You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1147093
i guess we were all just expecting them to follow previous year trends and give offers the day after CTE deadlineI was just looking back through my email when I received my WL and is there is a part that states "We will begin looking at candidates on the waitlist in May 2023, not before then." There is no specific date that they provide
To help screen spam I got the call from a Chicago area code 3 years ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BiggieToad
New Member
Okay lol I’ve sent an email asking for an update. Feels like I’m praying to an indifferent god. I guess if I die a martyr, so be it 😂I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as long as you’re polite, don’t email them every day, and don’t ask about your status specifically. In previous years, people have emailed admissions periodically and they have provided updates on where things stand. The worst they can say is that they won’t be providing any updates, and I highly doubt emailing them will affect your chances of admission. If you end up reaching out, please let us know what they say!
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Hopefully someone gets the call before the weekend!
D
deleted1147093
let us know what they say!!Okay lol I’ve sent an email asking for an update. Feels like I’m praying to an indifferent god. I guess if I die a martyr, so be it 😂
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Apparently there is an issue with the CYMS tool which might explain why its so quiet. Linking the thread where a med school admin mentioned this.
Post in: '2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread'
2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread
Post in: '2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread'
2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread
D
deleted1147093
omggg. is this system wide or school specific?Apparently there is an issue with the CYMS tool which might explain why its so quiet. Linking the thread where a med school admin mentioned this.
Post in: '2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread'
2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
The admin says it is a general issue. Just what we all needed🙃omggg. is this system wide or school specific?
D
deleted1147093
uuugughghghhghgh this issss the worst news. endless waitingThe admin says it is a general issue. Just what we all needed🙃
beaglesrthecutest
New Member
rejected yesterday at 6pm- interview was on feb 23- good luck to y’all! 🙂 !
BiggieToad
New Member
They were kind enough to reply very quickly, lol it must be so tiring for them to repeat this cycle year after year. Tough decisions to make and I’m sure that they get a lot of questions. Here’s this gist of their response :I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as long as you’re polite, don’t email them every day, and don’t ask about your status specifically. In previous years, people have emailed admissions periodically and they have provided updates on where things stand. The worst they can say is that they won’t be providing any updates, and I highly doubt emailing them will affect your chances of admission. If you end up reaching out, please let us know what they say!
We have just this week completed the review of all of our candidates for this cycle. You will most likely hear back from us with an admissions decision by the end of this week or early next week.
We did not communicate that all decisions would be made by May 1. However, May 1 is the first date applicants can choose commit to enroll in CYMS.
So it’s my bad for misunderstanding - I really thought all acceptances would be released on May01 and ended up worrying a lot on that particular day for no reason.
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Manifesting that we get the call today🙏🏽
Rejected May 2nd 9:36pm Eastern. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so sorry. Would you be willing to share when you interviewed / if you were previously WL'd?Rejected May 2nd 9:36pm Eastern. Good luck!
Interviewed March 2nd. Was never waitlisted.I'm so sorry. Would you be willing to share when you interviewed / if you were previously WL'd?
D
deleted1147093
they will prob call tomo or like mon/tues based off what the admissions person said in the email. but i wouldn't mind today HAHAManifesting that we get the call today🙏🏽
hopefulpremed05
Full Member
Looks like the glitch has been fixed! Makes me think that maybe the lack of waitlist movement is due to a full class instead…
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
If thats the case I really hope they release the ranked waitlist or an update email soon. Need to know how long I hold out hope before moving on.Looks like the glitch has been fixed! Makes me think that maybe the lack of waitlist movement is due to a full class instead…
D
deleted1147093
nooo literally sameee HAHA. knowing im not getting off the WL would be a lot better for me than the constant wondering.If thats the case I really hope they release the ranked waitlist or an update email soon. Need to know how long I hold out hope before moving on.
It sounds like they fixed the glitch near the end of the day, and with the usual speed of UMN admissions, I wouldn’t expect them to accomplish anything in <1 hour. I’m sure movement will start tomorrow or early next week as indicated in the email from admissions above.
That being said, the majority of WL applicants aren’t going to hear back for a while. If you end up on the ranked alternate list, it comes out in early June.
That being said, the majority of WL applicants aren’t going to hear back for a while. If you end up on the ranked alternate list, it comes out in early June.
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Do you happen to know the reasoning behind why the ranked list cant be made/given to us earlier than June?It sounds like they fixed the glitch near the end of the day, and with the usual speed of UMN admissions, I wouldn’t expect them to accomplish anything in <1 hour. I’m sure movement will start tomorrow or early next week as indicated in the email from admissions above.
That being said, the majority of WL applicants aren’t going to hear back for a while. If you end up on the ranked alternate list, it comes out in early June.
D
deleted1147093
what's the difference between WL and ranked alternate list?It sounds like they fixed the glitch near the end of the day, and with the usual speed of UMN admissions, I wouldn’t expect them to accomplish anything in <1 hour. I’m sure movement will start tomorrow or early next week as indicated in the email from admissions above.
That being said, the majority of WL applicants aren’t going to hear back for a while. If you end up on the ranked alternate list, it comes out in early June.
I don’t, and I can’t even make up a reason. Makes literally no sense to me. Honestly it probably just takes them that long to get their **** together.Do you happen to know the reasoning behind why the ranked list cant be made/given to us earlier than June?
Basically, at this point they will accept some from the top of the WL and release others from the bottom. Whoever is left from the middle of the waitlist in June will be transitioned to the new list and told their position.what's the difference between WL and ranked alternate list?
D
deleted1147093
oh wow. yeah i feel like it'd be a lot better to just be told flat out than be wonderingI don’t, and I can’t even make up a reason. Makes literally no sense to me. Honestly it probably just takes them that long to get their **** together.
Basically, at this point they will accept some from the top of the WL and release others from the bottom. Whoever is left from the middle of the waitlist in June will be transitioned to the new list and told their position.
Can they just send me my L. I don’t like this purgatory 😭
D
deleted1147093
ughhh ikkkCan they just send me my L. I don’t like this purgatory 😭
hopefulpremed05
Full Member
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
See yall next week! Im going to avoid SDN over the weekend to keep whats left of my sanity😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they will send a formal rejection email sometime between now and July/August if a waitlist email was not sentNot going to lie part of me is wondering if they're just going to ghost everyone who hasn't heard back yet
So are we even sure that we're going to hear anything back soon? Lol. Because like at this point I'm just thinking about moving on
D
deleted1147093
yeah its been a long time honestly..So are we even sure that we're going to hear anything back soon? Lol. Because like at this point I'm just thinking about moving on
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
It seems like a lot of other schools are also being silent so im hoping TC took Friday off and is working on the list today. Lots and lots of copiumSo are we even sure that we're going to hear anything back soon? Lol. Because like at this point I'm just thinking about moving on
Not yet. I’m stressing tbhAny news or still radio silence? 😫
D
deleted1147093
still silence
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
If there is still no movement by the end of the week I might actually go insane. The email from earlier in the thread said people should get news early this week so 🤞🤞
D
deleted1147093
ughhh ik. it said "end of the week or early next week". so we didn't hear the end of the week, and still havent heard early this week. just wondering whennn
D
deleted1147093
anyone know chance of getting off WL here?
notinterested
New Member
For those who are currently waiting for waitlist movement or have already received a WL response, would you kindly share your position on the waitlist (top-third, mid-third, bottom-third) and the location (TC/Duluth) you are waitlisted for? Thank you!
D
deleted1147093
you were given ur position on the waitlist?
notinterested
New Member
As far as I am aware, those who are WL'd to Duluth have received an indication of which third they are in out of 105. I am in the top third, so somewhere in the top ~35. I hope that makes sense!you were given ur position on the waitlist?
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Maybe TC is trying to do the same instead of releasing it after June which is why its taking time for movement to start? Idk just spitballing at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1147093
it really is. :/
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
I really hope someone hears back before the weekend🙏
D
deleted1147093
i thought it was supposed to be early this week we'd hear back?I really hope someone hears back before the weekend🙏
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Yeah either people not on SDN heard back or they meant early as in end of the week loli thought it was supposed to be early this week we'd hear back?
D
deleted1147093
feel like a large majority of folks are on SDN that get in, and usually report this kind of stuff. That's just odd if nobody reported offers from the WL. But honestly, could be the case because there's been zero reported movement...Yeah either people not on SDN heard back or they meant early as in end of the week lol