-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1140792
the jokes in this thread are the only thing keeping me going
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😭😭😭😭😭View attachment 366666
How it feels trying to get through each day w no decision
maybe we should wait until later next week? (like at least 7 days from now) but im not sureHow long until its not overkill to call again
pink718
Full Member
It’s really laughable that the other places I’ve interviewed at I’ve heard back after max 4 weeks meanwhile I interviewed at Downstate over 4 months ago and they still can’t get their **** together or care enough to tell the people who spent hundreds of dollars applying to their school when they’ll find out a decision that will radically change the direction of their life.
This ^^^It’s really laughable that the other places I’ve interviewed at I’ve heard back after max 4 weeks meanwhile I interviewed at Downstate over 4 months ago and they still can’t get their **** together or care enough to tell the people who spent hundreds of dollars applying to their school when they’ll find out a decision that will radically change the direction of their life.
fardnpoob
Full Member
true if they are gonna reject me just let me know geez (don't actually reject me tho)It’s really laughable that the other places I’ve interviewed at I’ve heard back after max 4 weeks meanwhile I interviewed at Downstate over 4 months ago and they still can’t get their **** together or care enough to tell the people who spent hundreds of dollars applying to their school when they’ll find out a decision that will radically change the direction of their life.
0%. The person giving you a decision would get fired because they would soon after get inundated with calls from hundreds of people awaiting decisions.Do you think this will lead them to give me a decision?
fardnpoob
Full Member
Take one for the team and let us know if it works. You will be a martyr for the cause 💪💪💪What do you think about calling and asking about a specific update about my application? I have called other schools (although I schools I have not heard from or interviewed at so not much to lose) and they were able to give me an update. Do you think this will lead them to give me a decision?
Edit: dude above me is probably right tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them again 😩
I asked the guy this exactly: i know in the past you usually have one day where you send out a majority of the MD decisions are you planning on doing that this year?
He said “no”
I said okay thank you and hung up 🫠🫠
pink718
Full Member
Yup basically 🥲🥲🥲
I want to cryyyy 😭😭😭😭I called them again 😩
I asked the guy this exactly: i know in the past you usually have one day where you send out a majority of the MD decisions are you planning on doing that this year?
He said “no”
I said okay thank you and hung up 🫠🫠
fardnpoob
Full Member
This is indeed a certified bruh momentI called them again 😩
I asked the guy this exactly: i know in the past you usually have one day where you send out a majority of the MD decisions are you planning on doing that this year?
He said “no”
I said okay thank you and hung up 🫠🫠
D
deleted1140792
bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
D
deleted1156661
apparently they only offer the tour to certain people - i got the tour email and a week later got the ABruh they just gave me a heart attack. I received an email from them but it was for tour sign-ups not decisions
D
deleted1140792
weirdly tho people have gotten the A without the tour email eitherapparently they only offer the tour to certain people - i got the tour email and a week later got the A
D
deleted1140676
Have you been on a tour before or is this your first?Bruh they just gave me a heart attack. I received an email from them but it was for tour sign-ups not decisions
I was supposed to go on one in January but had to reschedule, so they sent me the invite again.Have you been on a tour before or is this your first?
This is just cruel 😭THIS IS A PSYCHOTIC EMAIL TO SEND SOMEONE WHO HASN’T BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE MD PROGRAM
View attachment 366680
WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGGGGG
did you get A before attending tour ? curiousapparently they only offer the tour to certain people - i got the tour email and a week later got the A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JonChase
Full Member
Answer to every one of those questions: admin at this school is an absolute clown showSo if there’s no big day, how many people are they accepting each day? Has everyone who has not been accepted waitlisted/rejected at this point? Why does it seem like so few people are accepted so far? Are they accepting the “top” applicants earlier? Why advertise mid Feb literally every chance you get? Why invite “select” applicants to tour but then it doesn’t necessarily indicate anything? Why not mention specific dates when students call? Why do non rolling if you release in a rolling fashion? Am I missing any questions? Any one have answers?
pink718
Full Member
I really hope the guy on the phone doesn’t know much and/or is just guessing cause idk what the hell we’re supposed to do lolSo if there’s no big day, how many people are they accepting each day? Has everyone who has not been accepted waitlisted/rejected at this point? Why does it seem like so few people are accepted so far? Are they accepting the “top” applicants earlier? Why advertise mid Feb literally every chance you get? Why invite “select” applicants to tour but then it doesn’t necessarily indicate anything? Why not mention specific dates when students call? Why do non rolling if you release in a rolling fashion? Am I missing any questions? Any one have answers?
pink718
Full Member
that’s such a cop outI had also emailed today and was told that I would hear back once a decision is made … like yeah I sure hope so but I was asking when that would be 🥲🥲🥲 so I just have no idea
Will do and let you guys know if they said anything useful lolhonestly go for it, it's a pretty reasonable question to ask on a tour lol
bacon_n_backsquats
Full Member
I really could not imagine asking someone to spend time and resources to go on a tour and then rejecting them.
saladboy
Full Member
So I counted, and it seems like from the time they started offering tours to this April, 282 people have gone on tour/are signed up to go on one, which I'm assuming means around 300-350 people were offered tours?I really could not imagine asking someone to spend time and resources to go on a tour and then rejecting them.
fardnpoob
Full Member
Was invited to tour back in november, still no A so probably no correlation there. Maybe they invite based on how likely they are actually going to show up, like if they live in the area?So I counted, and it seems like from the time they started offering tours to this April, 282 people have gone on tour/are signed up to go on one, which I'm assuming means around 300-350 people were offered tours?
saladboy
Full Member
yeah same went on tour w no A, but i know people who were invited to the tour who live OOS (but are originally from ny)Was invited to tour back in november, still no A so probably no correlation there. Maybe they invite based on how likely they are actually going to show up, like if they live in the area?
D
deleted1150503
I took a break from SDN for two weeks and came back to read the posts that I've missed, and DAMN... wtf is going on 😢 I'm back to join y'all in this waiting hell that we're innnnnn
March is literally next week, wtf is this school doing
March is literally next week, wtf is this school doing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably not, hope I'm wrongWill today be the day 😭🥲
fardnpoob
Full Member
Yep, looks like ill see yall same time on mondayWell. There goes another week.
D
deleted1150503
Get some rest everyone, see y'all Monday!