2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Complete 7/21, OOS :D

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
For those with Acceptances, did you get any sort of confirmation email after completing the certification?

When I log into the portal it appears my changes to the certification, technical standards, and confirmation of prereqs were saved, but please let me know if that’s all that needs to be done!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well rip continued consideration email at 3:28 pm EST today 🙃, interviewed in person 8/25 and IS
We'll keep our heads up!
I interviewed 10/6, got my CC yesterday, sooner than the 4-6 weeks they mentioned it usually takes for a decision.

Does anyone know if timing of CC/waitlist indicates anything? I'm leaning towards no but just curious

I was marked complete Aug 7 and havent heard anything (no II, rejection, etc) ;/

Reactions: 2 users
We'll keep our heads up!
I interviewed 10/6, got my CC yesterday, sooner than the 4-6 weeks they mentioned it usually takes for a decision.

Does anyone know if timing of CC/waitlist indicates anything? I'm leaning towards no but just curious
Your app is basically getting compared to other applicants as cycle continues, so you can be pulled off CC any time. They tend to pull a lot of applicants off CC as the cycle ends before they create an official waitlist in like May I think. I do not think timing matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't send any updates pre-II, I would recommend sending one especially if you have been complete since July and you would attend the school if given an II/acceptance.

If you haven't send any updates pre-II, I would recommend sending one especially if you have been complete since July and you would attend the school if given an II/acceptance.

Are they open to that and do you think it helps?

During my interview, I was told they interviewed people from past cycles that showed interest by sending updates.

sent one last month and still havent heard anything :(
Dean Nabers said they do read the updates and it really just comes down to your application score when compared to other applicants. Keep hope and know they interview up till February.

Dean Nabers said they do read the updates and it really just comes down to your application score when compared to other applicants. Keep hope and know they interview up till February.

Thanks!

I’m starting a different job in a few weeks in underserved populations, thats a promotion in terms of title from when I submitted. Does that count as an update?

I’m starting a different job in a few weeks in underserved populations, thats a promotion in terms of title from when I submitted. Does that count as an update?
yes, I would say it is since it's a promotion and working with underserved population.

Are updates through the portal or email?

Would an update / continued letter of interest if my only new substantial things are continuing hours projected? Loyola is a top choice but I don’t want my app just shoved to the bottom of the pile

Would an update / continued letter of interest if my only new substantial things are continuing hours projected? Loyola is a top choice but I don’t want my app just shoved to the bottom of the pile
I would say so and it shows you are interested in them. Like they really LOVE update/interest/intent letters and reiterated it on interview day. Heck I sent an update 2wks after my interview even though I necessarily didn't need to send one.

I would say so and it shows you are interested in them. Like they really LOVE update/interest/intent letters and reiterated it on interview day. Heck I sent an update 2wks after my interview even though I necessarily didn't need to send one.
When is the best time to send an update? Pre II or only after

Just submitted an update/letter of interest. Included completed hours I initially projected and my interest in school. Fingers crossed lol

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have already interviewed how was your experience? Stressful or chill? I am interviewing this Thurs!

For those that have already interviewed how was your experience? Stressful or chill? I am interviewing this Thurs!
I had two interviews, one with a physician and one with a student, and both were very relaxed! Good luck :)

Just came here to say, we certainly do not care about updates that include things that you haven't even done yet... Update letters should be when you start something new, have gained some hours, and can speak to it.

Does anyone believe it matters to attend to the interview in-person vs virtual? I am OOS and curious if that makes a difference!

Does anyone believe it matters to attend to the interview in-person vs virtual? I am OOS and curious if that makes a difference!
I think it depends on whether u feel like u perform better on one over the other. I tend to be A LOT less stressed in in-person interviews so it makes a difference for me, but yeah depends on your preference.

Hey Guys, Submitted Loyola on 09/25, is this too late, and approximately when am I supposed to hear something back? Are others in my same boat and still waiting?

submitted mid July and still heard nothing back hahaha

Reactions: 15 users
Same - complete mid-Sept with no updates. Can't tell where they are with IIs...seems to be slow here but who knows about people not on SDN

Reactions: 3 users
can anyone share the link to access the portal, mine keeps kicking me out and i cannot find the secondary email

Just got my A today, my first. Wishing everyone the best as the cycle continues.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So I read that Loyola is a Catholic university and there was also mention of Jesuit tradition in the secondaries. Is this just part of its identity because of its history and how it was founded, or does it impact their curriculum directly as well? Is the religious identity of their students important to the school or to their admissions?

So I read that Loyola is a Catholic university and there was also mention of Jesuit tradition in the secondaries. Is this just part of its identity because of its history and how it was founded, or does it impact their curriculum directly as well? Is the religious identity of their students important to the school or to their admissions?
From my understanding, I don’t think the curriculum is at all directly related to the Jesuit tradition. They have instances where they do pray/show appreciation for the cadavers in the lab once you start anatomy, but other than that they have a standard medical school curriculum. They also have a ministry office but you don’t have to be tied to one or any religion to go there. Overall, they accept everyone of every faith so you don’t need to be Catholic so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Congratulations to everyone accepted! I got an update with 'Continued Consideration' for this cycle. :( Really hoping I make it off this list as I was so happy with the institution and Loyola community at my interview day. would take it in a heartbeat so FINGERS CROSSED!!

• Care