2022-2023 Quinnipiac

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received an invitation to interview last week from here and was wondering if anyone had any advice.
I havent had an interview in awhile so i would appreciate any advice from anyone that has previously interviewed here
 
I just received an invitation to interview last week from here and was wondering if anyone had any advice.
I havent had an interview in awhile so i would appreciate any advice from anyone that has previously interviewed here

I interviewed and was accepted here, but as always this is just my experience; others might have different advice or not agree.

Tips:

  • Like all interviews, be respectful, dress appropriately, manage your tech requirements, and do what you can to ensure your virtual experience is seamless.
  • Review your experiences from your application and secondary, they don't have access to grades or scores but will come with questions regarding what you wrote. Whether that's "Tell me about X" or "Y is interesting, what did it teach you", you don't want to be that person that doesn't know their own app.
  • Review basic med school interview questions, "Why medicine and not X", "Why us", etc. The bemo guide online is pretty nice IMO and should be enough.
  • Don't psyche yourself out, both of my interviews were extremely chill. Don't feel the urge to jump in with something in an effort to sell yourself, I'd personally treat it more as a respectful casual conversation. I can say that medicine was like 10% of what we talked about throughout both of mine lol.
  • Interviews are pretty short but I'd still prepare a couple of questions, sometimes questions will come just as a byproduct of your conversation but I'd still hang onto a couple of ones beforehand just in case.
  • Congrats on the interview invitation! Wishing you the absolute best and remember that interview means they see something in you, you 100% deserve to be there.
 
I was one of the individuals who received the Casper emails, so I’m unsure if my application was ever marked complete or not. No rejection received on my end yet. If my application was incomplete, should I have received an R by now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was one of the individuals who received the Casper emails, so I’m unsure if my application was ever marked complete or not. No rejection received on my end yet. If my application was incomplete, should I have received an R by now?
You should have received a completed application email.
The subject on mine was "Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine application complete".

I should mention that I was also in the Casper group.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woah nice! I'm guessing you had the interviewers email from the interview and reached out for another call?
yeah in the interview me and the professor were laughing our asses off and chilling/talking about his work after talking about some of my work in hospice. he gave me his email afterward so three weeks later i emailed him and asked to speak to him more about the school. we spent an hour the day before my acceptance talking about the school.
 
yeah in the interview me and the professor were laughing our asses off and chilling/talking about his work after talking about some of my work in hospice. he gave me his email afterward so three weeks later i emailed him and asked to speak to him more about the school. we spent an hour the day before my acceptance talking about the school.
Very well done! And congratulations!
 
Scholarship offer that puts me at a full ride. I’ve got family in New Haven, Mom\Dad\Brother in NYC just a short trip away, and my league of legends 5 man group lives in New Haven too. Feels good to be at this point.
Congrats! Do they email when they have a financial aid package for you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scholarship offer that puts me at a full ride. I’ve got family in New Haven, Mom\Dad\Brother in NYC just a short trip away, and my league of legends 5 man group lives in New Haven too. Feels good to be at this point.
congrats! how long after u submitted the deposit did you receive the aid? And did you already get a Quinnipiac email? I was accepted on 2/8 but only paid the deposit on 2/13.