, but highly interested in working with underserved communities, which is reflected in my experiences and application.

Super excited to have the opportunity to interview at UK. Any advice for the interview for those who already interviewed/received an A?

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
What are people’s thoughts on the morehead campus? I was accepted there but wonder what it would be like to live in the area

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone knows of an accepted student UK-NKY GroupMe let me know :)

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone knows of an accepted student UK-NKY GroupMe let me know :)
I interviewed UK-NKY on 11/5. It was a long day but it went really quickly and I honestly loved it! Won't hear back until the first part of December because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Fingers crossed for an A!

Anyone have a link to UKCOM's past residency match lists? I can't seem to find it on their website.

OOS with no ties to Kentucky, but highly interested in working with underserved communities, which is reflected in my experiences and application.

Super excited to have the opportunity to interview at UK. Any advice for the interview for those who already interviewed/received an A?

Good luck everyone!
I would review your secondary and personal statement beforehand (per norm), but just be yourself!

Reactions: 1 users
II to NKY campus this morning and I'm so so so excited, this is my first!

Have an II to UK-NKU, does anyone have tips for the interview? I’m from NKY and this school is my first choice

II for Alternate Pool received 11/29 at Bowling Green Campus. LM 68.5 OOS no ties to state

Got a call around 6 this evening! Interviewed 11/10, OOS with KY ties, LM 72, Accepted @ Lexington. So excited!

Interviewed 11/10 and just got an email at 1 pm central with the A for the Lexington campus! OOS but grew up in Lexington. LM 70.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know how soon after interviews admission typically gives out admissions decisions?

Anyone accepted to the northern kentucky campus going to the welcome reception in January in lexington?

A to NKU campus on 12/15. Super excited as this was my first choice of school and campus, if anyone knows of an accepted student group, Please let me know!

I have an interview, but Ive been told that the class is full and I’d only be interviewing for a waitlist position. Does UK typically have pretty good waitlist movement?

Anyone know what the dress code is for the accepted students event this weekend? What do you guys plan to wear? Don’t wanna look wacky

Slacks and a polo shirt with a quarter zip? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for the reply! Trying to figure out what the female equivalent to this combo is :unsure: I guess something business casual haha

Can anyone give me a brief summary of what the interview day looks like on the BG campus? Or at least how long it lasts?

Quick question for people that interviewed at the BG campus, do we have time for lunch? and if so is there a place to buy lunch or should I bring a crazy amount of snacks?

Quick question for people that interviewed at the BG campus, do we have time for lunch? and if so is there a place to buy lunch or should I bring a crazy amount of snacks?
congrats on your interview! BG accepted student here. They will feed you lunch at the end of the interview day (a boxed sandwich/chips/dessert)

Can anyone give me a brief summary of what the interview day looks like on the BG campus? Or at least how long it lasts?
the interview day consists of a welcome/intro, two individual interviews, a campus tour, and student Q&A panel :)

It’s my understanding that scholarship information should come out by the end of the month!

It’s my understanding that scholarship information should come out by the end of the month!
I stopped by the financial aid table at the reception and the advisor said scholarships can also be offered up until July. So if you don't hear anything in late January it's still possible. I've heard quite a lot of students get some sort of scholarship...any current students that can speak to that?

I stopped by the financial aid table at the reception and the advisor said scholarships can also be offered up until July. So if you don't hear anything in late January it's still possible. I've heard quite a lot of students get some sort of scholarship...any current students that can speak to that?
I was told the same thing from several current students at my campus (BG)- seems like there are lots of scholarships to go around 🤞🏼

Anyone received any financial aid/scholarship info yet?

Does anyone know if there’s a place to upload updates for this school? I interviewed here for the alternate list on the 8th earlier this month.