You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AghPoisons
Full Member
Does anyone know where to find the class Group.me?
piglover123
Full Member
When is orientation? is it 8/21, or do M1's start 816? confused as to if that date is for M1 or M3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what financial aid has looked like in past years for OOS applicants admitted off the waitlist? Do they still have scholarship money at this point? They're not doing finaid packages until June but it's hard to know whether UMass will be affordable without it.
we have a 3 school orientation on 8/16 (I assume it's with the other graduate schools) and then the med school orientation is the week of 8/21!When is orientation? is it 8/21, or do M1's start 816? confused as to if that date is for M1 or M3
MillieMae121
New Member
Did they say they aren't doing financial aid packages until June? I got off the wait-list over a week ago and was hoping they would send the package soon 😅Does anyone know what financial aid has looked like in past years for OOS applicants admitted off the waitlist? Do they still have scholarship money at this point? They're not doing finaid packages until June but it's hard to know whether UMass will be affordable without it.
meddemddmdood
Full Member
In the email, it states mid-June for when they will begin sending financial aid packages.Did they say they aren't doing financial aid packages until June? I got off the wait-list over a week ago and was hoping they would send the package soon 😅
Does anyone know how to join the class group me?
MillieMae121
New Member
Ohh okay thank you, I wonder if that is just for OOS applicants because mine doesn't state that. Does anyone know anything about in-state applicants? The financial aid office has been pretty unresponsive :/In the email, it states mid-June for when they will begin sending financial aid packages.
Desmond4Life
Full Member
Meant to post the other days, but off the waitlist on May 12th OOS! Good luck to everyone!
I got off the waitlist today at 3p! I was afraid that waitlist acceptances were finished after the burst last week, but here I am. Best of luck to all the waitlist members
meddemddmdood
Full Member
Does anyone know when they will start accepting people into the Facebook page?
Don Medleone
New Member
I have no idea and I'm trying to network and figure out housing. I hope soon!!Does anyone know when they will start accepting people into the Facebook page?
meddemddmdood
Full Member
Same here! I've been mostly solo hunting since I don't have access to the page.I have no idea and I'm trying to network and figure out housing. I hope soon!!
Desmond4Life
Full Member
Hi can you attach the link for the Facebook page? I can't seem to find it🙁 Thank you!I have no idea and I'm trying to network and figure out housing. I hope soon!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Desmond4Life
Full Member
Hi can you attach the link for the Facebook page? I can't seem to find it🙁 Thank you!Same here! I've been mostly solo hunting since I don't have access to the page.
Don Medleone
New Member
I was added earlier this week. If you click this link UMass Chan Medical School Class of 2027 or search the name, you should be able to find it! DM if you have any other issues!Hi can you attach the link for the Facebook page? I can't seem to find it🙁 Thank you!
Do we think they’re done with waitlist movement? 🥲
studentrotcod
Full Member
Idk but it looks like there are 260 people in the facebook group and classes typically have ~175 people. Not sure if this means anything. Probably not a reliable indicatorDo we think they’re done with waitlist movement? 🥲
Not super reliable. FB grows less popular by the year and twats like me refuse to leave the FB group despite withdrawing my appIdk but it looks like there are 260 people in the facebook group and classes typically have ~175 people. Not sure if this means anything. Probably not a reliable indicator
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
they may not be done w WL movement, I was accepted recently and know others who were accepted as recently as last week!
studentrotcod
Full Member
Oh good. When you're accepted off the WL do they give you a deadline to make your decision? (I have no other acceptances as of yet)they may not be done w WL movement, I was accepted recently and know others who were accepted as recently as last week!
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
5 days to make a decision. Sending good energy and hoping you get accepted!!Oh good. When you're accepted off the WL do they give you a deadline to make your decision? (I have no other acceptances as of yet)
Wrapping up first year in a couple weeks and have not been drug tested. It’s my understanding that the drug tests at UMass don’t start until you begin clinical rotations. That being said, they have the right to drug test you whenever they want so keep that in mind.Does anyone know if the school drug tests oncoming students?
Withdrawing my acceptance for one of yall amazing people to hopefully get
pandapremed
Full Member
Sorry to update an old thread, but wondering when people started to hear back about scholarships/financial aid?--couldn't find anything solid in the thread when I was searching, I got accepted earlier this month and was wondering what the timeline for that would be 🙂 Thanks!