You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1154868
were you already on the alternate or were you expecting your initial decision today?
Initial decision!
Are IIs done here? Submitted an update here but idk if it’s futile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1154868
Ended up getting the call!
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Got the call as well!!!!!!
Synaptogenesis
Full Member
Im literally shaking I havent gotten an email or call yet but my mom just called me and I basically had a heart attack. I need to chill
premedpreemie
Full Member
A! So excited!! Loved my interview here.
If they accept ~20 every meeting and there are 10 meetings, that means they accept 200 by March 23. If they usually accept around 350 does that mean 150 more acceptances occur post March 23rd?
What makes you say there are 10 meetings?If they accept ~20 every meeting and there are 10 meetings, that means they accept 200 by March 23. If they usually accept around 350 does that mean 150 more acceptances occur post March 23rd?
Ohh I think you do need an acceptance to see alternate list decisions. I have other acceptances. Sorry if I misled you!Did you have decisions from other schools also? I was placed on the alternate list previously but I can’t see the CYMS tool at all 🫣 JW if you need at least one acceptance to see all
Synaptogenesis
Full Member
Did anyone else not get a decision yesterday after expecting one? My portal still says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..." No phone call or email... am I just alternate? Do not all decisions go out on the day they meet?
If you have another A, can you check CYMS?Did anyone else not get a decision yesterday after expecting one? My portal still says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..." No phone call or email... am I just alternate? Do not all decisions go out on the day they meet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Synaptogenesis
Full Member
No other A's ...If you have another A, can you check CYMS?
They usually will give you a timeframe during the interview day about when decisions may come out.After II how long they send an answer? A, WL etc? What they ask in the II? any significant advice for the interview?
It is two interviews, an ethics-based 'behavioral' one and a more-traditional one. The ethics just goes over a myriad of scenarios. The more-traditional one will depend on who interviews you but likely just ask questions about you/clarifying aspects of your app. I loved the behavioral interview. My more traditional one was probably one of the most stressful one entirely due to my reviewer. It's whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, not all decisions go out on the day they meet. Acceptances typically go out the day of, but WL can be up to a week after the meeting and will be received by emailDid anyone else not get a decision yesterday after expecting one? My portal still says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..." No phone call or email... am I just alternate? Do not all decisions go out on the day they meet?
What makes you say there are 10 meetings?
D
deleted1139213
I have been wondering this same exact thing. Seems like there will be a lot of acceptances after the 10th meeting. I think they are waiting to see how many people are planning to attend. April 30th is an important date for thatIf they accept ~20 every meeting and there are 10 meetings, that means they accept 200 by March 23. If they usually accept around 350 does that mean 150 more acceptances occur post March 23rd?
Where did you see that they accept around 350? I just looked at their website but only found the 2025 class profile that says 205 matriculatedIf they accept ~20 every meeting and there are 10 meetings, that means they accept 200 by March 23. If they usually accept around 350 does that mean 150 more acceptances occur post March 23rd?
Because 350 people get invited and only 205 will pick Miami over other schools. It’s on the post-II sheetWhere did you see that they accept around 350? I just looked at their website but only found the 2025 class profile that says 205 matriculated
Thank you! I completely missed thatBecause 350 people get invited and only 205 will pick Miami over other schools. It’s on the post-II sheet
maybe because this just for MD, not MD/PHD, MD/ etc.?Where did you see that they accept around 350? I just looked at their website but only found the 2025 class profile that says 205 matriculated
Do we think new interview invites are done yet?
I hope not, my portal says IIs are extended between August and March.Do we think new interview invites are done yet?
blissfullylucid
Full Member
II just now 🙂
100%.Do we think new interview invites are done yet?
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
The timing lol100%.
II just now 🙂
When we’re you complete and scored??II just now 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now 🙂
Congrats!!!
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Completed way back in July, didnt have any updates until I called the office in Jan about a letter, then they said I could expect to hear back in a few weeks, then it turned green for active review that day, then II few months out. Debating passing this one up to you hopeful folks so make the most of my II/seat!
D
deleted1154868
Did any accepted students apply to MD/MBA or the 3-year accelerated program? I never saw these options in their secondary portal and am now reading on the website that we should've applied to them at the time of the secondary..
You can still apply to the 3-year program & the deadline is on March 31st with one info session remaining on March 10th. They've been sending emails about it (I can forward these if you DM your email?). I can't find much info for MD/MBA other than they sent an email about it in December for an info session but I feel like you can still apply considering I didn't see it in the secondary portal & I don't see a deadline (can fwd as well!)Did any accepted students apply to MD/MBA or the 3-year accelerated program? I never saw these options in their secondary portal and am now reading on the website that we should've applied to them at the time of the secondary..
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
You can still apply to the 3-year program & the deadline is on March 31st with one info session remaining on March 10th. They've been sending emails about it (I can forward these if you DM your email?). I can't find much info for MD/MBA other than they sent an email about it in December for an info session but I feel like you can still apply considering I didn't see it in the secondary portal & I don't see a deadline (can fwd as well!)
You have to apply to mba separate and get accepted separately. Not too late though Do it now. If you matriculate you start early Like july (md mba) instead of august (regular md)
Just to clarify did yall send update letters to [email protected]?
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
I think [email protected] is the one that worksJust to clarify did yall send update letters to [email protected]?
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
You could always call to double check though
That’s where I sent mine but I never got a response.Just to clarify did yall send update letters to [email protected]?
I called the office a few days ago, they confirmed the correct email was: [email protected]
NOT [email protected]
NOT [email protected]
also never got a response and haven't been able to connect with anyone in that office by phone eitherThat’s where I sent mine but I never got a response.
I have called twice and both times were on like a Wed. and Thurs. at 12:30 and 3 or something like that and both times I was met with an automated message telling me to call during the hours that they're open which is Mon-Fri from 8-4:30...
read my comment abovealso never got a response and haven't been able to connect with anyone in that office by phone either
I have called twice and both times were on like a Wed. and Thurs. at 12:30 and 3 or something like that and both times I was met with an automated message telling me to call during the hours that they're open which is Mon-Fri from 8-4:30...
CavedAndSignedUp
New Member
You have to apply to mba separate and get accepted separately. Not too late though Do it now. If you matriculate you start early Like july (md mba) instead of august (regular md)
Did anyone on the alternate list get the emails about applying for the MBA portion/3 year program? Or only accepted students?You can still apply to the 3-year program & the deadline is on March 31st with one info session remaining on March 10th. They've been sending emails about it (I can forward these if you DM your email?). I can't find much info for MD/MBA other than they sent an email about it in December for an info session but I feel like you can still apply considering I didn't see it in the secondary portal & I don't see a deadline (can fwd as well!)
did they ever respond to you or is that why you calledread my comment above
I received no confirmation initially and wanted to be sure it was uploaded. It was not, I told them i sent it to the other email ([email protected]) and they told me it was incorrect and told me to send it to [email protected].did they ever respond to you or is that why you called
They told me to call back in 30 minutes and then they verbally confirmed that they uploaded the update. I also received a confirmation via email from the lady I spoke to. Overall, certainly glad I called and they were nice on the phone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed with the MSTP at any point hear any news?
Hopefulgator
New Member
II today!
foodieventures
Full Member
Anyone know usually how long after you submit your interview date preferences do they confirm your date and give you the interview day agenda?
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
Within the week, it was like 2 days after for me personally but expect it at the very latest end of day fridayAnyone know usually how long after you submit your interview date preferences do they confirm your date and give you the interview day agenda?