You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
porkrollegg&cheese
New Member
withdrew my A good luck!
D
deleted1130343
My interviewer talked the entire time so I really didn’t have to say anything at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL movement usually doesn't happen until May because that's when students with multiple A's have to commit to one of their acceptances.has anyone who was placed on the waitlist/priority waitlist been removed and accepted yet?
Was he an older retired doctor, if so what was his name I've been trying to find his email to send him a thank you note for a long time now.My interviewer talked the entire time so I really didn’t have to say anything at all.
D
deleted1130343
Loool I love how we all had him. Dm me!Was he an older retired doctor, if so what was his name I've been trying to find his email to send him a thank you note for a long time now.
throwaway198773
Full Member
Does anyone know the suggested dress code for meet the dean's? Interview attire?
Yes, from what I could see on zoom, everyone at my session was dressed in interview attire.Does anyone know the suggested dress code for meet the dean's? Interview attire?
D
deleted1130343
Chill. A lot of people that interviewed in the fall/early winter haven’t even heard back at all yet. I’m sure their class isn’t full. Just do the best you can.Received an II last monday. anyone know if NJMS is interviewing for waitlist spots now or to fill their class since its so late in the cycle?
For what it's worth, I was looking through threads from past years, and there were a few people who interviewed in February/March who got accepted! So definitely give it your best shot!Received an II last monday. anyone know if NJMS is interviewing for waitlist spots now or to fill their class since its so late in the cycle?
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Have any A’s been going out lately or are they just waiting to send out decisions all at once
D
deleted1130343
Hoping they’re saving them up to call all at once. Was told I’d hear back by early to mid Feb during my first week of Jan interview 🤷♀️ nothing reported on cycletrack eitherHave any A’s been going out lately or are they just waiting to send out decisions all at once
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Hoping they’re saving them up to call all at once. Was told I’d hear back by early to mid Feb during my first week of Jan interview [emoji2368] nothing reported on cycletrack either
I interviewed early Jan too and they said the same to me so I guess it’s just a matter of time now [emoji3063]
determined_premed
New Member
I interviewed mid December and was told I'd hear back around mid January. Holding out hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Samantha Johnkins
New Member
is a late interview basically an interview for the wait list?
bleach_stained_574s
Full Member
read a couple of posts above. I dont think they interview like that. apparently there's many people who haven't heard back yet despite interviewing back in November/December.is a late interview basically an interview for the wait list?
Thoughts on NJMS vs. RWJ?
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Has any admitted IS received a merit scholarship? If so how soon after your offer. Thanks
Interviewed 1/24 and very anxiously awaiting results. Hoping to hear back in the next week or two but it’s driving me crazy!
Also just tried to log into my portal and it seems to be down…
D
deleted1130343
Did they say during your interview when you’d hear back? I was told mid feb 🤷♀️ still nothingInterviewed 1/24 and very anxiously awaiting results. Hoping to hear back in the next week or two but it’s driving me crazy!
Did they say during your interview when you’d hear back? I was told mid feb [emoji2368] still nothing
I called to ask on 2/25ish and they told me to give it another 2-3 weeks. Is your portal down? Mine JS and it’s making me worried!!
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Did they say during your interview when you’d hear back? I was told mid feb [emoji2368] still nothing
I interviewed on 1/10 and my interviewer said 2-3 weeks lol, but yeah seems like March is a popular time for decisions to come out
D
deleted1130343
Yes mine is down, but Dr Heinrich told us that the portal won’t reflect acceptances until you get called.I called to ask on 2/25ish and they told me to give it another 2-3 weeks. Is your portal down? Mine JS and it’s making me worried!!
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Does Dr. Heinrich only call with acceptances on Sundays or can it be any day
Looks as though people have received calls on all different days of the week earlier in this threadDoes Dr. Heinrich only call with acceptances on Sundays or can it be any day
Every time I get a no-caller ID call I panic until I pick up and it's my ex...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130343
Manifesting a call tonight
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
Any hope of any II still going out? I sent a LOI few weeks ago... have been complete since summertime.
No they don't (at least I wasn't provided with interviewer info). Good luck!Do they let you know who your interviewer is ahead of time? I didn't see any information in my II email or on the portal
No but i was able to see the name of my interviewer when I logged onto zoom 10 minutes before my interview so I did some quick googling beforehand.Do they let you know who your interviewer is ahead of time? I didn't see any information in my II email or on the portal
Thank you! Did they ask any unexpected or difficult questions? Im worried about being asked about healthcare reform/policy lolNo they don't (at least I wasn't provided with interviewer info). Good luck!
Thanks! How was your interview? Did they ask any unexpected or difficult questions?No but i was able to see the name of my interviewer when I logged onto zoom 10 minutes before my interview so I did some quick googling beforehand.
My interviewer asked me personal questions about my background, specific questions about work and activities, and then a few general questions (why medicine, why NJMS, etc). It lasted ~45 mins. I didn't get any policy questions or ethical questions, but it may depend on the type of interviewer. Good luck!Thank you! Did they ask any unexpected or difficult questions? Im worried about being asked about healthcare reform/policy lol
D
deleted1144479
My interview was very conversational and my interviewer had clearly put a lot of time into reading my application and getting to know me through thoughtful questions. Nothing structured or any gotcha questions as mentioned above. I've been fortunate enough to have several interviews this cycle and this was my favorite by far (but that might just be because of who I got as an interviewer). Best of luck
D
deleted1130343
My interviewer asked me a few clarification questions about my application that he had noted before the interview and then the usual why medicine why us what specialty questions. He asked whether I’d gotten accepted elsewhere and when I said yes he just spent the rest of the interview chatting about what med school and residency are like.
first two years are P/F but still graded and ranked, so top 10% of students can apply to be part of AOA (honors society). Rotations are P/F with a "high pass"Does anyone know what the grading scale is like for the first 2 years for NJMS? I have been trying to look online but I keep getting mixed answers
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
first two years are P/F but still graded and ranked, so top 10% of students can apply to be part of AOA (honors society). Rotations are P/F with a "high pass"
I heard they were taking away the ranking starting next year
Wait really? I heard (according to the students at the panel) that they still have a quintile grading systemI heard they were taking away the ranking starting next year
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Wait really? I heard (according to the students at the panel) that they still have a quintile grading system
The student panel at my session said that a lot of students weren’t happy with the ranking system bc it created hostility so administration was changing it for the following year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDrMrsStyles
Full Member
is preclinical true P/F? i thought it was high pass/pass/etc. like rotationsfirst two years are P/F but still graded and ranked, so top 10% of students can apply to be part of AOA (honors society). Rotations are P/F with a "high pass"
from what I know from previous students it's P/F! but I could be definitely (and probably am) wrong they could be changing it for future classesis preclinical true P/F? i thought it was high pass/pass/etc. like rotations
Last edited:
I got the Rutgers SGS email today - looks like I'm gonna be put on the waitlist 🙁
I got the Rutgers SGS email today - looks like I'm gonna be put on the waitlist 🙁
I really hope that’s not how it works because I got the email too…
I don’t think there is any correlation. I got that email yesterday and 4 other times throughout the cycle even after receiving IIs from RWJ and NJMS.I got the Rutgers SGS email today - looks like I'm gonna be put on the waitlist 🙁