2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
feel like a large majority of folks are on SDN that get in, and usually report this kind of stuff. That's just odd if nobody reported offers from the WL. But honestly, could be the case because there's been zero reported movement...
Yeah who knows. I wish we were getting more communication from the admissions committee, especially if there still is a delay.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
another day of agony.
IMG_1840.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
still nothing
At this point I feel like WL movement has begun and the few people that got off arent on SDN. Unless there is another delay idk why they would email saying they will accept people early this week and then not do it.

At this point I feel like WL movement has begun and the few people that got off arent on SDN. Unless there is another delay idk why they would email saying they will accept people early this week and then not do it.
On facebook, I've been looking up the U of M Twin Cities class of 2027 page... last week on 5/2, they had about 165 people in the group and now they have 174.. so yeah I'm also wondering if people have gotten off the WL recently and are just not on SDN. Idk, this is just speculation at this point but the waiting is making me crazy. I'd appreciate at least an update or something.

I interviewed Feb and am still waiting to hear A/W/R. They told me I’d hear back late last week or early this week, and idk why the delay - lol checking my email 10x/day like 🫣👀

I guess I say this cause I’m confused about where they’re at in the process - maybe they don’t have many open spots so they’re evaluating the final applicants and the current waitlists simultaneously? I wonder if that could be part of the longer wait

Last edited:
On facebook, I've been looking up the U of M Twin Cities class of 2027 page... last week on 5/2, they had about 165 people in the group and now they have 174.. so yeah I'm also wondering if people have gotten off the WL recently and are just not on SDN. Idk, this is just speculation at this point but the waiting is making me crazy. I'd appreciate at least an update or something.
ahh ok this makes sense. yeah the folks who got off just havent reported it but they 100% have offered at least 10 people from the WL and the class should be about full by now. super tough, though I wish they communicated a little better. well, time to accept the loss, really wanted to go to UMN, but i guess ill just focus on the future.

I interviewed Feb and am still waiting to hear A/W/R. They told me late last week or early this week, and idk why the delay - lol checking my email 10x/day like 🫣👀

I guess I say this cause I’m confused about where they’re at in the process - maybe they don’t have many open spots so they’re evaluating the final applicants and the current waitlists simultaneously? I wonder if that could be part of the longer wait
jesus they still havent made decisions yet for some Post-II's?

I interviewed Feb and am still waiting to hear A/W/R. They told me late last week or early this week, and idk why the delay - lol checking my email 10x/day like 🫣👀

Seriously! I'm still waiting to hear back too! ! Like if the class is full just tell me R.

Seriously! I'm still waiting to hear back too! ! Like if the class is full just tell me R.
Yeah I hope they email us when they know there will be no more waitlist movement. Or at least email us our spot on the waitlist sooner than June

Yeah I hope they email us when they know there will be no more waitlist movement. Or at least email us our spot on the waitlist sooner than June
I just sent them an email asking about wl decisions and a timeline. I also asked if they can let me know my spot on the wl, so I'll let y'all know what they say! hopefully, they reply tomorrow.

Accepted off the waitlist earlier this week. Officially logging off of SDN now, but for those who are still waiting—the waitlist is/has been moving!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the class might be full. The FB group says it’s 176 and the class size is 175

I think the class might be full. The FB group says it’s 176 and the class size is 175
There are always current students and people who don't end up actually coming here in those groups. The class of 2025 and 2026 groups both have about 290 people in them.

That being said, they had extended enough acceptances to fill the class by March, so the class should always theoretically be full from this point on. I highly doubt that movement has finished, though.

Fingers crossed that some people just forgot to leave the group. Or honestly I'd be happy with some official communication of that and get my R and go home.

I just sent them an email asking about wl decisions and a timeline. I also asked if they can let me know my spot on the wl, so I'll let y'all know what they say! hopefully, they reply tomorrow.
Did they ever respond?

Sorry for double post on mobile

Okay so I just got an email from them. The class is full. The final vote is next week. Everyone should be getting a decision letter within the next 2 weeks. The ranked waitlist will come out in June.

So with that said I'm giving up hope and moving on with another school hopefully some waitlist people here get in.

Okay so I just got an email from them. The class is full. The final vote is next week. Everyone should be getting a decision letter within the next 2 weeks. The ranked waitlist will come out in June.

So with that said I'm giving up hope and moving on with another school hopefully some waitlist people here get in.
I didnt get this email. Sounds like they are only sending it to those who havent gotten a decision post interview.

Did they ever respond?

Sorry for double post on mobile
Yes!! They just responded a few minutes ago.

“At this time, the class has been filled and the waitlist is a general waitlist that is not yet ranked. Now that the Commit to Enroll option has opened on the AMCAS CYMS tool, we have seen some movement in terms of withdraws and we could start accepting applicants off of the waitlist throughout the month of May. A ranked list will be created at the beginning of June and we will update waitlisted applicants with their place on the list at that time.”

Last edited:

“At this time, the class has been filled and the waitlist is a general waitlist that is not yet ranked. Now that the Commit to Enroll option has opened on the AMCAS CYMS tool, we have seen some movement in terms of withdraws and we could start accepting applicants off of the waitlist throughout the month of May. A ranked list will be created at the beginning of June and we will update waitlisted applicants with their place on the list at that time.”

That’s hard to hear. My other school has a commit date of June 1st so if I don’t get off Minnesota’s waitlist by then, I’ll have to drop out of Minnesota’s waitlist, right? Wish they could speed things up or share a rank earlier so I can try to weigh my options better. Wondering if it’s worth holding on to Minnesota’s WL at this point.
The wording is so weird to me. “We COULD start accepting applicants off of the waitlist” when people reported getting off earlier this week. Maybe im just being nitpicky lol this process is driving me up a wall😭

That’s hard to hear. My other school has a commit date of June 1st so if I don’t get off Minnesota’s waitlist by then, I’ll have to drop out of Minnesota’s waitlist, right? Wish they could speed things up or share a rank earlier so I can try to weigh my options better. Wondering if it’s worth holding on to Minnesota’s WL at this point.
That’s so dumb. So if they got a full class and they have a waitlist. Why not end the misery of the other students that have not been put in a group and are in limbo? They are so unprofessional, incompetent and inconsiderate. What happened to “Minnesota Nice”? I wish Amcas had regulations and rules set in place to prevent schools from doing this to people

sad to say but moving on from this school and accepting the L. sucks i didn't get off the WL, it is what it is, but its long overdue for me to move on for my well-being. congrats to everyone who got in, and GL to my fellow WL'ers, hope yall can have success in a re-app or at another school. the whole med-school app process really is just so discouraging to enter the field of medicine, shouldnt have to be like this.

Reactions: 2 users
This might be a dumb question, but from what I understand admissions usually calls to let people know about their acceptance. If they were to call and not get an answer would they just follow up with a voice mail and/or email or just move on to a next candidate?

This might be a dumb question, but from what I understand admissions usually calls to let people know about their acceptance. If they were to call and not get an answer would they just follow up with a voice mail and/or email or just move on to a next candidate?
They leave a voicemail and send an email, don’t worry :)

think it finished. fb group is full :/
Someone mentioned earlier that there are current students and faculty in the group so we cant fully base it off of that. That being said, I am now desperately waiting for June to at least know my spot on the list😅

I've personally given up and commited to another school, sadly. I really wanted to go, but oh well.

Similar Email:

"At this time, the class has been filled and the waitlist is a general waitlist that is not yet ranked. Now that the Commit to Enroll option has opened on the AMCAS CYMS tool, we have seen some movement in terms of withdraws and we could start accepting applicants off of the waitlist throughout the month of May. A ranked list will be created at the beginning of June and we will update waitlisted applicants with their place on the list at that time. Generally, we make 250 acceptance offers to seat a class of 165."

Similar Email:

"At this time, the class has been filled and the waitlist is a general waitlist that is not yet ranked. Now that the Commit to Enroll option has opened on the AMCAS CYMS tool, we have seen some movement in terms of withdraws and we could start accepting applicants off of the waitlist throughout the month of May. A ranked list will be created at the beginning of June and we will update waitlisted applicants with their place on the list at that time. Generally, we make 250 acceptance offers to seat a class of 165."
WTF??? what about the people that have not heard back post interview? That have not been waitlisted or rejected? I emailed the dean 2weeks ago and she told me we would hear back latest by the end of the week. Today is the 3rd week since emailing her. Why are they like this? Should I email again?

WTF??? what about the people that have not heard back post interview? That have not been waitlisted or rejected? I emailed the dean 2weeks ago and she told me we would hear back latest by the end of the week. Today is the 3rd week since emailing her. Why are they like this? Should I email again?
might as well. what u got to lose?

Similar Email:

Ngl this has me confused. This is the second time they said they “could start accepting applicants”. Does that mean they havent started yet/ the people who are getting off are for Duluth campus?

A couple people I know have gotten off the TC waitlist since the start of May. I don't think one of them was ever officially put on the waitlist. The people getting accepted might just not be on SDN, and no admissions office is going to tell people exactly when or how many waitlist offers will go out. I wouldn't read too much into every word of their emails. They're probably overwhelmed right now with questions they can't answer. Nothing to do but wait and see...

Got in! Will be declining however.
TC, interviewed 12/3/22 and was waitlisted in 2/2023
OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
They released the ranked waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know the chances for 10 - 20 on the alt list?

Just got in off the waitlist!! Interviewed 1/10 and have been in waitlist purgatory since March. I am non-trad with 503 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad GPA, and 3.7 post-bacc GPA. First of my family to graduate college and first in my family to pursue medicine. I am 28 and have put everything I could into this journey for the past 5 years. Keep going friends and believe in yourselves. Dreams do come true.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got in off the waitlist!! Interviewed 1/10 and have been in waitlist purgatory since March. I am non-trad with 503 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad GPA, and 3.7 post-bacc GPA. First of my family to graduate college and first in my family to pursue medicine. I am 28 and have put my everything into this journey for the past 5 years. Keep going friends and believe in yourselves. Dreams do come true.

Extremely proud and happy for you friend! You’re gonna be amazing!!

Just got in off the waitlist!! Interviewed 1/10 and have been in waitlist purgatory since March. I am non-trad with 503 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad GPA, and 3.7 post-bacc GPA. First of my family to graduate college and first in my family to pursue medicine. I am 28 and have put everything I could into this journey for the past 5 years. Keep going friends and believe in yourselves. Dreams do come true.
Congratulations! You’re amazing! Are in state or oos?