2022-2023 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @Health Policy Nerd for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Saint Louis University Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. Do you wish to include any comments to the Saint Louis University (SLU) School of Medicine Admissions Committee (e.g. why you chose to apply to SLU, other extenuating circumstances, etc.)? (1000 characters)

2. Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition. (1000 characters)

MD/PhD additional question:
Relate your current thinking about the type and scope of clinical career that you seek. Remember that most applicants cannot identify at this point the specific medical disciplines they might choose for residency programs. However, you may have preliminary ideas about your relative interest in direct patient care vs. consultative service, translational vs. basic research, academic medical center vs. corporate, etc. (max 3,000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Saint Louis University School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you wish to include any comments to the Saint Louis University (SLU) School of Medicine Admissions Committee (e.g. why you chose to apply to SLU, other extenuating circumstances, etc.)? (1000 characters)

Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition. (1000 characters)

MD/PhD:
Relate your current thinking about the type and scope of clinical career that you seek. Remember that most applicants cannot identify at this point the specific medical disciplines they might choose for residency programs. However, you may have preliminary ideas about your relative interest in direct patient care vs. consultative service, translational vs. basic research, academic medical center vs. corporate, etc. (max 3,000 characters)
@wysdoc

Reactions: 1 users
Their portal document upload says to attach any abstracts- what is this referring to? Can anyone clarify this for me, is it for later in the cycle?

Their portal document upload says to attach any abstracts- what is this referring to? Can anyone clarify this for me, is it for later in the cycle?
I would assume this is refers to research abstracts

Are y'all planning to write the optional additional comments essay and COVID essay? I've been told not to bother with optional essays like that most of the time.

Does anyone know what's the best way to contact their admissions office? Is it through their portal (i.e., clicking reply to this thread in Communication Status) or by sending an actual email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if SLU will start reviewing applications before they receive PREview scores?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if SLU will start reviewing applications before they receive PREview scores?
Got my question answered after submitting my secondary today lol, yes they will!

"Please note that in addition to a complete application, you are required to take the AAMC PREview Professional Readiness Exam. You will be fully evaluated and considered for interview without the score, but we will not distribute any admission decisions to applicants without a PREview score in place from 2021 or 2022."

Does anyone know what's the best way to contact their admissions office? Is it through their portal (i.e., clicking reply to this thread in Communication Status) or by sending an actual email?
I've never used the portal so idk, but I've always gotten relatively quick responses through email!

Can I use the first prompt to discuss why SLU and the impacts of COVID-19?

Last edited:
Describe "briefly" any experiences or/skills.....

Does it mean to give one example? or can we give a couple of skills and experiences?

Reactions: 2 users
Is it worth it to apply here if I can't take the Preview until September? Looks like my score would be released in October and that sounds like a very late app.

I wonder how many people will avoid applying to SLU now that they require the PREview. I know at least 3 people who aren't completing the secondary just because SLU is one of the only schools that requires the PREview.

Is it worth it to apply here if I can't take the Preview until September? Looks like my score would be released in October and that sounds like a very late app.
In the secondary, they ask you when your anticipated PREview exam date is. If you have the $ and you seem reasonably competitive for SLU, I say just apply. Take with this with a grain of salt, tho. I am NOT an expert, just an applicant.

Just scored ~60th percentile on PREview . Does anyone know how heavily SLU is considering this? My other stats are fine and I am IS.

Has anyone received an interview invite from SLU yet? I completed my secondary on 06/29, but since then, I have not heard anything. TIA!

Has anyone received an interview invite from SLU yet? I completed my secondary on 06/29, but since then, I have not heard anything. TIA!
same and I have not heard anything

Last year they didn’t start until late August

Does anyone know if you can still get an interview if your preview isn't complete? I had tech difficulties during mine and haven't rescheduled yet so I'm worried they won't even review my app until its done

Does anyone know if you can still get an interview if your preview isn't complete? I had tech difficulties during mine and haven't rescheduled yet so I'm worried they won't even review my app until its done
They’ll interview you before your PREview is complete but they won’t make a final admissions decision until after it is received.

Did anyone else get an email today inviting you to apply here?

I did apply here

• Haha
Has anyone heard anything from SLU yet? It’s been crickets on my end

Reactions: 2 users
I’m guessing next week. Last year they started giving IIs out on the 23rd so they must be behind this year

Hey all, what acronym did you use for the school? Is SLU or SLU SOM better (leaning towards the former since it takes up less space)

Hey everyone, good luck with the applications! I'm a current M1 here if you need to ask any questions :)

Another day without a SLU II
smoge.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
just sent my primary here a few days ago - how long did it take to get the secondary invitation?