2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
If we’re not scored at this point, does that mean we likely won’t be scored at all?

Reactions: 1 users
Does the MD/MPH program still do their core rotations at the regional campus? Online it says that the md/mph does it at the Miami campus. I have my interview later this week and this would be a big negative of the program.

got an odd email- I applied mstp and interviewed back in November. I got an email saying to sign up my caneid for the school of medicine and what not- but no call about an actual acceptance? did I get in? LOL
If you make your account - go under the "admissions" tab and see if you have a request to pay a deposit. If you do - I assume you got accepted haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Any MD/MPH applicants likely to attend Miami Miller - would you want to make a discord group?

Does the MD/MPH program still do their core rotations at the regional campus? Online it says that the md/mph does it at the Miami campus. I have my interview later this week and this would be a big negative of the program.
I was informed that the rotations done for the MD / MPH program are done in Palm Beach and Broward county, no exceptions have been made in the past.

The change to doing rotations at the Miami campus was made with the 2026 class based on student feedback. The move to the regional campus was unpopular with students. I believe they are looking into keeping the regional campus available for some sort of electives.

• Love
Can you please ask them during your interview? My information comes from someone that I spoke to last year. Also, I follow a lot of MD/MPH students on Instagram and they all live in Palm Beach county 🤷‍♀️ although I know that they also rotate at UM/Jackson sometimes too.

Can you please ask them during your interview? My information comes from someone that I spoke to last year. Also, I follow a lot of MD/MPH students on Instagram and they all live in Palm Beach county 🤷‍♀️ although I know that they also rotate at UM/Jackson sometimes too.
The 2025 cohort did go to Palm Beach county. The change was made after they went and applies to classes from 2026 onward.

Members don't see this ad :)
a few months ago at my interview date they told us we have the option of staying in Miami or going to PBC for rotations, not sure if that's still the case but they made it seem like we have the option of either one

Also curious about this
Me too! If we never get scored does that mean they dont even look at our application? I submitted back in August...this process is driving me CRAZY sorry lol

Me too! If we never get scored does that mean they dont even look at our application? I submitted back in August...this process is driving me CRAZY sorry lol
I’ve been scored since November lol so being scored doesn’t necessarily mean anything

Where do we send update letters to? I sent it to the general email they email us from twice but never received any conformation or anything.

Where do we send update letters to? I sent it to the general email they email us from twice but never received any conformation or anything.
I sent the update letter to the email listed on their website. I did not receive a confirmation until I emailed about a week later asking for one.

I sent the update letter to the email listed on their website. I did not receive a confirmation until I emailed about a week later asking for one.
similiar thing happened to me- i followed up after not hearing from them regarding an update I emailed and then they responded

Received confirmation from a current student that regional rotations were mandatory up till the class of 2025; for last year's class and future classes - it looks like we get a choice between staying in Miami or doing regional rotations.

Received confirmation from a current student that regional rotations were mandatory up till the class of 2025; for last year's class and future classes - it looks like we get a choice between staying in Miami or doing regional rotations.

Maybe a dumb question but whats a regional rotation. Does that mean you can rotate anywhere in the USA? And this is for fourth year correct?

Is there any way to know or anyone to ask our relative position on the alt list? I have too much anxiety not knowing

anyone that emailed an update letter pre-II, did you receive a reply?

For those that have interviewed: how many days before your interview did you receive an email with the IntervU Hub Instructions and details of your interview schedule? I have my interview Monday and haven’t received any instructions so far. I’m worried they only email during business hours.

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question but whats a regional rotation. Does that mean you can rotate anywhere in the USA? And this is for fourth year correct?

There is a regional Palm Beach campus where (I believe) MD-MPH students had to do clinical rotations. Now I think we have a choice between that campus or the core Miami campus. Apparently, a benefit of the regional campus was that since there were less students, you could form closer relationships with hospital staff, etc. But at the same time, getting to stay in Miami and planning for the same living situation for 4 years is more convenient. I'd personally prefer staying back on the Miami campus, as I think it may be hard to continue doing whatever activities I would have started freshman/sophomore year if we had to move somewhere else.

If my application hasn’t been scored yet should I consider that a pre-II R?

Anyone else still heard nothing after interviewing? I interviewed 12/12 😓 and my portal still says “your applications and interview report…”

Anyone else still heard nothing after interviewing? I interviewed 12/12 😓 and my portal still says “your applications and interview report…”
Interviews 2 weeks ago, just noticed my portal changed to: "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..."

Odd you haven't received any communication yet (not even an alt list)

Interviews 2 weeks ago, just noticed my portal changed to: "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..."

Odd you haven't received any communication yet (not even an alt list)
Exactly like it seems that people still get the alt list email

I submitted in early August and my status never changed from “under review”…. Did they just not read my app?

I submitted in early August and my status never changed from “under review”…. Did they just not read my app?
Correct and you aint gettin a refund either for that $95 fee you paid them to read it

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Correct and you aint gettin a refund either for that $95 fee you paid them to read it
Always happy to make donations to medical institutions. Any idea when they’ll be naming a building after my impressive contribution?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
how is everyone feeling for the adcom meeting tomorrow :oops: anyone else interview around 2-3 weeks ago? has ur portal changed at all

• Wow
Just got an II! How long between interview and admission notification?

II rn! Scored a few months ago. Does anyone know how soon an interview date is confirmed after scheduling?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." means i havent been scored right? :confused:

I’m guessing it depends how close to today you are scheduling it. They confirmed my first choice date the day after I submitted the scheduling form. I interviewed 2 days later.
Makes sense! Thank you