2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just looking back through my email when I received my WL and is there is a part that states "We will begin looking at candidates on the waitlist in May 2023, not before then." There is no specific date that they provide

Members don't see this ad.

I was just looking back through my email when I received my WL and is there is a part that states "We will begin looking at candidates on the waitlist in May 2023, not before then." There is no specific date that they provide
i guess we were all just expecting them to follow previous year trends and give offers the day after CTE deadline

Reactions: 1 users
To help screen spam I got the call from a Chicago area code 3 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as long as you’re polite, don’t email them every day, and don’t ask about your status specifically. In previous years, people have emailed admissions periodically and they have provided updates on where things stand. The worst they can say is that they won’t be providing any updates, and I highly doubt emailing them will affect your chances of admission. If you end up reaching out, please let us know what they say!
Okay lol I’ve sent an email asking for an update. Feels like I’m praying to an indifferent god. I guess if I die a martyr, so be it 😂

Reactions: 2 users
I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as long as you’re polite, don’t email them every day, and don’t ask about your status specifically. In previous years, people have emailed admissions periodically and they have provided updates on where things stand. The worst they can say is that they won’t be providing any updates, and I highly doubt emailing them will affect your chances of admission. If you end up reaching out, please let us know what they say!
They were kind enough to reply very quickly, lol it must be so tiring for them to repeat this cycle year after year. Tough decisions to make and I’m sure that they get a lot of questions. Here’s this gist of their response :
We have just this week completed the review of all of our candidates for this cycle. You will most likely hear back from us with an admissions decision by the end of this week or early next week.

We did not communicate that all decisions would be made by May 1. However, May 1 is the first date applicants can choose commit to enroll in CYMS.

So it’s my bad for misunderstanding - I really thought all acceptances would be released on May01 and ended up worrying a lot on that particular day for no reason.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if WL'd folks have a chance to hear back now or later? Is it true that there are people who have not received WL nor R at this point?

Looks like the glitch has been fixed! Makes me think that maybe the lack of waitlist movement is due to a full class instead…

• Sad
Looks like the glitch has been fixed! Makes me think that maybe the lack of waitlist movement is due to a full class instead…
If thats the case I really hope they release the ranked waitlist or an update email soon. Need to know how long I hold out hope before moving on.

If thats the case I really hope they release the ranked waitlist or an update email soon. Need to know how long I hold out hope before moving on.
nooo literally sameee HAHA. knowing im not getting off the WL would be a lot better for me than the constant wondering.

It sounds like they fixed the glitch near the end of the day, and with the usual speed of UMN admissions, I wouldn’t expect them to accomplish anything in <1 hour. I’m sure movement will start tomorrow or early next week as indicated in the email from admissions above.

That being said, the majority of WL applicants aren’t going to hear back for a while. If you end up on the ranked alternate list, it comes out in early June.

It sounds like they fixed the glitch near the end of the day, and with the usual speed of UMN admissions, I wouldn’t expect them to accomplish anything in <1 hour. I’m sure movement will start tomorrow or early next week as indicated in the email from admissions above.

That being said, the majority of WL applicants aren’t going to hear back for a while. If you end up on the ranked alternate list, it comes out in early June.
Do you happen to know the reasoning behind why the ranked list cant be made/given to us earlier than June?

what's the difference between WL and ranked alternate list?

Do you happen to know the reasoning behind why the ranked list cant be made/given to us earlier than June?
I don’t, and I can’t even make up a reason. Makes literally no sense to me. Honestly it probably just takes them that long to get their **** together.

what's the difference between WL and ranked alternate list?
Basically, at this point they will accept some from the top of the WL and release others from the bottom. Whoever is left from the middle of the waitlist in June will be transitioned to the new list and told their position.

I don’t, and I can’t even make up a reason. Makes literally no sense to me. Honestly it probably just takes them that long to get their **** together.

Basically, at this point they will accept some from the top of the WL and release others from the bottom. Whoever is left from the middle of the waitlist in June will be transitioned to the new list and told their position.
oh wow. yeah i feel like it'd be a lot better to just be told flat out than be wondering

Can they just send me my L. I don’t like this purgatory 😭

1683316109876.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
See yall next week! Im going to avoid SDN over the weekend to keep whats left of my sanity😅

So are we even sure that we're going to hear anything back soon? Lol. Because like at this point I'm just thinking about moving on

So are we even sure that we're going to hear anything back soon? Lol. Because like at this point I'm just thinking about moving on
It seems like a lot of other schools are also being silent so im hoping TC took Friday off and is working on the list today. Lots and lots of copium

If there is still no movement by the end of the week I might actually go insane. The email from earlier in the thread said people should get news early this week so 🤞🤞

ughhh ik. it said "end of the week or early next week". so we didn't hear the end of the week, and still havent heard early this week. just wondering whennn

For those who are currently waiting for waitlist movement or have already received a WL response, would you kindly share your position on the waitlist (top-third, mid-third, bottom-third) and the location (TC/Duluth) you are waitlisted for? Thank you!

you were given ur position on the waitlist?
As far as I am aware, those who are WL'd to Duluth have received an indication of which third they are in out of 105. I am in the top third, so somewhere in the top ~35. I hope that makes sense!

Maybe TC is trying to do the same instead of releasing it after June which is why its taking time for movement to start? Idk just spitballing at this point

Yeah either people not on SDN heard back or they meant early as in end of the week lol
feel like a large majority of folks are on SDN that get in, and usually report this kind of stuff. That's just odd if nobody reported offers from the WL. But honestly, could be the case because there's been zero reported movement...