2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we expect waitlist movement today?
I think tomorrow based on last year's thread. One person reported the day after PTE deadline, and then a lot more 2 days after.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted student GroupMe/Facebook/Discord?
There's an accepted student Facebook (not the one set up by MCATBROS, don't join that). It's on the accepted student page I believe or might be linked in an email. Not sure if there's a GroupMe or Discord though.

Not to sound like a broken record, but has anyone seen movement today?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Assuming today will be the big day for initial WL movement

Reactions: 3 users
For people on the waitlist, how hopeful are you that you'll get taken off? Is it realistic that many spots will open up?

I was just accepted off the waitlist. I can't believe this is real. My stomach hurts.

OOS, non-trad, reg MD, interviewed Dec 15. Waitlisted on March 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think there will be any more movement on waitlist this week
not sure but I heard that there was a glitch on the CYMS tool this week that was fixed yesterday - so hopefully more movement next week now that med schools can accurately see which students have CTE'd etc!

Reactions: 1 user
not sure but I heard that there was a glitch on the CYMS tool this week that was fixed yesterday - so hopefully more movement next week now that med schools can accurately see which students have CTE'd etc!
What was the glitch?

What was the glitch?
Not entirely sure, but someone affiliated w/ admissions on the SDN Waitlist Support page said it was "data inconsistencies" - like schools not being able to accurately see how many have CTE/PTE'd? + some applicants said they weren't able to see acceptance updates from schools they got accepted to yet.

What was the glitch?

Not entirely sure, but someone affiliated w/ admissions on the SDN Waitlist Support page said it was "data inconsistencies" - like schools not being able to accurately see how many have CTE/PTE'd? + some applicants said they weren't able to see acceptance updates from schools they got accepted to yet.
This sounds about right from what I'm reading too. It explains why my schools have barely moved anyone off the waitlist despite having significant movement around this time in the previous years.

OMG accepted off of the WL as of an hour ago (IS applicant)! Interviewed Oct, WL Jan. Sent a LOI in April.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For any accepted students, has there been any correspondence from UMass after May 1?

Congrats! When did your portal change vs when you got an email? Were you just refreshing portal every so often?
i've been refreshing nonstop for 6 months lol. it was about a 20 minute diff between when my portal changed to when i got the email

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
i've been refreshing nonstop for 6 months lol. it was about a 20 minute diff between when my portal changed to when i got the email
Congrats on the A!!! I've been rooting for all the regulars in this thread. So happy for you.

I can also confirm that my portal was updated before the email.

Just withdrew at 8AM this morning. Hoping my chancellors scholarship goes to one of you!

I got the A an hour ago off the WL!!!!!! IS resident, got on the WL in January and this is my first A!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Question to anyone who is currently attending UMass Chan or lives around the area. I will be coming in from way out of state and was wondering what would be the best approach for apartment hunting. Thanks in advance.

PMs would be nice as well if more information is needed.

Reactions: 1 users
Question to anyone who is currently attending UMass Chan or lives around the area. I will be coming in from way out of state and was wondering what would be the best approach for apartment hunting. Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same!

Well this was a quick turn around but I just withdrew my A as I got off the WL at my top choice! I hope my spot goes to one of you guys and goodluck!!!!

Reactions: 8 users

Also wondering about housing! A previous student had told me maybe there is some excel sheet circulating?

Also wondering about housing! A previous student had told me maybe there is some excel sheet circulating?
Yup! Once you join the Facebook group, you'll have access to the Excel sheet. It's how I found housing and the process was relatively simple thanks to it.

Has anyone had any luck joining the facebook group recently? I requested a while ago but haven't been approved. Idk if its just me...

Has anyone had any luck joining the facebook group recently? I requested a while ago but haven't been approved. Idk if its just me...
I can't speak to the timings now but it did take me about a week to be approved a while back, probably nothing to worry about.

Also, for anyone who recently got off the wait-list, how long did it take to get your financial aid package?

Sending out good vibes to the universe and umass waitlist gods for some additional movement today 🥲

Reactions: 5 users
OOS acceptance from the waitlist 40 minutes ago. I am going to scream.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users