2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the portal, PSU hasn't even marked my FAFSA app as received and they have had it for at least a few weeks now. I don't think they give our financial aid (i.e., loans) until the end of March/early April. However, I confirmed in early Jan with StudentAid that scholarships begin rolling out mid-Feb.
Same with me! I was gonna call admissions asking when they'd mark it because I'm nervous they won't give me a financial aid package lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On the portal, PSU hasn't even marked my FAFSA app as received and they have had it for at least a few weeks now. I don't think they give our financial aid (i.e., loans) until the end of March/early April. However, I confirmed in early Jan with StudentAid that scholarships begin rolling out mid-Feb.
Thanks!

Same with me! I was gonna call admissions asking when they'd mark it because I'm nervous they won't give me a financial aid package lmao
If you do call/email, please let us know what they say! This is a super important question a ton of us have

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if "hold" is a soft R?
starting to think so... haven't seen anyone this cycle on SDN report coming off a hold with an II. Prayers up that this isn't actually the case though lol

• Sad
If it helps anyone, I emailed asking why the Fafsa wasn’t marked complete yet and they assured me they received my Fafsa. They said “the checklist is manually updated early spring and you should see it marked off shortly”.

Does anyone know of an accepted student day or second look day?

Reactions: 7 users
Are we expecting decisions for late dec interviews around late Feb/ early march? also are we supposed to fill out FAFSA if we interviewed?

Pre II R after submitting in July and silence since then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of an accepted student day or second look day?
I spoke with someone from admissions a few weeks ago about an accepted students day/second look. I was told that they are working with "PSCOM leadership/infectious disease leadershership" to determine how to proceed and that they will share any info with accepeted studetns in the coming weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
I spoke with someone from admissions a few weeks ago about an accepted students day/second look. I was told that they are working with "PSCOM leadership/infectious disease leadershership" to determine how to proceed and that they will share any info with accepeted studetns in the coming weeks.
Awesome! Thanks for the info

I received a similar response for the UP campus as well

Has anyone moved from a pre-II hold to an interview? I haven't heard anything since the hold in October, so I'm assuming it's a soft-R at this point. Got my MPH and B.S. from PSU so a little disheartening to not hear anything back yet lol
I was a hold from something back in November to II in January and interviewing in a week. OOS, no ties to PSU or Pennsylvania. So it could happen for you too

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Is there any possibility of the post II holds turning into acceptances? I know we can’t send updates, but do they accept LOIs?

If anyone hears back about scholarships this or in the coming weeks, please let us know that they are being rolled out. I'm anxious to hear if they will match my other scholarship because I want to come here so badly!

Hi everyone, any idea when they release decisions about the UP program or for scholarships/financial aid at Hershey? :)

I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that UP sends offers march/April
Dr. Wong told me in my UP interview that they began making offers Feb 27th this year, but I did interview for UP a few weeks back so timelines could have changed since then.

Dr. Wong told me in my UP interview that they began making offers Feb 27th this year, but I did interview for UP a few weeks back so timelines could have changed since then.
You’re right! I just had my final interview with UP and they gave me the same information. Idk where I read that they release decisions in March

Is anyone who interviewed the first week of November waiting to hear back? It’s been 15+ weeks and I can’t help but worry that it’s a bad sign 😔

• Care
Is anyone who interviewed the first week of November waiting to hear back? It’s been 15+ weeks and I can’t help but worry that it’s a bad sign 😔
oh man, i'm sorry. i interviewed at the beginning on january and am getting antsy. fingers crossed you hear some good news soon!

• Care
Please please please if anyone gets notified about scholarship/financial aid info post it here. I'm neurotic and want to prepare myself for when we can expect to hear lol

Please please please if anyone gets notified about scholarship/financial aid info post it here. I'm neurotic and want to prepare myself for when we can expect to hear lol
You’re not gonna hear for a while so put that stress into something else

Are the MCQ exams in house or NBME?
in house
cardioresp instructors described it as being designed to make you successful on clerkships - a lot of clinical application etc, so not studying to a test but studying for future application

I also emailed about this recently, they said "no info has been provided for 2LD, if you are an accept student information will be sent to you once a date as been scheduled. On 2LD you will be able to interact and speak with our medical students," so sounds like something is in the works, but I have no idea what 2LD means??? help

I also emailed about this recently, they said "no info has been provided for 2LD, if you are an accept student information will be sent to you once a date as been scheduled. On 2LD you will be able to interact and speak with our medical students," so sounds like something is in the works, but I have no idea what 2LD means??? help

2LD = second look day?

hi guys, just wanted to ask current students (and also applicants) the main difference between the Hershey and University Park Curriculum?

Anyone in the accepted student group? Wondering if it’s active or useful enough to warrant making a Facebook

Anyone in the accepted student group? Wondering if it’s active or useful enough to warrant making a Facebook
It’s really dead tbh. Like not even current students responding to important admitted student questions after like a month plus

It’s really dead tbh. Like not even current students responding to important admitted student questions after like a month plus
yeah...are accepted groups normally like this? i'm wondering if there is a groupme or something else that is more active

yeah...are accepted groups normally like this? i'm wondering if there is a groupme or something else that is more active
I’m in like 7 others and most of them are pretty active with admitted student chatting and then also current students give their advice/answering questions. PSU is definitely the odd one out (and the school is great so it doesn’t really matter but it’s weird)

The FB groups tend to not be super active until later. I can post a link to the discord where students are pretty active to answer questions.

Don't plan on getting a single on campus.
On campus housing is not competitive if you apply early
Thank you! Sorry to keep pestering, but does Penn provide any resources that we should plan on NOT buying? Ipad/stethoscope w.e. it may be. Thanks again.