You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
Congrats! When are they scheduling out?II received today. Complete 8/8
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
The latest date was Dec 6!Congrats! When are they scheduling out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any chance you’d be ok with sharing stats?II received today. Complete 8/8
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
I DMed you (I think)!Any chance you’d be ok with sharing stats?
orangeoctopus39
Full Member
I interviewed 10/4 and received the acceptance call 10/26, so about 3 weeks for me!On average how long did it take to get the A after interviewing? I interviewed Nov 3rd and the suspense is killing me LOL!
la vida loca
Full Member
I interviewed 9/1 and did not hear back until 10/26On average how long did it take to get the A after interviewing? I interviewed Nov 3rd and the suspense is killing me LOL!
Complete early August and silence here 🙁Complete by 7/20. OOS with LM score of 71. What are my chances of an interview at this stage in the cycle?
For people who have interviewed here, any recommendations on hotels? Looking for something safe, budget-friendly, clean, and preferably with a few food options nearby. Also, not super-distant from the school or airport!
cempasuchil
Full Member
IS interview invite wednesday morning. complete around 07/17
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
They sent a list of hotels with discounts when your II was sent. I stayed at Double Tree by Hilton and the drive was like 10 minutes to campus without traffic, but I don't know how far the airport was.For people who have interviewed here, any recommendations on hotels? Looking for something safe, budget-friendly, clean, and preferably with a few food options nearby. Also, not super-distant from the school or airport!
goopiegoop
New Member
Just submitted my secondary today ..... worth a shot I guess
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Justkeeplivin
Full Member
I just got a phone call from Loyola Univ Med, but I missed it (my phone was off) they never left a voicemail though. It was from the hospitals number. I was just wondering if that was the acceptance call?? My portal doesn't show anything changed. I am not from Chicago so I would not be getting a call from them for anything else. I am just freaking out and worried.
la vida loca
Full Member
I would call them back! I’m sure if it’s a 708 number or something it was an acceptance call.I just got a phone call from Loyola Univ Med, but I missed it (my phone was off) they never left a voicemail though. It was from the hospitals number. I was just wondering if that was the acceptance call?? My portal doesn't show anything changed. I am not from Chicago so I would not be getting a call from them for anything else. I am just freaking out and worried.
orangeoctopus39
Full Member
I remember the admissions team mentioned during interview day they’ll pretty much keep calling until you answer! I didn’t get any official email or portal update until a few days after the initial call.I just got a phone call from Loyola Univ Med, but I missed it (my phone was off) they never left a voicemail though. It was from the hospitals number. I was just wondering if that was the acceptance call?? My portal doesn't show anything changed. I am not from Chicago so I would not be getting a call from them for anything else. I am just freaking out and worried.
when did you interview if you dont mind sharing? 🙂I just got a phone call from Loyola Univ Med, but I missed it (my phone was off) they never left a voicemail though. It was from the hospitals number. I was just wondering if that was the acceptance call?? My portal doesn't show anything changed. I am not from Chicago so I would not be getting a call from them for anything else. I am just freaking out and worried.
Justkeeplivin
Full Member
Finally got a hold of someone... I GOT AN A!!!! I interviewed on October 11th
Got the call this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/1
kirbydoughball
Full Member
hello! i was wondering if there are any current stritch students that i can dm with some questions? thank you!
YAYYY CONGRATS! What day did you interview?A today, interviewed early Nov 🙂 really loved my interview day bc the faculty/students seemed so so kind. Sending everyone here good vibes for the rest of the cycle 🤞
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
For those who interviewed already, how long were your interviews? I see that there's a one-hour block for each interviewer, but do they typically use the whole hour?
Did everyone else who was accepted get the happy holidays e-card from admissions... this is too cute!!!
Comprehensive-Sink85
Full Member
Did anyone who was accepted receive anything in the mail?
la vida loca
Full Member
Yes!!Did everyone else who was accepted get the happy holidays e-card from admissions... this is too cute!!!
mangos_yummy
New Member
Is there anyone who is currently a medical student and/or adcom at Loyola that I can privately message? I have a few questions!
la vida loca
Full Member
I recently got accepted and know a lot of adcoms/current students so I can forward the messages and try to help!Is there anyone who is currently a medical student and/or adcom at Loyola that I can privately message? I have a few questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicine5679
New Member
Does anyone know when they typically send out rejections? Do they wait until the end of the cycle?
mangos_yummy
New Member
Congratulations! and thank you, I will reach out to you shortly!I recently got accepted and know a lot of adcoms/current students so I can forward the messages and try to help!
la vida loca
Full Member
From my understanding and previous threads, they wait until the end of the cycle to give out Rejections.Does anyone know when they typically send out rejections? Do they wait until the end of the cycle?
Soooo I haven't heard back from them in a while. So I was revisiting what I turned in for my secondaries, and I realized I accidentally turn in a 547-word version for one question instead of the shortened version (I'm stupid, I know). Do you guys think they're going to disregard an application because of that?
I haven't heard from the either and I was complete in August. I think Loyola interviews up to March and ultimately sends out one big rejection at the end of the cycle. The waiting sucks.Soooo I haven't heard back from them in a while. So I was revisiting what I turned in for my secondaries, and I realized I accidentally turn in a 547-word version for one question instead of the shortened version (I'm stupid, I know). Do you guys think they're going to disregard an application because of that?
I'm not an adcom so I can't really answer your question fully but I can say that *if* you don't get an interview, I really hope it won't be because of a small error like that. I'm insanely worried too but I think it's important to remember that you did the best you could and you honestly can't change what you wrote in your secondaries. What's done is done. I made the horrible mistake of looking back at a few of mine and realized I made the most pointless errors. But I can't change that now so why bother worrying about it, right? Best of luck to you friend!
la vida loca
Full Member
Hi! I spoke to the deans of admissions about this before and they said they wouldn’t mind if it’s a bit longer than 500 words. They only really care if it’s like 800 words. So it’s definitely not an issue at all!Soooo I haven't heard back from them in a while. So I was revisiting what I turned in for my secondaries, and I realized I accidentally turn in a 547-word version for one question instead of the shortened version (I'm stupid, I know). Do you guys think they're going to disregard an application because of that?
Thank you so much! This is so sweet!I haven't heard from the either and I was complete in August. I think Loyola interviews up to March and ultimately sends out one big rejection at the end of the cycle. The waiting sucks.
I'm not an adcom so I can't really answer your question fully but I can say that *if* you don't get an interview, I really hope it won't be because of a small error like that. I'm insanely worried too but I think it's important to remember that you did the best you could and you honestly can't change what you wrote in your secondaries. What's done is done. I made the horrible mistake of looking back at a few of mine and realized I made the most pointless errors. But I can't change that now so why bother worrying about it, right? Best of luck to you friend!
Woohoo! Thank you so much!Hi! I spoke to the deans of admissions about this before and they said they wouldn’t mind if it’s a bit longer than 500 words. They only really care if it’s like 800 words. So it’s definitely not an issue at all!
Would a letter of interest help for this school if we haven’t heard anything?
D
deleted1126729
I submitted one at the end of October. I am still waiting. Have they sent out any II's lately?Would a letter of interest help for this school if we haven’t heard anything?
D
deleted1147188
Anyone have any idea when Loyola started giving A's to people on "continued consideration" last year?
la vida loca
Full Member
I honestly have heard people getting off it as early as December, but I believe they sent a LOI. so if you’re set on going to Loyola I would consider it as you could get an acceptance early.Anyone have any idea when Loyola started giving A's to people on "continued consideration" last year?
D
deleted1147188
got it, thank you!I honestly have heard people getting off it as early as December, but I believe they sent a LOI. so if you’re set on going to Loyola I would consider it as you could get an acceptance early.
kirbydoughball
Full Member
has anyone received information on scholarships yet (not sure if Stritch gives them out)?
BrownSunshine
Full Member
Receive an A on Dec 14th! [emoji177]
Interview Nov 15th.
Best all luck to anyone that still waiting to hear back!
Interview Nov 15th.
Best all luck to anyone that still waiting to hear back!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Did you send a LOI?Received the A on Dec. 20th
SO EXCITED!!
Was pulled off the CC list, best of luck to all still waiting to hear back!
Hi there!Congrats!! Did you send a LOI?
Yes I did upload a LOI to my portal a few weeks ago. However I was certain that I wanted my future to be at Stritch, so I went for it. All the best happy holidays 🙂
la vida loca
Full Member
CONGRATS!!Hi there!
Yes I did upload a LOI to my portal a few weeks ago. However I was certain that I wanted my future to be at Stritch, so I went for it. All the best happy holidays 🙂
OOS II complete 9/10 LM 72