-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Quinnipiac
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My faculty interviewer gave me her email.Did you guys send thank you emails after the interviews? I'm not sure where to find contact information or where to upload the letters
My administrator interviewer didn't and I looked her up on the QU website and she doesn't have an email listed, so I just emailed admissions and asked for it to be forwarded to her if possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I guess the rest of us should take the whole "8 weeks until a decision" with a grain of salt since the first interview cohort hasn't even received decisions lol
snowman888
Full Member
have not interviewed here yet but i made this for you all ❤️
UCI is also taking a while 🙁 first interview batch happened back on 8/22 and we haven't heard anything yethave not interviewed here yet but i made this for you all ❤️
View attachment 362047
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
GAH! Just learned I never sent my Casper score in because they weren't on the list when I took it back in June. I just sent it but I'm assuming my chances are essentially zero this late in the cycle?
Same thing here.. I submitted 3 months ago and I'm just now noticing! In the email they stated that they still had more than half of interview offers available because they started offering interviews 3 weeks later in cycle and have also been more careful with who they send interviews to. So I guess it's not the end of the world lol.GAH! Just learned I never sent my Casper score in because they weren't on the list when I took it back in June. I just sent it but I'm assuming my chances are essentially zero this late in the cycle?
Not necessarily!!!! Get it in - who knows! This school isn’t as big as some of the others so your app may not go unnoticed. I had the same a few weeks ago. It should be clarified better on the portalGAH! Just learned I never sent my Casper score in because they weren't on the list when I took it back in June. I just sent it but I'm assuming my chances are essentially zero this late in the cycle?
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Can't believe I missed it. I check the portal weekly and it says application complete under application status so I never assumed I still had something missing.Same thing here.. I submitted 3 months ago and I'm just now noticing!
I just got the same email about Casper 😱 been sitting here thinking I was complete for months... but they did say in the email that there are plenty of slots still available which makes me feel at least a little better (maybe just wishful thinking but you gotta do what you gotta do)Same thing here.. I submitted 3 months ago and I'm just now noticing!
"there are still more than half of our interview spots available so your application will receive full consideration. We have been very deliberate in extending interview offers and we also began our interview season 3 weeks later than in prior years. We intend to interview into early March."
Ugh! I hadnt even had them down as a school that required casper???? ShootGAH! Just learned I never sent my Casper score in because they weren't on the list when I took it back in June. I just sent it but I'm assuming my chances are essentially zero this late in the cycle?
piglover123
Full Member
What is our best guess as to when we will hear back post interview?
I hope by this Thursday because next week is a holiday and is also the last thursday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1126729
same.... just sent to them, what a bummerUgh! I hadnt even had them down as a school that required casper???? Shoot
Got the CASPER email too.
I don't think this is our fault and I feel like a BUNCH of us had this problem. I know I added them to my list when I took the test in June.
I don't think this is our fault and I feel like a BUNCH of us had this problem. I know I added them to my list when I took the test in June.
Netter cares more about pre-II applicants and their Casper status than they do about their post-II applicants and their admission decisions 🫠
Okay I take it back I DIDN'T add them to my list in June because that's the whole issue, they weren't on there! In my confusionI invented a memory. But like... HOW were we not notified until mid-November??Got the CASPER email too.
I don't think this is our fault and I feel like a BUNCH of us had this problem. I know I added them to my list when I took the test in June.
Jimmy McGill
Full Member
It’s not our fault at all. They dropped the ball tbhGot the CASPER email too.
I don't think this is our fault and I feel like a BUNCH of us had this problem. I know I added them to my list when I took the test in June.
They did say ~95% of incomplete secondaries were due to Casper, makes you wonder how many people this affected lolGot the CASPER email too.
I don't think this is our fault and I feel like a BUNCH of us had this problem. I know I added them to my list when I took the test in June.
i wonder if it was a weird logistical error on the casper end? i took it end ofThey did say ~95% of incomplete secondaries were due to Casper, makes you wonder how many people this affected lol
edit: i took casper at the end of june! not july
Last edited:
So this is what I think happened. I took Casper in June and, initially, did not Quinnipiac as one of the schools that require it. 2 weeks after taking it, I saw it as one of the participating schools and added it to the schools that I want my score to be sent. No announcements were made regarding it, so I do see why a substantial amount of applicants did not submit it here.i wonder if it was a weird logistical error on the casper end? i took it end of July and was able to designate netter
That's just my theory regarding this situation
Email said Quinnipiac wasn't under contract with Altus until July so people taking it before then couldn't designate it. Lowkey our fault for not checking our application status but could've been better communicated.i wonder if it was a weird logistical error on the casper end? i took it end of July and was able to designate netter
ah that checks out. i don't think that's your fault at all though. checking school portals is normal, but i feel like no one really checks altus after getting their score back unless adding another school. it definitely should have been communicated more clearly!Email said Quinnipiac wasn't under contract with Altus until July so people taking it before then couldn't designate it. Lowkey our fault for not checking our application status but could've been better communicated.
Another weird thing I noticed was that I sent my Casper end of Oct after I saw earlier comments on this thread saying it was necessary - but they uploaded an application complete email on 10/22, which never came to my email (just the portal under communication status), and then my LORs transmitted 11/9 shortly after the Casper was in even though I turned in my primary AMCAS with all letters wayyy earlier. So do LORs not even go through without Casper in???? Weird
Just double checking, you had an email on the portal that said your application was complete? I didn't get an email or anything similar to what some other schools have sent as a confirmation that my application was fully complete. The only thing that I got was that my secondary application was submitted and that was it. My status shows that my application is ready so my thought process was that everything was ready to go.Another weird thing I noticed was that I sent my Casper end of Oct after I saw earlier comments on this thread saying it was necessary - but they uploaded an application complete email on 10/22, which never came to my email (just the portal under communication status), and then my LORs transmitted 11/9 shortly after the Casper was in even though I turned in my primary AMCAS with all letters wayyy earlier. So do LORs not even go through without Casper in???? Weird
Yes - I submitted 9/20 (got an email then in my portal and actual email). Turned in my Casper end of October and got an update 10/22 only on the portal that my application is complete. So 3 total updates (1 for a secondary invite, 1 for it being submitted, and 1 for a complete app). See that LORS went in shortly after on 11/9 under document status.Just double checking, you had an email on the portal that said your application was complete? I didn't get an email or anything similar to what some other schools have sent as a confirmation that my application was fully complete. The only thing that I got was that my secondary application was submitted and that was it. My status shows that my application is ready so my thought process was that everything was ready to go.
Yes - I submitted 9/20 (got an email then in my portal and actual email). Turned in my Casper end of October and got an update 10/22 only on the portal that my application is complete. So 3 total updates (1 for a secondary invite, 1 for it being submitted, and 1 for a complete app). See that LORS went in shortly after on 11/9 under document status.
This is so weird! I got an “application complete” on July 23rd or so, and everywhere I’ve looked on the portal says my application is “complete” or “ready” depending on the page I have open.
I heard nothing about this CASPER development until today and my LORs had gone through before the end of July. But I guess that’s the crux of it… the end of July. I suppose something changed thereafter, per the timeline we’re all putting together.
D
deleted1130343
Also got the Casper email. Got an email on 7/26 that my secondary was submitted and that I was under consideration. Nothing about Casper there at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctochaco
Full Member
Got the Casper email too
I also took casper in June. My neurotic self just happened to check the casper portal in September, which is when I realized that I hadn't sent my score to them. I didn't receive any notif regarding it, and instead I even got an app complete email after submitting my secondary. At the time I was honestly mad at myself for being careless, but now I realize that this one is 100% on them :/ not fair considering all the other million hoops we've had to jump through to get here, and now this was just another thing we were supposed to keep track of?
Complete since 7/20 (with email confirmation). I didn’t get this Casper email and I also don’t see them as a designation on the Altus website (just checked). Should I email them?
piglover123
Full Member
Fingers crossed for some decisions today!
Another day...
appleskin29
Full Member
OOS II just now
congrats when were you completeOOS II just now
appleskin29
Full Member
7/21congrats when were you complete
This year they said they would interview 500 people so it might be closer to 60%Is their post ii acceptance rate of 85% according to the SDN spreadsheet accurate? it seems really high
Congrats! Did you submit the CASPER this week?OOS II just now
buzzbuzzbee07
Full Member
OOS II yesterday! Complete 09/05 super excited!
appleskin29
Full Member
Just withdrew from my II, hope it benefits one of you!
Got the A via email!
Interviewed 9/16, OOS, LM 68ish, 6’2” 235lbs, 90s baby
Interviewed 9/16, OOS, LM 68ish, 6’2” 235lbs, 90s baby
Last edited:
Nightcrawler00
Full Member
A via email, interviewed 9/16, LM 67.5 and OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orangeoctopus39
Full Member
Also got the acceptance email!
A!!
Just got the A as well! Interviewed 9/16
Got the R via email! I'm actually happy for this because I did not like the vibe my interviewer had! Also, the other 7 interviewees were all Ivies, so maybe I was compared to them? I don't know.
Despite this outcome, you're still doing an amazing job, Thiccy!Got the R via email! I'm actually happy for this because I did not like the vibe my interviewer had! Also, the other 7 interviewees were all Ivies, so maybe I was compared to them? I don't know.