You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
notsurewho
Full Member
you're jinxing it...Submitted 7/21.
Marked safe during the SDN slaughter of November 1st.
D
deleted1139705
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1148392
+1 R sad
D
deleted1141024
My partner got an II here yesterday. She was able to schedule for first week of December.
D
deleted1139705
Yesterday someone said the earliest was the last week of January. WeirdMy partner got an II here yesterday. She was able to schedule for first week of December.
D
deleted1141024
She scheduled it last night so idk what happened maybe a glitch on their end.Yesterday someone said the earliest was the last week of January. Weird
You apply there as well?My partner got an II here yesterday. She was able to schedule for first week of December.
I’ll join the parrrtaaaay. Pre-II R. Long shot with my MCAT anway. Holistic evaluation my a$$.
D
deleted1141024
Yes, so far silence which I think is a good thing given today's R wave 😨You apply there as well?
D
deleted1139705
I applied to KH scholars. If you did, it could be that our rejections run a little later.Any idea why they'd not reject July applicants with no II at this point? I scoured last year's threads and everyone who didn't get an R in the first massive wave just got one later though.
Or maybe we’re on the “maybe” pile. Like they’ll consider us if they’re drunk and lonely.
I was also a longshot. Figured why not!I’ll join the parrrtaaaay. Pre-II R. Long shot with my MCAT anway. Holistic evaluation my a$$.
Agreed!Yes, so far silence which I think is a good thing given today's R wave 😨
D
deleted1144871
You're still in the maybe pile. Probably waiting on more information to decide your fate aka the next few interview days to wrap up and see how many seats in the class are leftAny idea why they'd not reject July applicants with no II at this point? I scoured last year's threads and everyone who didn't get an R in the first massive wave just got one later though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do I silence Stanford notifications lol
D
deleted1144871
Unwatch this thread. Should be top right of the page if you scroll all the way up.How do I silence Stanford notifications lol
yep. You could also select "watch" without getting email notificationsUnwatch this thread. Should be top right of the page if you scroll all the way up.
man it's been completely silent for me from more than half the schools I applied too...no news is good news for now ig?Pre-II R today, complete 8/6. AMCAS deadline must have been yesterday because the R's have been flooding my inbox today, haha!
Would anyone who received an R today mind letting me know if they applied PSTP? I'm thinking that the streams are separate and our R wave is yet to come...
FWIW I survived and was complete in late July/applied MD-only, so I don't think it's uniquely program-specific (PSTP/KH/else) applicants that survived solely based on what programs they applied to. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe, from my perspective, that I'm in a "maybe" pile while so many empirically excellent candidates received rejections, to the point where I would accept that my file has not even been reviewed yet as a more likely explanation. Best believe, though, I will be coasting off some of y'alls optimism until the inevitable.
(TL;DR if "maybe", then where II?)
(TL;DR if "maybe", then where II?)
I was complete early AugustI applied PSTP too. I was complete 8/28. Haven’t received the R yet. When were you complete?
D
deleted1141024
This whole process is a crap shoot lol I wouldn't overanalyze it. You're in the running until you aren'tFWIW I survived and was complete in late July/applied MD-only, so I don't think it's uniquely program-specific (PSTP/KH/else) applicants that survived solely based on what programs they applied to. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe, from my perspective, that I'm in a "maybe" pile while so many empirically excellent candidates received rejections, to the point where I would accept that my file has not even been reviewed yet as a more likely explanation. Best believe, though, I will be coasting off some of y'alls optimism until the inevitable.
(TL;DR if "maybe", then where II?)
I applied mostly MD/PhD - analyzing minutiae is my life :')This whole process is a crap shoot lol I wouldn't overanalyze it. You're in the running until you aren't
I do agree, though. Just figured to provide a data point since there was discussion of maybe this program or that
D
deleted1139705
Mate who knows but I’m sure you’re underselling yourself. I’m treating it like an application hold.FWIW I survived and was complete in late July/applied MD-only, so I don't think it's uniquely program-specific (PSTP/KH/else) applicants that survived solely based on what programs they applied to. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe, from my perspective, that I'm in a "maybe" pile while so many empirically excellent candidates received rejections, to the point where I would accept that my file has not even been reviewed yet as a more likely explanation. Best believe, though, I will be coasting off some of y'alls optimism until the inevitable.
(TL;DR if "maybe", then where II?)
D
deleted1077590
dang this one stung. Best of luck to the rest of yall who survived this culling!
Also Pre-II R, IS, LM 81
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happycroissant
Full Member
Same for me. Pre-II R today around 12 pm PST. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back!
alexhart99
Full Member
Hi everyone, I am added to the list of Pre-II R today. Canadian applicant from Toronto, completed 07/19.
overall GPA: 3.98 MCAT: 515
Great employment & volunteering experience + ECs. Although, no research. Sad to see this one slip out of my grasp but it was a reach either way.
Best of luck to all the great applicants out there getting rejected, you WILL get in somewhere 😀
overall GPA: 3.98 MCAT: 515
Great employment & volunteering experience + ECs. Although, no research. Sad to see this one slip out of my grasp but it was a reach either way.
Best of luck to all the great applicants out there getting rejected, you WILL get in somewhere 😀
Pre-II R, complete 7/23.
Pre-II R. Complete 9/16. GPA 3.69. MCAT 517.
I feel a sense of comfort that we all experienced it together.
I feel a sense of comfort that we all experienced it together.
D
deleted1144871
The KH scholars application review only happens after the MD application is finished and if you are accepted. They said this in the KH scholars info session. So it doesn't impact your MD app at all.I applied to KH scholars. If you did, it could be that our rejections run a little later.
+1Pre-II R. Complete 9/16. GPA 3.69. MCAT 517.
I feel a sense of comfort that we all experienced it together.
Does anyone know if stanford takes update letter for pre II? I see the email button on the portal but not sure if I can send update there
BigFyoochurHendy
Full Member
on their how to apply page it says that updates to an application are only accepted after an applicant has been invited to interviewDoes anyone know if stanford takes update letter for pre II? I see the email button on the portal but not sure if I can send update there
D
deleted1139705
From previous years it seems like about three or four. Probably another one in December, one in late January, and finally February.This is my first time applying to Stanford and how many waves of pre-II rejections do they usually send?
Thank you!!! It's odd because last year on the forum I only saw October 18 and sometime in mid January as the dates where people reported pre-II R.From previous years it seems like about three or four. Probably another one in December, one in late January, and finally February.
Submitted late July. Interviewed in October and decisions will be out in Spring if I remembered right.I haven't heard anything but I don't wanna jinx myself....
ttaroundtheworld
Full Member
Applied for MSTP and got an email notifying me that my application will be routed to Medical School for MD program consideration. So yes, my first Pre-II R 🥲
Last edited:
D
deleted1147484
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone who applied for PSTP heard anything (II/R) in a while?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pi_grl
Full Member
Sorry, this is a silly question, but do all pre-II MSTP rejections lead to an email notification for consideration at the MD program?
I received an email that stated I got the R and in the second paragraph it said my app was automatically routed to the MD only program.
ttaroundtheworld
Full Member
+1I received an email that stated I got the R and in the second paragraph it said my app was automatically routed to the MD only program.
kimcheegirl101
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?I got PSTP II back on 10/21 for the MD Portion, haven’t heard anything for PSTP portion yet. Looking back through the thread it appears there haven’t been any others since around that time.
I got a II PSTP around that time too, and I also haven't heard...glad to know I'm not the only one!I got PSTP II back on 10/21 for the MD Portion, haven’t heard anything for PSTP portion yet. Looking back through the thread it appears there haven’t been any others since around that time.
SeriouslyDelirious
Full Member
Hi guys! Anyone know stanford's policy on letters of interest post-II? Is it only significant updates within 2 weeks, or are letters of interest accepted?