2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @blackberries for sharing the questions

2022-2023 Vermont Secondary Essay Prompts

1. The Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont recognizes that diversity extends beyond chosen and unchosen identities and encompasses the entirety of an individual’s experiences. Diverse environments can promote growth and provide an opportunity to reflect on preconceptions or biases. Reflect on a time you learned something from someone or a group of people who are unlike yourself. (500 words max)

2. Please reflect on a difficult and challenging non-academic experience you have faced. Include a description of the stressful event, how you dealt with it and what you have learned about others and yourself through this process. (500 words max)

3. (Optional) Please use this box to describe how the COVID19 pandemic may have adversely impacted your application. (150 words max)

4. (Optional): Additional Comments (300 words max)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of Vermont College of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc
Prompts:
The Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont recognizes that diversity extends beyond chosen and unchosen identities and encompasses the entirety of an individual’s experiences. Diverse environments can promote growth and provide an opportunity to reflect on preconceptions or biases. Reflect on a time you learned something from someone or a group of people who are unlike yourself. (500 words max)

Please reflect on a difficult and challenging non-academic experience you have faced. Include a description of the stressful event, how you dealt with it and what you have learned about others and yourself through this process. (500 words max)

Please use this box to describe how the COVID19 pandemic may have adversely impacted your application. (Optional) (150 words max)

Additional Comments (Optional): (300 words max)

OOS secondary received. Love how when I submitted, the page glitched and cut off half of my opening sentence for the additional comments part of the essay :') we take our Ls out here

For the question "Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter or Packet?" are they asking if we have a committee letter or letters packet? I have a letters packet but I can't tell if they are asking that?

For the question "Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter or Packet?" are they asking if we have a committee letter or letters packet? I have a letters packet but I can't tell if they are asking that?
That is exactly what they are asking b/c if you do not have a committee letter the requirements are different

How do we answer the residency Q? They say to look at the FAQs on their home page but I can't find them? I'm definitely out of state so do I just say that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Basically, you list the ages you lived there, the name of the town, and the town's population size.

For example:

0-5, Burlington, VT (however many people)
5-25, the Moon, (~1 person)

Basically, you list the ages you lived there, the name of the town, and the town's population size.

For example:

0-5, Burlington, VT (however many people)
5-25, the Moon, (~1 person)
Oops, I wrote an essay describing the cities I've lived in, but I did include the population and ages!

OOS, secondary received 7/8. Submitted 6/8 and processed 7/7.

I submitted my secondary with the incorrect format for "Residency History". My answer did not include the specific city I lived in or the population of that city. Should I email them with an apology and provide the correct format? Or just sit tight?
following, me neither. I only listed the year and states.

The question did not specify to list population, unlike last year if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't worry about it.

I just formatted mine like they showed on the FAQ on the portal (with the populations), but idk if it really matters since it's easy enough information to find anyway

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting - it says my CASPER score has been received, but I took it last Thursday. Beneficial glitch in the system or is it possible that my test has already been scored and distributed? :unsure: For what its worth other schools that I have submitted to have not yet received it.

for the final optional essay, did people talk about "why UVM"?

for the final optional essay, did people talk about "why UVM"?
You can. I talked about some academic hardship I had. I think they purposefully leave it open-ended so you can add whatever you feel would be beneficial for the adcom to know to get a better idea of you as a person.

How strict is the letter requirements for UVM? I was not able to get a non-science letter, so I applied with 3 science and 1 physician letter. Is this going to be a problem with them? If it is, I might as well save myself the secondary $$.

How strict is the letter requirements for UVM? I was not able to get a non-science letter, so I applied with 3 science and 1 physician letter. Is this going to be a problem with them? If it is, I might as well save myself the secondary $$.
Different letter situation for me since I'm non-trad, but I emailed them before applying and they gave me a waiver for letters since I didn't have letters that met their stated requirements. They responded back to me pretty quickly so I'd probably shoot them an email and make sure before spending the money on the secondary like you said

Reactions: 1 users
Different letter situation for me since I'm non-trad, but I emailed them before applying and they gave me a waiver for letters since I didn't have letters that met their stated requirements. They responded back to me pretty quickly so I'd probably shoot them an email and make sure before spending the money on the secondary like you said

Thanks. Just to make sure, what email did you use?

So…anyone know know if Vermont has interviewed/interviews 1st quartile CASPer scorers? I looked into previous year threads and no one with a 1st quartile score has been interviewed. Wonder if it’s a part of their screening process and makes me wonder if I should even bother writing their secondary

So…anyone know know if Vermont has interviewed/interviews 1st quartile CASPer scorers? I looked into previous year threads and no one with a 1st quartile score has been interviewed. Wonder if it’s a part of their screening process and makes me wonder if I should even bother writing their secondary
... I hope its not part of their screening process or else I'm out of luck

Per reddit, two people got II today from Vermont. One OOS, not sure about the other.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have ANY idea how they screen CASPER? I have yet to see any 1st quartiles get an II

I refuse to believe people get interview invites until it’s on SDN 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Do CASPer scores not show until you are complete? I took the June CASPer so my test has been out for a week, but it shows as not received on UVM's portal. I have not submitted my secondary yet though
Edit: I submitted my secondary and the CASPer score showed up!

Last edited:
Submitted 7/1, marked complete 7/6
Congrats, how do you know you were marked complete on that day? My portal just says complete but no date and I never got a complete email

Reactions: 1 users
Seeing two people get interviews who were complete 7/1 while I was complete 7/2 is very stressful

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats, how do you know you were marked complete on that day? My portal just says complete but no date and I never got a complete email
That was just the day I noticed it was marked complete