2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has Stritch just not sent out a lot of interview invites yet this cycle? Feel like there was a batch of some in Early September and nothing since..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has Stritch just not sent out a lot of interview invites yet this cycle? Feel like there was a batch of some in Early September and nothing since..
Tbh i feel this way for a lot of schools. I wonder if it’s bc they are somewhat delayed, or we just have less SDN users applying this cycle.

Reactions: 7 users
Tbh i feel this way for a lot of schools. I wonder if it’s bc they are somewhat delayed, or we just have less SDN users applying this cycle.
I’m wondering if it’s because of the increase in Step 1 failures. Maybe adcoms/med schools are rethinking their strategies. This isn’t a Loyola thing, it’s across the board… or maybe people know something we don’t and were advised not to use SDN lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m wondering if it’s because of the increase in Step 1 failures. Maybe adcoms/med schools are rethinking their strategies. This isn’t a Loyola thing, it’s across the board… or maybe people know something we don’t and were advised not to use SDN lol.
Was there an increase in Step 1 failing rate? I thought it was the opposite although I didn't do any research. Also, I'd say adcoms are swamped with work that they probably don't have the time to stalk SDN users or whatever :rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I have DO schools I applied to in late July and haven’t heard anything yet. Scaring the **** out of me.

II this morning. Complete 8/20. ORM OOS.

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed in early September, but I am sure interviews are still going on. They have about 2 interview days every week with 15-20 students.

Do yall think we will hear back on the 15th or the 17th for decisions for those that interviewed already? I interviewed in early September and I really want to know so that I can put the cycle behind me.

Do yall think we will hear back on the 15th or the 17th for decisions for those that interviewed already? I interviewed in early September and I really want to know so that I can put the cycle behind me.
The 17th

Reactions: 1 user
I cannot get the link from the PDF to work. Has anyone come across this and how did they solve it?
I emailed Loyola right when I got their email with a .bin file that I couldn’t open. They just now emailed me back with a working pdf. It seems like I could’ve done some digging and found their application portal without their email and pdf, but I didn’t. Now I’m wondering if it’s even worth it to submit now and pay $105 if it’s so late in the cycle. Kind of miffed by their admissions team. Wonder how many people had this problem

I emailed Loyola right when I got their email with a .bin file that I couldn’t open. They just now emailed me back with a working pdf. It seems like I could’ve done some digging and found their application portal without their email and pdf, but I didn’t. Now I’m wondering if it’s even worth it to submit now and pay $105 if it’s so late in the cycle. Kind of miffed by their admissions team. Wonder how many people had this problem
Maybe if you contact their office and explain the situation they could wave your secondary application fee. It wouldn’t hurt to ask they are very nice about it.

Maybe if you contact their office and explain the situation they could wave your secondary application fee. It wouldn’t hurt to ask they are very nice about it.
I might try this, thanks for the idea. That’s the only way they’re going to get an application from me smdh. The other thing deterring me now is that it’s later in the cycle, so how many spots are still available… thanks for your comment though

I might try this, thanks for the idea. That’s the only way they’re going to get an application from me smdh. The other thing deterring me now is that it’s later in the cycle, so how many spots are still available… thanks for your comment though
It is later in the cycle, but if you get your fee waived it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed, did your portal update today saying your interview has been completed, I interviewed mid sept

II sent ~7/24, is no interview at this point basically a R?

II sent ~7/24, is no interview at this point basically a R?
my secondary was complete 7/30 and I've heard silence, wondering the same. also II = interview invite haha

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted!!! Got a phone call around around 1045am!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
OMG I GOT ACCEPTED.... about an hour ago via a wonderful phone call! My interview was the last week of August. Guys, I am a bit of an academic underdog, reapplicant, and with a nontraditional application....I can't believe this is real. If it can happen to me it can happen to you! Hoping for the best news for everyone!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just got the call, I cried so much, my interview was mid September and my last name starts with V

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to all those who got an A! Did anyone who got an A have a virtual interview?

Anyone here who interviewed on Sept 1st waiting to hear back? Still haven’t gotten a CC or an A.

II received last week! complete 9/5. So grateful! They were scheduling 2-3 weeks out (for the curious) :)

Reactions: 2 users
Well rip continued consideration email at 3:28 pm EST today 🙃, interviewed in person 8/25 and IS

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Well rip continued consideration email at 3:28 pm EST today 🙃, interviewed in person 8/25 and IS
There is still hope for us! From prior threads, it looks like a decent amount of people are pulled from CC into an acceptance. Keep your chin up!

• Care
Accepted 10/17! Interviewed on 9/14 in person. Feels surreal. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got an II! Complete 8/7. They were scheduling through November 8th.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users