2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
its been 10+ weeks for me
Sad Morgan Freeman GIF by Laff
try 12+ weeks

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Might not be the best place to post this, but just wondering if anyone here wanted to share their top reasons for applying/attending Netter? It'd be a great help to get other perspectives to see what I might be missing/not taking heavily enough into consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Might not be the best place to post this, but just wondering if anyone here wanted to share their top reasons for applying/attending Netter? It'd be a great help to get other perspectives to see what I might be missing/not taking heavily enough into consideration.

I'm interested in primary care, so their big focus on it appealed to me. You also get paired with preceptors you frequently shadow in M1 and M2, which can lead to good mentorship opportunities. The location also isn't too bad as well and is a fairly short drive from where I am, with a lot of matches in the NE area where I'm most interested in doing residency in. However, one thing that the students stressed about during my interview is that you have to drive a lot, especially to those preceptors as mentioned earlier.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who were accepted on 11/21, what time did you receive the email?

Just interviewed and they said they’re behind on interview decisions cause they revamped their process this cycle, at minimum expect 8 week turnaround, and they release decisions once per month. Sorry if this info isn’t new to u guys just figured I’d try to help

Reactions: 8 users
Just interviewed and they said they’re behind on interview decisions cause they revamped their process this cycle, at minimum expect 8 week turnaround, and they release decisions once per month. Sorry if this info isn’t new to u guys just figured I’d try to help
Ah interesting, wondering how the revamp will affect things, as they are known for a relatively high acceptance rate post interview. Rooting for all of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/10, also got an email saying that my application remains under review.
The wait is getting brutal :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
ugh interviewed a while back and no word from this batch of decisions ):

Is the under review email the same as a waitlist? Seeing something like this on the past pages when Nov decisions came out but couldn't verify?

Lol am I the only person who interviewed and got a FAT R this round of decisions?! :,( It's all good in the end and huge congratulations to everyone who got in or is still in the running!!! Brb while I buy some consolation ice cream and pretend I'm not offended

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats on all the As! Did anyone who interviewed past 10/10 get a decision?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm interested in primary care, so their big focus on it appealed to me. You also get paired with preceptors you frequently shadow in M1 and M2, which can lead to good mentorship opportunities. The location also isn't too bad as well and is a fairly short drive from where I am, with a lot of matches in the NE area where I'm most interested in doing residency in. However, one thing that the students stressed about during my interview is that you have to drive a lot, especially to those preceptors as mentioned earlier.
Just to clarify, MESH is not just shadowing. You do patient interviews, physical exams, work on differentials, write-ups, etc. depending on your preceptor it is much more akin to an internal medicine rotation

Reactions: 4 users
hey all, current student, happy to answer questions. good luck
Hello, thanks for the offer!

I've heard great things about Netter's overall environment and that it's one of the more lower-stress schools, just wanted to ask if that's been your experience as well. The other question was if you found there to be sufficient clinical opportunities to make connections? I know there isn't a home program so I was a little scared regarding the potential implications that might have but would love to hear someone's actual experience.

Thanks again!

Does anyone know if the interviewers are blinded? Or is it completely open file? Any help is appreciated :)

Does anyone know if the interviewers are blinded? Or is it completely open file? Any help is appreciated :)
For my interview, they had access to all my activities and essays but were blinded to any grades and scores (GPA, course grades, MCAT, etc.)

did they question you about your grades/MCAT?
i dont know how much of my application they saw, but i have retaken the mcat and they didnt mention it during my interview! they were super kind and seemed to want to get to know me as a person and learn about my interests rather than just my academic background

Hello, thanks for the offer!

I've heard great things about Netter's overall environment and that it's one of the more lower-stress schools, just wanted to ask if that's been your experience as well. The other question was if you found there to be sufficient clinical opportunities to make connections? I know there isn't a home program so I was a little scared regarding the potential implications that might have but would love to hear someone's actual experience.

Thanks again!
absolutely. biggest thing virtual interviewees miss is the culture. netter is a very welcoming, supportive, warm place. they focus on finding caring, compassionate, and collaborative people and it shows when you walk around the campus. even the gunners try to help everyone out cause there is no incentive for them to sabotage each other. faculty are helpful to a fault and care too much, sorta wished they would leave us alone to study but there is no shortage of assistance.

i think the networking piece falls on you. you have to make the effort to make that happen. there is talk of increasing collaboration with hartford health, but unknown how that impacts residencies. there is a rural FM residency starting soon, but it's only a few spots.

what's the housing/commuting situation like and does that impact the class community at all? thanks!
again, it's on you. theres plenty of places to live nearby in all different settings. lots of folks live in trendy parts of new haven and party to their hearts content. other folks live near campus and still have friends. be prepared to drive 30 min to get anywhere no matter where you live.

open file
this year interviewers only see your essays/activities? def no mcat and no grades, i think no transcripts. pretty sure they dont see all the demographic stuff in amcas either. that may vary between regular interviewers and adcom members who interview. doesnt really matter that much. see below
i dont know how much of my application they saw, but i have retaken the mcat and they didnt mention it during my interview! they were super kind and seemed to want to get to know me as a person and learn about my interests rather than just my academic background
in my limited experience, hOLisTiC review is more than a buzzword here. i think the institution has a culture that is open to reinventors, career changers, and people who have had life happen to them when they were busy making premed plans. just relax and tell your story.

For those who uploaded an update to the portal - did you get email confirmation afterwards? I didn't and was just curious. Thank you!

For those who uploaded an update to the portal - did you get email confirmation afterwards? I didn't and was just curious. Thank you!
I did not get an email confirmation when I sent my update. However, your update should pop up under "Existing Documents" in the "Additional Information" tab

Hello all! I hope everyone’s 2023 is going well! I have had radio silence since I was app complete on 8/27 and I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat/had any more info.

I interviewed on 9/28 and still haven't heard back. Do I reach out to them to see if there is an update? 8 week estimate was slightly off lmao.

Interviewed 9/16 got under review decision back in November. Do candidates who are "under review" hear back as decisions come out or is it basically a WL and only hear back in April/May/June

Last edited:
Interviewed 9/16 got under review decision back in November. Will "under review" hear back ask decisions comet or is it a WL and only hear back in April/May/June
I think you could email and ask since the wording is a bit vague, adcom were nice and quick to respond to my email

Interviewed 9/16 got under review decision back in November. Do candidates who are "under review" hear back as decisions come out or is it basically a WL and only hear back in April/May/June

I'm just spit balling here but their website states that their process after interviews is based on a voting process by the committee. You need 2/3rds vote majority on "Accept", "Deny", or "Waitlist" to receive a decision, otherwise they re-vote the next month (or whatever the frequency is). If they do not reach a majority, they essentially re-vote until they do.

You may not be getting a majority vote? Or maybe "under review" is essentially a waitlist vote? Not sure.

Reactions: 4 users
If we interviewed in the beginning of November do you think we could expect to hear back this month? Or have most October people not heard back yet?
If we're going by the 8-week rule, you should hear back this month yea. Last month there were acceptances on Dec 14, so I'd imagine a similar communication will go out in a few days assuming they work on the same monthly schedule.

If you don't hear back, they haven't made a decision on your application (didn't get majority vote).

Any December interviewers doing an update letter or is it too soon?

Any December interviewers doing an update letter or is it too soon?
I feel like it is too soon. Trying to relax and breathe and not check my email so often. It's tough but I think if I don't hear back by the end of this month, then I might.

• Care
A in email
interviewed oct 3

• Love