You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Saint Louis University
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think it's a hold. I don't think it is anything other than them just being nicer than other schools and saying we have your application and we promise we will let you know something, we just don't want to leave you in silence.
Yeah I was just relieved it wasn’t a rejection lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
F1andHopeful
Full Member
Does SLU send out pre-ii rejections?
+1, complete 7/26complete 7/24. received the courtesy application update email today
+1, they mentioned letter of interests in the email... Do you guys think its worth to send one prior to receiving an actual II from them?complete 7/24. received the courtesy application update email today
I was wondering the same thing. Would a letter of interest, including the completion of projected hours, be worth sending? I love SLU and want to show interest+1, they mentioned letter of interests in the email... Do you guys think its worth to send one prior to receiving an actual II from them?
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Anyone else have a really short interview?
I had the opposite, my faculty interview was over an hour. I felt like it was mainly positive but I, of course, overthink if this was a good or bad sign. I feel like short is positive because it meant they didn’t have a lot of questions regarding your application. As in you had a crystal clear application.Anyone else have a really short interview?
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Interesting. My faculty interview was <20 minutes. Not complaining but not sure what to think of it really. Anyhow, good luck to you!I had the opposite, my faculty interview was over an hour. I felt like it was mainly positive but I, of course, overthink if this was a good or bad sign. I feel like short is positive because it meant they didn’t have a lot of questions regarding your application. As in you had a crystal clear application.
I wasn’t able to last night for a while, but it came back up after like an hourIs anyone else not able to access their portal?
SnailPo
Full Member
I just interviewed yesterday, but they did mention 4-6 weeks for us, so it’s probably the same for y’all.Does anyone that interviewed on Sept 19th (or around then) remember when they said they’d get back to us about decisions? I thought I heard 4-6 weeks from then, but maybe I’m imagining things.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
I got a 9 and interviewed here last year, so it hasn't helped meAnyone have any idea how big a deal PREview is? I big time bombed that one..
D
deleted760686
Just wanna mention that my friend got accepted 10/17 here. It's interesting seeing no one else did
Yo what?? That’s awesome. When did they interview?Just wanna mention that my friend got accepted 10/17 here. It's interesting seeing no one else did
D
deleted760686
Mid september!Yo what?? That’s awesome. When did they interview?
Shoooot, like Sept. 19th? That’s the day I interviewed. Are they IS or OOS? 😂Mid september!
D
deleted760686
It was around then. He's OOS but also really competitive, so it's just possible they gave him an early A before most othersShoooot, like Sept. 19th? That’s the day I interviewed. Are they IS or OOS? 😂
Nope :/So has anyone heard back post II besides this guy?
Both the faculty and student (if you have one) interviews were very relaxed! The faculty interviewer had reviewed my file well and mostly just asked me to expand on my experiences and it went the full hour. Know your app well and the culture of the school, you'll do great!Any advice for the interview? Read over the other info on SDN just curious about advice from this application season
hec0201
Full Member
Both the faculty and student (if you have one) interviews were very relaxed! The faculty interviewer had reviewed my file well and mostly just asked me to expand on my experiences and it went the full hour. Know your app well and the culture of the school, you'll do great!
Okay perfect, thank you so much!!
MCAT_IS_ROUGH
Full Member
Second that. Student interview was more like MMI. for faculty interview they really read into your files (the person I interviewed with even mentioned my parents' occupation). so be prepared to explain and discuss anything in your app. Also they have a huge focus on service so be ready for thatOkay perfect, thank you so much!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there still a lot of interviews remaining to be offered? The page is kind of quiet, but we're in November already. I submitted end of July.
+1
I am not speaking with certainty but they said they interview through February. So they likely have been through half of the interviews so far; maybe slightly more since the holiday season is coming up. I'd guess they've interviewed 60%. Again, this is pure speculation.
skrimpy
Full Member
+1!!!Just got the A over email!! Interviewed 9/27
F1andHopeful
Full Member
When did you interview?Waitlisted. 78.8 LM, 85 WARS
9/19When did you interview?
premedbakery
Full Member
+1 9/19 interview day as wellWaitlisted. 78.8 LM, 85 WARS
For those who interviewed, when did you have to submit the pre-interview update document? Is there a specific deadline (like 5 days beforehand) or is it just anytime before the interview?
grapesodaby
New Member
I got acceptance email at 10:07am today!
OOS, submitted secondary 08/07, II 09/02, and Interview date 09/26!
(i hope the dates help lol)
OOS, submitted secondary 08/07, II 09/02, and Interview date 09/26!
(i hope the dates help lol)
alittle_stitious
New Member
Interviewed here February last year (invite sent in January for people still waiting for II this year) was put on the alternate list until the day classes began.
Reapplicant and interviewed again 9/26, received my alternate list update ~11:30am EST
Devastated does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling...
Reapplicant and interviewed again 9/26, received my alternate list update ~11:30am EST
Devastated does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling...
Man I've got offers from DO schools wanting deposits in December, if I don't here from SLU soon idk if I'd even bother interviewing if they offered it, which would be a shame since I got waitlisted last year.
I can’t even fathom what you are going through. If I can extend some optimism, look at how early you got an interview compared to last year! I know this process is brutal and it is crushing to face this twice in a row, but clearly you have made some serious growth as a person and in your application. While stinging, I have a feeling there’s an A for you somewhere within this cycle. Keep updating this school, emphasize what you have done as a reapplicant to grow as a person. It is not over until it is over.Interviewed here February last year (invite sent in January for people still waiting for II this year) was put on the alternate list until the day classes began.
Reapplicant and interviewed again 9/26, received my alternate list update ~11:30am EST
Devastated does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling...
My naive advice- wow them with your resilience. If you have time, spearhead a new volunteering project to take your mind off of the toxicity of the cycle, put your goals into perspective, and have a meaningful narrative in an update for the school. And lastly, be extremely proud of yourself.
SnailPo
Full Member
It wasn’t specified so probably any time, but I think up to 24 hours before would be a good guidelineFor those who interviewed, when did you have to submit the pre-interview update document? Is there a specific deadline (like 5 days beforehand) or is it just anytime before the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yesIs anyone else's portal down?
During my interview, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back about a decision and I heard back near the end of week 6. Got that phat waittlisssssttt lolllDoes SLU usually do weekly decision releases? Monthly? Random?