2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
On average how long did it take to get the A after interviewing? I interviewed Nov 3rd and the suspense is killing me LOL!

For people who have interviewed here, any recommendations on hotels? Looking for something safe, budget-friendly, clean, and preferably with a few food options nearby. Also, not super-distant from the school or airport!

IS interview invite wednesday morning. complete around 07/17

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have interviewed here, any recommendations on hotels? Looking for something safe, budget-friendly, clean, and preferably with a few food options nearby. Also, not super-distant from the school or airport!
They sent a list of hotels with discounts when your II was sent. I stayed at Double Tree by Hilton and the drive was like 10 minutes to campus without traffic, but I don't know how far the airport was.

Just submitted my secondary today ..... worth a shot I guess

Reactions: 3 users
I just got a phone call from Loyola Univ Med, but I missed it (my phone was off) they never left a voicemail though. It was from the hospitals number. I was just wondering if that was the acceptance call?? My portal doesn't show anything changed. I am not from Chicago so I would not be getting a call from them for anything else. I am just freaking out and worried.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a phone call from Loyola Univ Med, but I missed it (my phone was off) they never left a voicemail though. It was from the hospitals number. I was just wondering if that was the acceptance call?? My portal doesn't show anything changed. I am not from Chicago so I would not be getting a call from them for anything else. I am just freaking out and worried.
I would call them back! I’m sure if it’s a 708 number or something it was an acceptance call.

I remember the admissions team mentioned during interview day they’ll pretty much keep calling until you answer! I didn’t get any official email or portal update until a few days after the initial call.

when did you interview if you dont mind sharing? :)

Finally got a hold of someone... I GOT AN A!!!! I interviewed on October 11th

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got the call this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/1

Reactions: 4 users
hello! i was wondering if there are any current stritch students that i can dm with some questions? thank you!

A today, interviewed early Nov :) really loved my interview day bc the faculty/students seemed so so kind. Sending everyone here good vibes for the rest of the cycle 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
A today, interviewed early Nov :) really loved my interview day bc the faculty/students seemed so so kind. Sending everyone here good vibes for the rest of the cycle 🤞
YAYYY CONGRATS! What day did you interview?

Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed already, how long were your interviews? I see that there's a one-hour block for each interviewer, but do they typically use the whole hour?

Did everyone else who was accepted get the happy holidays e-card from admissions... this is too cute!!!

Is there anyone who is currently a medical student and/or adcom at Loyola that I can privately message? I have a few questions!

Is there anyone who is currently a medical student and/or adcom at Loyola that I can privately message? I have a few questions!
I recently got accepted and know a lot of adcoms/current students so I can forward the messages and try to help!

• Care
Does anyone know when they typically send out rejections? Do they wait until the end of the cycle?

Does anyone know when they typically send out rejections? Do they wait until the end of the cycle?
From my understanding and previous threads, they wait until the end of the cycle to give out Rejections.

Soooo I haven't heard back from them in a while. So I was revisiting what I turned in for my secondaries, and I realized I accidentally turn in a 547-word version for one question instead of the shortened version (I'm stupid, I know). Do you guys think they're going to disregard an application because of that?

Soooo I haven't heard back from them in a while. So I was revisiting what I turned in for my secondaries, and I realized I accidentally turn in a 547-word version for one question instead of the shortened version (I'm stupid, I know). Do you guys think they're going to disregard an application because of that?
I haven't heard from the either and I was complete in August. I think Loyola interviews up to March and ultimately sends out one big rejection at the end of the cycle. The waiting sucks.

I'm not an adcom so I can't really answer your question fully but I can say that *if* you don't get an interview, I really hope it won't be because of a small error like that. I'm insanely worried too but I think it's important to remember that you did the best you could and you honestly can't change what you wrote in your secondaries. What's done is done. I made the horrible mistake of looking back at a few of mine and realized I made the most pointless errors. But I can't change that now so why bother worrying about it, right? Best of luck to you friend!

Hi! I spoke to the deans of admissions about this before and they said they wouldn’t mind if it’s a bit longer than 500 words. They only really care if it’s like 800 words. So it’s definitely not an issue at all!

I haven't heard from the either and I was complete in August. I think Loyola interviews up to March and ultimately sends out one big rejection at the end of the cycle. The waiting sucks.

I'm not an adcom so I can't really answer your question fully but I can say that *if* you don't get an interview, I really hope it won't be because of a small error like that. I'm insanely worried too but I think it's important to remember that you did the best you could and you honestly can't change what you wrote in your secondaries. What's done is done. I made the horrible mistake of looking back at a few of mine and realized I made the most pointless errors. But I can't change that now so why bother worrying about it, right? Best of luck to you friend!
Thank you so much! This is so sweet!

Hi! I spoke to the deans of admissions about this before and they said they wouldn’t mind if it’s a bit longer than 500 words. They only really care if it’s like 800 words. So it’s definitely not an issue at all!
Woohoo! Thank you so much!

Would a letter of interest help for this school if we haven’t heard anything?

Anyone have any idea when Loyola started giving A's to people on "continued consideration" last year?

Anyone have any idea when Loyola started giving A's to people on "continued consideration" last year?
I honestly have heard people getting off it as early as December, but I believe they sent a LOI. so if you’re set on going to Loyola I would consider it as you could get an acceptance early.

I honestly have heard people getting off it as early as December, but I believe they sent a LOI. so if you’re set on going to Loyola I would consider it as you could get an acceptance early.
got it, thank you!

has anyone received information on scholarships yet (not sure if Stritch gives them out)?

Receive an A on Dec 14th!

Interview Nov 15th.
Best all luck to anyone that still waiting to hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Received the A on Dec. 20th

SO EXCITED!!

Was pulled off the CC list, best of luck to all still waiting to hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! Did you send a LOI?
Hi there!

Yes I did upload a LOI to my portal a few weeks ago. However I was certain that I wanted my future to be at Stritch, so I went for it. All the best happy holidays :)