You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi, I have some questions about the interview format that wasn't clear to me on the resources page, not sure if anyone knows the answer:
- Can we take notes (sounds like they do encourage note-taking in their "Overview of MMI" video)?
- In Kira talent, are we going to be speaking to a real person (who will give us follow-up questions), or is it just a recorded response?
- Can we take notes (sounds like they do encourage note-taking in their "Overview of MMI" video)?
- In Kira talent, are we going to be speaking to a real person (who will give us follow-up questions), or is it just a recorded response?
snowman888
Full Member
They were pretty stern about emphasizing no notes during the actual interview itself, but you're fine to write things down during info sessions and presentations. In Kira, all your stations are with a real live person. Let me know if you have any other questions!Hi, I have some questions about the interview format that wasn't clear to me on the resources page, not sure if anyone knows the answer:
- Can we take notes (sounds like they do encourage note-taking in their "Overview of MMI" video)?
- In Kira talent, are we going to be speaking to a real person (who will give us follow-up questions), or is it just a recorded response?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meaning you can't take notes during the 2 mins?They were pretty stern about emphasizing no notes during the actual interview itself, but you're fine to write things down during info sessions and presentations. In Kira, all your stations are with a real live person. Let me know if you have any other questions!
snowman888
Full Member
Correct. However, the prompt is displayed even when you're talking to the interviewer.Meaning you can't take notes during the 2 mins?
D
deleted1077590
I got an email from my schools KH scholarship representative encouraging me to apply and said that she could also serve as an additional letter of endorsement. Is this standard for everyone who applied to stanford or should I actually consider applying? I haven't got an interview from here so feels like it could be a waste of time and money
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take— Baby YodaI got an email from my schools KH scholarship representative encouraging me to apply and said that she could also serve as an additional letter of endorsement. Is this standard for everyone who applied to stanford or should I actually consider applying? I haven't got an interview from here so feels like it could be a waste of time and money
D
deleted1077590
youre so right, but just the thought of more essays makes me die inside a little thoYou miss 100% of the shots you don’t take— Baby Yoda
does anyone know if we are allowed to submit a "Still in press" publication for the post-interview update? It's been peer-reviewed, accepted and is just awaiting processing by the press. How would you submit an ORCID id for that?
If you're talking about that a paper that has gone from submitted to accepted since you submitted the secondary, I'd say go for it. It may be smarter to send a single update letter with multiple updates integrated, but that's really up to you and dependent on the specifics of your situation.does anyone know if we are allowed to submit a "Still in press" publication for the post-interview update? It's been peer-reviewed, accepted and is just awaiting processing by the press. How would you submit an ORCID id for that?
In terms of ORCID, the ORCID ID is used as a unique identifier for each researcher and helps keep track of peer-reviewed publications (e.g., you can add papers to your ORCID profile, or they may be added automatically). ORCID IDs are assigned to individual researchers and not works (e.g., papers and presentations), so I'm not sure what you mean by that last question. If you end up submitting an update about this accepted work I would recommend including the full citation and preprint DOI (if applicable).
D
deleted1135362
What interview dates were the earliest for people who got II's early on? I got an II today but the earliest date is December 2, which seems really far out.
Got an II today, earliest date available was third week of October
D
deleted1135362
Damn, they must be spacing them out a lot. Anyone else only see December and January dates?lmao i got an ii back in august and my
first available date was third week of oct 💀💀
splovescandles
Full Member
II today!!! Super excited and shocked. I saw dates in mid Nov.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today, complete mid September. I only had January dates available. That seems bad in a way, but I'll take it.
youprobablyknowwho
Full Member
I also got an II today with the earliest option in January 🙁
AggravatingToe
Full Member
At least you got IIs
youprobablyknowwho
Full Member
I’m curious whether they tier applicants and we are interviewing more for like leftover spots/the waitlist
I would also guess they don’t do many if any thanksgiving-Jan 1 so maybe they’re not too far into the pile. ( at least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself)I’m curious whether they tier applicants and we are interviewing more for like leftover spots/the waitlist
Thanks! I don't think my paper has a pre-print DOI yet. Is it ok to upload it on my ORCID profile and say that it was accepted?If you're talking about that a paper that has gone from submitted to accepted since you submitted the secondary, I'd say go for it. It may be smarter to send a single update letter with multiple updates integrated, but that's really up to you and dependent on the specifics of your situation.
In terms of ORCID, the ORCID ID is used as a unique identifier for each researcher and helps keep track of peer-reviewed publications (e.g., you can add papers to your ORCID profile, or they may be added automatically). ORCID IDs are assigned to individual researchers and not works (e.g., papers and presentations), so I'm not sure what you mean by that last question. If you end up submitting an update about this accepted work I would recommend including the full citation and preprint DOI (if applicable).
Which I'm excited for, but as premeds, being neurotic is basically a requirement.At least you got IIs
Was wondering this too. Doubt they interview people "for the waitlist" though.I’m curious whether they tier applicants and we are interviewing more for like leftover spots/the waitlist
It sounds like you want your update letter to read something like this:Thanks! I don't think my paper has a pre-print DOI yet. Is it ok to upload it on my ORCID profile and say that it was accepted?
While the above is fine, it may be easier to go for something like this so that the admissions people can see all the details in one place rather than needing to go to your ORCID profile and look for the new paper (I don't think it's that important to have the ORCID ID in your update letter unless you already have a publication record but neglected to put it in your secondary):A paper I coauthored has been accepted by journal X. For more information, please visit my ORCID profile at [insert ORCID profile link].
The information that is provided on an ORCID profile is pretty much the same as a full citation, so the second example I give will make things easier for the admissions people.A paper I coauthored was accepted by journal X:
[insert full citation]
Thank you so much! This helps!It sounds like you want your update letter to read something like this:
While the above is fine, it may be easier to go for something like this so that the admissions people can see all the details in one place rather than needing to go to your ORCID profile and look for the new paper (I don't think it's that important to have the ORCID ID in your update letter unless you already have a publication record but neglected to put it in your secondary):
The information that is provided on an ORCID profile is pretty much the same as a full citation, so the second example I give will make things easier for the admissions people.
themagictaco
Full Member
Pstp interview just now aaaahgghh IS
D
deleted1139316
II for the PSTP program! Complete 7/6. Canadian.
D
deleted910026
Pstp just in! Completed 7/12. Today is the day that the Lord has made !
themagictaco
Full Member
Thank u bestyayo?? congrats 🙂
kimcheegirl101
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?Pstp interview just now aaaahgghh IS
themagictaco
Full Member
Thanks, 7/7!Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else interviewing today just waiting for the meeting to start?
Did the same thing , I was pretty sure you could apply after MD matriculation ? Uh oh..Wow I was wondering why people were saying "PSTP II" and realized I wrote about the PSTP but just applied as normal MD because I thought PSTP was something you can just do later. I even wrote about PSTP in my "why discovery curriculum" secondary and just noticed it was a selection on the actual secondary, Jesus what a clown I am. Didn't prewrite at all so secondary season was rough but pretty sad this was the one I totally blundered on. Well at least I can stop stressing about here 🙁.
My first II! I'm so grateful. OOS, complete 9/5. LM 80. 37 year old nontrad with a *very* strange background (BA in Theatre, MBA...just a generally eclectic human).
D
deleted1139705
Congrats dude. You sound like a really unique individual. Good luck!My first II! I'm so grateful. OOS, complete 9/5. LM 80. 37 year old nontrad with a *very* strange background (BA in Theatre, MBA...just a generally eclectic human).
You sound like exactly the type of person I would want as part of my medical school class. Congrats, and best of luck!My first II! I'm so grateful. OOS, complete 9/5. LM 80. 37 year old nontrad with a *very* strange background (BA in Theatre, MBA...just a generally eclectic human).
Thanks so much! Sometimes the uniqueness is a plus and sometimes it isn't (largely b/c I don't have as many hours in the typical premed categories as I would otherwise...no science research, started clinical experience later, that sort of thing), so I'm genuinely so grateful they took the time to actually holistically review. Thanks again 🙂Congrats dude. You sound like a really unique individual. Good luck!
Thank you!! I like to think I make schools/workplaces more entertaining, if nothing else. I'm always a heavy hitter in Halloween costume contests. Plus I can talk to patients well after 8,000 years in the business world. 🙂You sound like exactly the type of person I would want as part of my medical school class. Congrats, and best of luck!
D
deleted910026
For ya applying to PSTP, I took one for the team and asked them. The email to schedule PSTP interview will be out next week. Good luck to us 😀
edit: The MD and PSTP interviews are separate. I received the PSTP II but I am only scheduled for MD only, they will send out info about scheduling PSTP interview next week. Sorry for the confusion
edit: The MD and PSTP interviews are separate. I received the PSTP II but I am only scheduled for MD only, they will send out info about scheduling PSTP interview next week. Sorry for the confusion
Last edited by a moderator:
kimcheegirl101
Full Member
Wait, all PSTP interview invites will be released next week?For ya applying to PSTP, I took one for the team and asked them. The email to schedule PSTP interview will be out next week. Good luck to us 😀
Have no pstp interviews been given out yet?For ya applying to PSTP, I took one for the team and asked them. The email to schedule PSTP interview will be out next week. Good luck to us 😀
I think there are some people in this forum who already received PSTP II? But I'm not entirely sure if they're talking about MD-PhD or the PSTP path specifically.Have no pstp interviews been given out yet?
You can keep track on this thread about MD/PhD interview invitations: ***2022-2023 MD/PhD Interview Invites***Have no pstp interviews been given out yet?
Wait could you also provide a tracker for II's this year? I've been trying to find a google sheets for this cycle but I can't find it.You can keep track on this thread about MD/PhD interview invitations: ***2022-2023 MD/PhD Interview Invites***
I don't have that, just referring @markandey to MD/PhD since they asked.Wait could you also provide a tracker for II's this year? I've been trying to find a google sheets for this cycle but I can't find it.
If I am not mistaken, pstp is not the same as md/phd. It's just a 5 year research intensive md.You can keep track on this thread about MD/PhD interview invitations: ***2022-2023 MD/PhD Interview Invites***
Physician-Scientist (PSTP)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139316
Anyone who's done the MMI willing to share how they felt about it? Was it stressful or more conversational? This is my first MMI and I have no idea what to expect!
Does Stanford do pre-II Rs?
Friend1017
Full Member
No need to be stressed. Just prepare to think on your feet about reasonable scenarios you can expect to encounter in school, medicine and real life. Good luck!Anyone who's done the MMI willing to share how they felt about it? Was it stressful or more conversational? This is my first MMI and I have no idea what to expect!
pugsygirl17
Full Member
They started handing out pre-II R's around this time last year, so I imagine we'll hear of some soonDoes Stanford do pre-II Rs?
I haven't received any email about scheduling my PSTP interview yet. Should I be concerned? Just got a II invite to PSTP last week (scheduled for MD only so far)For ya applying to PSTP, I took one for the team and asked them. The email to schedule PSTP interview will be out next week. Good luck to us 😀
edit: The MD and PSTP interviews are separate. I received the PSTP II but I am only scheduled for MD only, they will send out info about scheduling PSTP interview next week. Sorry for the confusion