2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got off the waitlist for TC with a partial scholarship! OOS interviewed 2/6. This is what dreams are made of 😭 best of luck and waiting for more movement for the rest of y’all.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got in this evening - interviewed in Feb and hadn’t heard back anything about my admission status until today. It was radio silence for so long that I’d totally given up.

Looks like today had a lot of movement, I’m excited for everyone!! Hopefully it’ll continue into June.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got in this evening - interviewed in Feb and hadn’t heard back anything about my admission status until today. It was radio silence for so long that I’d totally given up.

Looks like today had a lot of movement, I’m excited for everyone!! Hopefully it’ll continue into June.
Congratulations! Are you an IS or OOS applicant? I made a big mistake in my app. I accidentally reported I was out of state 😨 just realized that today

Anyone know about the changes they are making for the 2023-2024 cycle?? i hear they might be getting rid of the pathways??

Anyone know about the changes they are making for the 2023-2024 cycle?? i hear they might be getting rid of the pathways??
Lol that was fast. I hadn't heard about this, but they seem to have scrubbed info about the pathways from the website. Are they still doing them for the incoming class?

Lol that was fast. I hadn't heard about this, but they seem to have scrubbed info about the pathways from the website. Are they still doing them for the incoming class?
yes the incoming class will, but i guess when we apply this coming cycle we dont choose the pathways anymore. not sure how that will change if we can apply to both campuses

Just got in off the waitlist!! Interviewed 1/10 and have been in waitlist purgatory since March. I am non-trad with 503 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad GPA, and 3.7 post-bacc GPA. First of my family to graduate college and first in my family to pursue medicine. I am 28 and have put everything I could into this journey for the past 5 years. Keep going friends and believe in yourselves. Dreams do come true.
My story is very similar :) I am also going to UMN so I'll see you there! Glad to know there will be other non-trads, who fought to get here too <3

Reactions: 1 user
I just got in off the alternate list tonight! I interviewed 2/23 and am in-state. I was just about to start my application for this next cycle and now I get to go to my dream school!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting, I already CTE at another school and emailed this school that I am officially withdrawing (more than 3 business days now), however just got offered a scholarship. Grateful but seems like they’re just behind on updating their communications.

Interesting, I already CTE at another school and emailed this school that I am officially withdrawing (more than 3 business days now), however just got offered a scholarship. Grateful but seems like they’re just behind on updating their communications.

But I got off the WL so for those wondering you can get scholarships off the WL!!

Reactions: 1 users
Standard question, but what number were you?

Wasn’t on ranked, just regular waitlist but got off the day they announced ranked list
Interesting. What was the scholarship amount they offered if you don’t mind sharing? Also will you withdraw that acceptance?

Just got a call from the dean from a Chicago number! I got in y’all! 😭

Anyone know if they match scholarships from other schools? OSU said they would cover first year for me

Anyone know if they match scholarships from other schools? OSU said they would cover first year for me
Highly unlikely, they are pretty stingy with aid (except for the pre-determined # of recruitment scholarships). Doesn’t hurt to ask though. Good luck with your decision!

• Sad
Congratulations! Are you an IS or OOS applicant? I made a big mistake in my app. I accidentally reported I was out of state 😨 just realized that today
Oh so sorry this is late - I was in state. That really sucks we’re you able to reach out to admissions?

Would someone be willing to provide an overview of all the numbers that have withdrawn from the alternate list thus far? I haven't been keeping track, and the hotline gets rid of all the withdrawn numbers before position 16

Class full? Has there been anymore WL movement?

Does anyone know what kind of wait-list movement they are expecting to see for the rest of the summer? It seems like things are moving slower as the CTE deadline approaches but not sure given that previous years' forums have said historically there's a lot of movement for UMN

Congrats to the people who got off the WL! Can anyone speak to how much movement happens after CTE on July 1st? I understand it’s basically the last push of movement, but would you expect most of the movement to be the week before July 1st or after July 1st?