2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone find a recent match list for WCUCOM ?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone find a recent match list for WCUCOM ?
There is a list in the 2021-2022 thread somewhere but the video from last years match which ceremony (which has everyone's matches) is also on the schools facebook page. There will be one for this years match of course next month!

Reactions: 1 user
During my interview they said they were building apartments right by William Carey do any current students know if this is correct ?

Members don't see this ad :)
During my interview they said they were building apartments right by William Carey do any current students know if this is correct ?
that is true! haven't heard an update about it personally in a while but they definitely have new housing in the works close to campus.

that is true! haven't heard an update about it personally in a while but they definitely have new housing in the works close to campus.
I wonder if they are talking about Ivy Row. It was recommended to me by Mrs. Martha so I signed the lease already. It's under construction but it will be ready before school starts.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if they are talking about Ivy Row. It was recommended to me by Mrs. Martha so I signed the lease already. It's under construction but it will be ready before school starts.
Do you know how close to campus Ivy row is?

Hey everyone I received an invite for an interview on the 9th. Just wondering if they actually have spots left for acceptances or if this is an interview for a waitlist since this is the only invite I’ve gotten.

It's a whole lot closer to USM than it is to Carey. The future address is 6355 US 49, Hattiesburg, MS, and they are 3/4 bedroom townhouses.
I have a gentleman who is a native of Hattiesburg in my church and he said that the area/apartments really close to WCUCOM can be a bit shady. I have not yet visited Ivy Row's area because its under construction. But being 10 mins away from WCUCOM might not be a bad thing.

I have a gentleman who is a native of Hattiesburg in my church and he said that the area/apartments really close to WCUCOM can be a bit shady. I have not yet visited Ivy Row's area because its under construction. But being 10 mins away from WCUCOM might not be a bad thing.
Lots of apartment complexes large and small are within 10-15 minutes of Carey, so there are a ton of options!

Lots of apartment complexes large and small are within 10-15 minutes of Carey, so there are a ton of options!
Absolutely! But for me, its Ivy Row because I don't want to bring my own furniture from my home so I can visit since its just 1.5 hours away on the weekends or something. Its the cheapest I could find that's fully furnished, plus everything is going to be brand new. I like that its gated as well with a gym (maybe a coffee bar?? heard about it in the open house meet). The only downside I could see was roommates but its guaranteed it will be fellow WCUCOM students so it dispelled my worries and turned into a huge plus!

Reactions: 1 users
Recently got the A! Could someone please send me a link to the accepted Canadian students fb group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I just received an interview a week ago for the 8th, and was wondering if anyone has any insight to what the interview is like? and what kind of questions were you asked?

Hi! I just received an interview a week ago for the 8th, and was wondering if anyone has any insight to what the interview is like? and what kind of questions were you asked?
Look at SDN feedback interview page for WCUCOM. Have good answers for why physician, why DO, and some weakness and strengths. Very relaxed interview, they were really nice and actually seemed very attentive to what you’re saying which helped me stay confident when answering questions.

Good luck, you’ll do great!

I would like to talk to a student here. Where can I find some to dm?

Hello, recently accepted and wanted to know will any student know what the cost of attendance is

Just got an A this morning ! I interviewed on the 16th of feb, then got alternate list on feb 23th and just got off :)

Does this school accept updates and if so, how do I go about sending an update?

Just got email for Alternate list! Interviewed on 02/28 (2 days ago)

Did anybody receive an interview without doing the CASPER test?

Ok perfect. I got an interview but was not sure if I still needed to complete it. Thanks

tuition is $46,000/ year ... cheaper than many DO school

Thanks, I was trying to see how much to budget for rent and see how much total in loans I may have to take out. Anyone using loans to cover school and have an Idea on a comfortable/affordable price for rent

Thanks, I was trying to see how much to budget for rent and see how much total in loans I may have to take out. Anyone using loans to cover school and have an Idea on a comfortable/affordable price for rent
most people spend ~$1000-$1200/month for rent if they're living by themselves, less if they want/have roomates... the school should have or will give you a break down of the max you can loan tuition + expenses/year (for us it was $88K)! i would personally reccomend adding $2-3K on to what you budget just in case auto/tech/etc. issues come up!

most people spend ~$1000-$1200/month for rent if they're living by themselves, less if they want/have roomates... the school should have or will give you a break down of the max you can loan tuition + expenses/year (for us it was $88K)! i would personally reccomend adding $2-3K on to what you budget just in case auto/tech/etc. issues come up!
I learned at one of my other FinAid presentations that you can ask for an increase for tech (1 time in the four years), unexpected medical costs, and unexpected transportation costs. It's up to the school if they will allow it, but doesn't hurt to ask. I would still budget an emergency fund, but an increase in your COA could possibly replenish that fund.

I submitted my secondary recently and was told that my application was marked as "potential interview." Does anybody know what that means? should I be worried that the class is full?

I was paying $750 for a one bedroom at Arbor Walk

Does anyone know the start date for this upcoming Fall is?

School should start the week of July 31st. 1st year orientation is usually 3 days in length (at least that's how ours was last year). Make sure to have your living situation and other non-school related matters taken care of before than!

I submitted my secondary recently and was told that my application was marked as "potential interview." Does anybody know what that means? should I be worried that the class is full?
I think it means that They have received your secondary and are considering to interview or not. If you do get the interview invite then after, you could be accepted, rejected, alternate list or "accepted pending seat", or deferred/waitlist.
If you are alternate listed, then you ARE accepted, but there are no seats left. You are placed in a rank as seats open up. I think applicants can find out where they are in the rank by calling admissions.
If you are deferred, only after the alternate list applicants get a chance to attend, then this pool is given a full acceptance.

I was put on alternate list status when I interviewed in August and got the acceptance in October when deposits were due because many seats opened up. In the emails and letter, it said "accepted pending seat". I did make a tour and met with the admissions department in the period after my interview and October. They strongly indicated that I should get in because I was ranked near the front end of the alternat list. I got in and I got a phone call, email, and letter saying "full acceptance".

Last edited:
Did anybody receive an interview without doing the CASPER test?
I interviewed when my Casper exam scores were pending, but got the full acceptance after my scores released. I scored in the 3rd quarter. I don't know if it influenced my acceptance, but I strongly suspect not. The admissions committee had already placed me on a rank toward the front end of the alternate list/"accepted pending seat" list. When deposits were due in October, I got the full acceptance.

Last edited:
I think it means that They have received your secondary and are considering to interview or not. If you do get the interview invite then after, you could be accepted, rejected, waitlisted, or "accepted pending seat" AKA deferred.
If you are deferred, then you ARE accepted, but there are no seats left. You are placed in a rank as seats open up. I think applicants can find out where they are in the rank by calling admissions.
If you are waitlisted, only after the deferred applicants get a chance to attend, then this pool is given a full acceptance.

I was put on deferred status when I interviewed in August and got the acceptance in October when deposits were due because many seats opened up. In the emails and letter, it said "accepted pending seat". I did make a tour and met with the admissions department in the period after my interview and October. They strongly indicated that I should get in because I was ranked near the front end of the deferred list. I got in and I got a phone call, email, and letter saying "full acceptance".
I think you are mixing up deferred (waitlist) with alternate list (accepted pending seat). Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I am second year student and moving out of Hattiesburg to New York for rotation

i am selling all my furniture so let me know anyone interested taking over all my furniture and lease at the met or all furnitures Costco execute chair, study desk bed mattress TV and small appliances

my lease expires end of may

How are people finding roomates?? I can’t find fb page ?
I signed a lease for Ivy Row from the recommendation of Mrs. Martha from WCUCOM. They set aside units for specifically WCUCOM students so you don't have to find your own roommate. They will gender match or mix gender you as well depending on what you indicate on your application for housing.

Facebook page: WCUCOM Class of 2027 | Facebook

My issue is I have a dog and want a very dog friendly roomate !
They will match you for pets too with WCUCOM students. If you are worried, you can also call them to inquire before sending an app

hasn't been finalized yet, but will probably be july 31st-august 2nd for orientation and then you'll start some classes on the 2nd, but like i said not finalized. i would plan on being fully moved in and ready to rock and roll on july 31st!

I signed a lease for Ivy Row from the recommendation of Mrs. Martha from WCUCOM. They set aside units for specifically WCUCOM students so you don't have to find your own roommate. They will gender match or mix gender you as well depending on what you indicate on your application for housing.

Facebook page: WCUCOM Class of 2027 | Facebook
I talked to Ivy Row and the lease doesn't actually start until August 13th. Their goal is to have us in by the end of July but there is no guarantee, so I have some reservations about that.

Hi All! How quickly did everyone hear back after the interview? Was told the committee was meeting today. Think I could hear back today?