2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Two interviews: one "behavioral" and one "experiential" (basically traditional). Each one hour long with one interviewer. They should send you the schedule a day or two before the interview.
What is behavioral? Is that like ethic situations?

Members don't see this ad.

It somehow starts at 8 am and ends at 3:30 pm (according to the email). How much dead space is there in between interviews and activities?
There are two ~1 hour breaks throughout the day, the times of which depend on what times your interviews are scheduled

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is behavioral? Is that like ethic situations?
Congrats on the II! One interview will be traditional, open file interview. The other was partially open (blind to scores i think) and there were more ethical scenario questions but still 1 on 1, so it was conversational and wasn't always strictly ethical questions. Both were very relaxed and gives you plenty of time to talk about yourself and your experiences :)

It somehow starts at 8 am and ends at 3:30 pm (according to the email). How much dead space is there in between interviews and activities?
You'll get some time in between for sure. I think between the activities and interviews, I had 2.5-3 hours in between and they let you log off so I went to eat breakfast, lunch, etc.. You'll get an itinerary the day before and it'll tell you your schedule

Reactions: 1 users
Ok thanks i didnt know about them not considering in state. I do have 6 t20 interviews and 2 t30, so I don't think the rest of my app is bad, but maybe just not what miami is looking for.
They give equal interviews to in state and out of state BUT theres like a third as many in state applicants as out of state so I think like 10% of in state applicants get interviews versus 3-4% of out of state applicants. They dont consider in state vs out of state but realistically there is a better chance of being admitted if you're in state.

Anyone else from the 12/12 interview day not heard anything yet? No change in portal—it still says: your application and interview report will be reviewed decisions will be made 4-6 weeks.

Anyone else from the 12/12 interview day not heard anything yet? No change in portal—it still says: your application and interview report will be reviewed decisions will be made 4-6 weeks.
Prob just means you have not been in the top 20 of applicants yet. It seems they meet every two weeks on Wednesdays? This Wednesday should be the next decision date. (although they said you would get the alternate email, not sure how good they are with doing that so far)

Can you be rejected without being scored? Because my portal still says "currently under review"...

Reactions: 2 users
Disillusioned with the admissions process for this program. Admissions office does not respond to emails and they have yet to review my application. Not sure what to do. I have received interviews from other similar caliber schools.

When does this program stop sending interview invites?

This message just means your app hasn't been voted on by the full adcom yet (I assume the holidays delayed that 4-6 weeks a bit more). Once your app has been voted on by the adcom, the portal will change to "Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly" or something along the lines of that, at which point you should hear back of your decision (whether accepted or alternate list) within a week.

There is really no correlation between how long it takes from interview -> decision portal change and whether you will get an A or not, so I wouldn't worry about it. You're just going to have to wait until it changes to hear back :thumbup:

Last edited:
  • Love
haven't heard back yet too! i tried emailing them for a status update, didn't hear back

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a Certiphi background check email - no idea if it is bc of the decision release today or not. Just curious - did anyone else who is waiting for Miami results get one?

Has there been any recent II? It seems pretty quiet in terms of new interviews

Reactions: 6 users
If we do get a call is it normally right around 5 or a little after?

Had your portal changed?
Portal changed to "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days" earlier today before the call

• Wow
  • Love
A (via both email and call) for the MD-MPH program! OOS, LM 77, Interviewed 1/9/23.

the universe decided today at 6:02pm was the time to send me my first scam call from the Miami, Fl area.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Got the A for MD/MPH through a call and email! Interviewed back in Sept and was placed on the alternate list so there's hope!!

• Love
I got accepted to Miller today (my 5th acceptance) and I am soooooooooo soooo excited and thankful! I interviewed back in Nov!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted to Miller today (my 5th acceptance) and I am soooooooooo soooo excited and thankful! I interviewed back in Nov!
Congratulations!! You’ve got a tough decision to make it sounds like! Were you on the alternate list already before you received your acceptance notification?

Did anyone who applied in December or January get alt list yesterday? They told us we would hear by the 25th and I still have not heard anything (alt or A)

II after being scored for ages.. profile pic says it all!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
How long after you select your interview day choices do they get back to you with your date?/Is it in the portal or email?

Is the SDN interview page for Miami actually representative of the behavioral and experiential interviews? Was the experiential interview friendly, or did it feel nit-picky about application details?
Insanely conversational for me. Like we spent the first 20 minutes talking about field hockey because she had never seen it and was really interested in all my involvement in the sport lol

Is the SDN interview page for Miami actually representative of the behavioral and experiential interviews? Was the experiential interview friendly, or did it feel nit-picky about application details?
Extremely conversational, but I can guarantee you that this could vary depending on your interviewer!

Experiential was extremely one-sided rapid-fire questions about experiences. Probably half the length of my next shortest interview this cycle. Really kept me on my toes.

So it will depend on who interviews you!