You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What is life
New Member
Got the A for Duluth the last week of March (but interviewed after the February decision date)Has anyone heard of acceptances going out since February?
Looking at last year’s thread, some people had heard by this point, but more people heard late May as they published the ranked alternate list…
docinspace9
Full Member
I thought we were supposed to hear in early May...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
docinspace9
Full Member
Where did you see this?TC Ranked list is out, any idea how far down they usually go?
ACKjp
Full Member
I received an email with my number at 2:30ishWhere did you see this?
did anyone get As to TC off the waitlist before the alternate list went out? I also received my number.
donutdawgs
Full Member
Also received my numberI received an email with my number at 2:30ish
docinspace9
Full Member
hmm weird. I have not received anything yet.
deadhomie27
New Member
I haven't received anything yet either. Does the list specify it's only for TC campus?
It does not. maybe all of you who haven't received anything are going to get good news!I haven't received anything yet either. Does the list specify it's only for TC campus?
Oh sorry, I was mistaken. It does say which campus in the subject lineIt does not. maybe all of you who haven't received anything are going to get good news!
BallPointPen
Full Member
I also got my alternate list position. I am upper 20s. I see that last year #28 got in on June 22nd. Does anyone know if that is a normal amount of movement?
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
I just removed myself from the waitlist (rank 60). Best of luck y'all !
norinori88
Full Member
removed myself from the waitlist (rank in the 80's, choosing another school anyway) good luck friends 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if people will start to get pulled this week.
docinspace9
Full Member
for the people who received a ranked number today, what waitlist group were you originally in?
BallPointPen
Full Member
I believe ranked numbers only came out for TC campus which never had waitlist groupsfor the people who received a ranked number today, what waitlist group were you originally in?
Anyone else get a call? And congrats!There was movement today for twin cities (🥹🥹 reference: the phone call I just got), sincerely wishing all of you the best I know you deserve it!
docinspace9
Full Member
anyone hearing anything? also, anyone else not receive a ranked number the other day?
deadhomie27
New Member
I didn't receive a ranked number so I reached out and they said:anyone hearing anything? also, anyone else not receive a ranked number the other day?
"You are on the waitlist for the University of MN Medical School as campus placements occur with acceptance offers. While we take the preference into consideration, it comes down to where a seat opens up, so you are being considered for both campuses at this time. Due to the higher volume of those not interested in the Duluth campus regional mission, the Admissions Committee ranks them in order to assist with any turnover."
Any updates?
ACKjp
Full Member
#12 is now #1, bunch of people have withdrawnAny updates?
BallPointPen
Full Member
As of yesterday, #15 is #1 and a bunch have withdrawn
studentdoctor234
Full Member
To clarify are the withdraws from accepted students or students on the waitlist who have removed themselves from the list?As of yesterday, #15 is #1 and a bunch have withdrawn
BallPointPen
Full Member
People from the “ranked alternate list” who have withdrawn. So #15 is now #1 and the following numbers have dropped: 20, 21, 32 … 87To clarify are the withdraws from accepted students or students on the waitlist who have removed themselves from the list?
So when they get to where #20 would be #1, they will jump right to #22 is #1
Any updates for recent A's off the waitlists?
mr_loudmouth
New Member
Question: Did anyone here that was told that they were on the " top section of the alternate list" weeks ago get an A yet?
A to Twin Cities campus, received email this morning
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes for Duluth. Me and one other student that I know ofQuestion: Did anyone here that was told that they were on the " top section of the alternate list" weeks ago get an A yet?
Congratulations! can you share what is the waiting list rank?A to Twin Cities campus, received email this morning
I don't know. I indicated the TC as my campus placement and had the additional Duluth component of the interview. I received the high WL placement email from Duluth last week and then received the acceptance email listing TC placement on the 28th of May.Congratulations! can you share what is the waiting list rank?
Withdrew my IS A yesterday. Really hopeful it can go to one of you guys! Regarding the WL, UMN tends to have a lot of movement even up until the 1-2 weeks before orientation (happened to my friend last cycle). This friend was in the early 30s on the waitlist. Wishing you all the best.
freddyfazbear
New Member
I just made an account to update people. I got in last week, and I was in the middle 20s on the ranked list, so hopefully it progresses for everyone!
mr_loudmouth
New Member
FWIW, I basically just had this same thing happen this week. Ranked TC as my preferred campus. Had the Duluth bonus interview (I assume because I answered rural MN ties question from secondaries). Told I was in the "top section of the alternate list" in an email from Duluth in April. Didn't ever get a numerical ranking. Then accepted to TC campus.I don't know. I indicated the TC as my campus placement and had the additional Duluth component of the interview. I received the high WL placement email from Duluth last week and then received the acceptance email listing TC placement on the 28th of May.
Awesome!FWIW, I basically just had this same thing happen this week. Ranked TC as my preferred campus. Had the Duluth bonus interview (I assume because I answered rural MN ties question from secondaries). Told I was in the "top section of the alternate list" in an email from Duluth in April. Didn't ever get a numerical ranking. Then accepted to TC campus.
pomegranatesucker
New Member
To current medical students, how long was your winter break? I am looking at the calendar and got confused. Thanks in advance!
All years get 2 weeks for winter break.To current medical students, how long was your winter break? I am looking at the calendar and got confused. Thanks in advance!
BallPointPen
Full Member
Can any current students comment on the schedule around Thanksgiving? Will there likely be any mandatory in-person labs/lectures on Wednesday?
docinspace9
Full Member
is there a way to figure out your waitlist number if you’re being considered for both campuses?