-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
Looks like very small amount of WL movement last year though
?? 65 is just over 40% of the class.Looks like very small amount of WL movement last year though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pittmedms1
New Member
just the portal updateDid anyone get an email yet, or is it just on the portal?
pandemicflames
Full Member
Do you think PSTP interviewees mostly get waitlisted? And they leave the decision up to PSTP comittee. I’m guessing they reserve a certain amount of seats for PSTP.
cheerios5450
Full Member
Accepted! 🥹
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
Yeah, I'm saying that number might not be accurate according to the admission office last year?? 65 is just over 40% of the class.
+1 WL
If anything, I’d imagine it’s more. According to the admissions website, the class size is 153 and it says 295 were accepted last year.Yeah, I'm saying that number might not be accurate according to the admission office last year
Last edited:
saganist
Full Member
Just the portal rn. And +1 to waitlist.Did anyone get an email yet, or is it just on the portal?
Accepted!!
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
It's normal for schools to accept double their class size. All I'm saying is that there wasn't a lot of wait-list movement for the last couple years because they filled their class early. Hopefully it is different this year.If anything, I’d imagine it’s more. According to the admissions website, the class size is 153 and it says 295 were accepted last year.
Waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clatteringhydroflask
Full Member
Waitlist! Interviewed late September.
Right, but from my understanding in the initial wave they aren't accepting more than they can fit in the class. That number is usually so high because that's what they end up accepting when all is said and done in August. You're saying the past couple years there hasn't been much movement. What is that based off of? Where is that information?It's normal for schools to accept double their class size. All I'm saying is that there wasn't a lot of wait-list movement for the last couple years because they filled their class early. Hopefully it is different this year.
lilscientist14
Full Member
WL- interviewed early September
A I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭
Waitlist, interviewed mid-October. I'm so disappointed - I thought this interview went really well. The waiting and uncertainty is really getting to me this cycle
WL!
WL, oos, interviewed 9/1
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
I read last year's thread where they called the admissions officeRight, but from my understanding in the initial wave they aren't accepting more than they can fit in the class. That number is usually so high because that's what they end up accepting when all is said and done in August. You're saying the past couple years there hasn't been much movement. What is that based off of? Where is that information?
Gotcha. Yea, I read the same, but I think it also makes sense that they were giving general answers and SDN is a small sample size. We don't know who or how many actually got in off the waitlist. Maybe I'm just optimistic haha.I read last year's thread where they called the admissions office
heretolurk123
New Member
Rejected. Second school I was rejected at after interviewing. Thought my interview went well too 🙁
WL 💀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL, oos
how many ppl are on the WL? Will we ever know where we are on the WL?
tinypenguin
Full Member
WL
WL here!
Pretty disappointed, my sixth WL! But hopeful as always for good things to come.
While I'm here... does anyone know about the PCAT and whether or not they're interviewing for it?
Pretty disappointed, my sixth WL! But hopeful as always for good things to come.
While I'm here... does anyone know about the PCAT and whether or not they're interviewing for it?
milesofmedicine
Full Member
WL 🙁. Is their WL ranked or tiered and can we call to ask our position?
this says its a 2 tiered waitlist. maybe we will get an email about it?
Allegedly only 15 hours of synchronous instruction time per week does not sound too daunting, except for the need for more self directed learning/study time. Granted they have not actually released most of the actual plan yet but a lot of schools have been moving to PBL rather than traditional lecturesCurrent Pitt student here. Congrats to all those with acceptances! I don't want to burst any bubbles, but I really feel obligated to suggest you to take a real hard look at the new pitt curriculum for next year. Obviously, med school is gonna be hard no matter what and pitt has a strong reputation and good research, but I recommend you really do some soul searching about whether or not you are willing to commit to that much PBL time every single day and risk the turbulence of a new curriculum. My experience with the old curriculum really worries me for the they are planning for the incoming class.
just my two cents. good luck everyone!
Info powerpoint for anyone curious:
Curriculum Committee Virtual Meeting - 5/2/2022
Zoom Meeting ID: 96339437949 • Host: Michelle Sergent • Meeting Start: 05/02/2022 @ 3:44 PM • Recording Start: 05/02/2022 @ 3:44 PM • Duration: 1 hr 8 mins • Participants: Boisen# Michael L, Orquidia Torres, Kate Brownlee, iPhone, Michelle Sergent, Martin Schmidt, Walker# William Henry...
pitt.hosted.panopto.com
saganist
Full Member
Dude, I totally relate. This is WL #7 for me. Brutal.WL here!
Pretty disappointed, my sixth WL! But hopeful as always for good things to come.
While I'm here... does anyone know about the PCAT and whether or not they're interviewing for it?
saganist
Full Member
I've always emailed admin asking if they are able to tell me where I am on the waitlist. But so far at everywhere else, I've always been told it's unranked (not helpful). But I still think it's worth asking Pitt about and is a normal question to ask admin as long as you're polite!
this says its a 2 tiered waitlist. maybe we will get an email about it?
medschoolapplicant99
New Member
This ratio makes me wonder if theyDang, so many WL here.
Edit: Went back and counted those represented on SDN, so far this morning. It's approximately:
WL: 39
A: 9
a. Interviewed a lot more students this year
b. Only accepted the number of students for the number of spots.
I was expecting that they interviewed approx 700 students for 150 spots and would accept ~300 (43%). These numbers would lead me to believe they accepted 150 (21.5%) which would lead to a 4:1 ratio of accepted to not accepted (wl or rejected).
I have no facts to back this up but just my brain dump.
+1 Waitlisted
They probably interviewed north of 900 like they did last year, but probably only accepted ~150 off the bat because i think they learned from their mistake of initially over accepting 2 years ago (based on comments from that cycle's thread)This ratio makes me wonder if they
a. Interviewed a lot more students this year
b. Only accepted the number of students for the number of spots.
I was expecting that they interviewed approx 700 students for 150 spots and would accept ~300 (43%). These numbers would lead me to believe they accepted 150 (21.5%) which would lead to a 4:1 ratio of accepted to not accepted (wl or rejected).
I have no facts to back this up but just my brain dump.
OOS A
+1 OOS A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soccerbob69
Full Member
R, LM 69
admediralkat
New Member
WL
in my portal it says a financial aid packet should be emailed shortly, based on previous cycles should i interpret that as today or in the near future?
I could be totally wrong but if everything's due March 1st, I doubt they would give out awards before like mid/late March.in my portal it says a financial aid packet should be emailed shortly, based on previous cycles should i interpret that as today or in the near future?