2022-2023 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what time decisions dropped last year?

Someone on last year's forum had compiled a list of the decision times so I added last year's and here it is:
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm
2021 Feb 19 - Friday - 8:43 am
2022 Jan 28 - Friday - 2:23 pm

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or rhythm to the times. It does seem more often than not the portal updates before email.
 
Someone on last year's forum had compiled a list of the decision times so I added last year's and here it is:
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm
2021 Feb 19 - Friday - 8:43 am
2022 Jan 28 - Friday - 2:23 pm

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or rhythm to the times. It does seem more often than not the portal updates before email.
I love how you had to clarify that it wasn't you that was the crazy person who looked through 9 years of threads lol
 
Someone on last year's forum had compiled a list of the decision times so I added last year's and here it is:
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm
2021 Feb 19 - Friday - 8:43 am
2022 Jan 28 - Friday - 2:23 pm

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or rhythm to the times. It does seem more often than not the portal updates before email.
5:02PM!? My heart can't take the wait. The most neurotic I've been all cycle and only with this school. 😴
 
I just pulled my Al Haitham and I’m LOVING him with Raiden ✨✨✨
no way! i’m building currently him rn (not having luck with EM for him). raiden has been in my party since i pulled her and i enjoy how both of them work with yelan!!
 
no way! i’m building currently him rn (not having luck with EM for him). raiden has been in my party since i pulled her and i enjoy how both of them work with yelan!!
Omg I don’t have Yelan!! I just finished his build (4 deepwood) and he’s killing it in abyss!! I run him with barbara for some hyperbloom from her water ring though! A huge fan 🙂
 
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF
 
Omg I don’t have Yelan!! I just finished his build (4 deepwood) and he’s killing it in abyss!! I run him with barbara for some hyperbloom from her water ring though! A huge fan 🙂
rn i have him on 2 pc deepwood 2 pc guilded but 4pc deepwood is the goal. yelan is amazing tbh and i’m excited for the livestream today 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL as well. Is there any movement for WLs at Pitt? Or should I just take it as an R 😔
Depends on the year, I think there is usually some movement. Update letters at this point can help, especially if you have connections to the school that could also put in a good word
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the portal directly say you've been waitlisted? Mine says "our Admissions Committee has concluded that we are unable to offer you acceptance to the university" but nothing about a waitlist.
This is the language used in the portal for the waitlist for reference: "The Admissions Committee of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided to place you on the waitlist at this time. In the spring, the Committee will be giving your application further consideration and begin offering admission to the applicants on the wait list."
 
Does the portal directly say you've been waitlisted? Mine says "our Admissions Committee has concluded that we are unable to offer you acceptance to the university" but nothing about a waitlist.
Unfortunately thats probably an R then. The waitlist message says:

“The Admissions Committee of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided to place you on the waitlist at this time. In the spring, the Committee will be giving your application further consideration and begin offering admission to the applicants on the wait list.”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad