2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they still sending out IIs?
i would venture to say there may be at least another round of II's that go out in April and in May and then another bunch in June/July as things really finalize! it aint over till matriculation!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi All! How quickly did everyone hear back after the interview? Was told the committee was meeting today. Think I could hear back today?
When did you interview? I interviewed today, no way I hear back tomorrow right?

I talked to Ivy Row and the lease doesn't actually start until August 13th. Their goal is to have us in by the end of July but there is no guarantee, so I have some reservations about that.
Yeah, the lease doesn't itself start until August 13th when payment is due, but you can sign it now to lock you in if you want to live there and move in before classes start. As of now, the place is not built yet but they do plan on finishing construction well before our classes start for everyone to move in. In the WCUCOM group me, we had a discussion about what happens if construction is not finished. Some of the students reached out to Ivy Row and apparently, if they are not finished in the summer (due to weather etc.), Ivy Row will place us in hotels or something. I know this is not assuring for everyone. It was ok with me personally because I have my parents home just 1.5 hours from WCUCOM so its really not a risk for me since I can just commute each day until my place is done, if by chance it comes to that and I don't like Ivy Row's hotel/other accommodations. I talked with Mrs. Priscilla (the admin for Ivy Row) recently and she said their on track so far.

Before I signed, I reached out and visited other places around Hattiesburg and I found their rent to be high, was ungated so I didn't feel safe, old, or they were not used to Carey students so move in dates would be in the middle of August way after our classes had started. Maybe I could have searched harder. But after Mrs. Martha recommended me this place and I talked to Mrs. Priscilla, I weighed my options and the negative didn't seem that big for my specific situation, so I signed the lease. I recently got to reach out to my new WCUCOM roommates and they are chill dudes so I am happy with my decision so far. But hey, we all just gotta weigh the options in the end and go for it, wherever we choose to live. If you end up not happy with your decision, you can always find a better option for the next years lease :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the lease doesn't itself start until August 13th when payment is due, but you can sign it now to lock you in if you want to live there and move in before classes start. As of now, the place is not built yet but they do plan on finishing construction well before our classes start for everyone to move in. In the WCUCOM group me, we had a discussion about what happens if construction is not finished. Some of the students reached out to Ivy Row and apparently, if they are not finished in the summer (due to weather etc.), Ivy Row will place us in hotels or something. I know this is not assuring for everyone. It was ok with me personally because I have my parents home just 1.5 hours from WCUCOM so its really not a risk for me since I can just commute each day until my place is done, if by chance it comes to that and I don't like Ivy Row's hotel/other accommodations. I talked with Mrs. Priscilla (the admin for Ivy Row) recently and she said their on track so far.

Before I signed, I reached out and visited other places around Hattiesburg and I found their rent to be high, was ungated so I didn't feel safe, old, or they were not used to Carey students so move in dates would be in the middle of August way after our classes had started. Maybe I could have searched harder. But after Mrs. Martha recommended me this place and I talked to Mrs. Priscilla, I weighed my options and the negative didn't seem that big for my specific situation, so I signed the lease. I recently got to reach out to my new WCUCOM roommates and they are chill dudes so I am happy with my decision so far. But hey, we all just gotta weigh the options in the end and go for it, wherever we choose to live. If you end up not happy with your decision, you can always find a better option for the next years lease :)
Did Mrs. Priscilla give you the information of your roommates? I was wondering if I would have the chance to talk to them beforehand. I filled out the application and signed the lease, I just haven't actually sent the lease in because I am coming from Florida, so in the event Ivy Row isn't ready, I do not have many options. But I will probably end up sending it in.

Did Mrs. Priscilla give you the information of your roommates? I was wondering if I would have the chance to talk to them beforehand. I filled out the application and signed the lease, I just haven't actually sent the lease in because I am coming from Florida, so in the event Ivy Row isn't ready, I do not have many options. But I will probably end up sending it in.
Yeah she did. I was able to reach out to them by email. But their contact info was in the bill email stating I need to pay rent by August 13th. I say this because until you sign the lease, the system wont give their info to you. But maybe Mrs. Priscilla will if you call her so who your roommates are and how well you vibe might help your decision to sign the lease.

Reactions: 1 user
i got alternative list about a week after my interview. can anybody ease my mind? what are my chances of being accepted?

i got alternative list about a week after my interview. can anybody ease my mind? what are my chances of being accepted?
I'd say highly likely based off what others have said in this thread and based off last years SDN thread. As previously mentioned in other posts, alternative list essentially means you are accepted, just waiting for a seat to open up and as soon as one does, you'll get that sweet sweet acceptance email.

Stay strong, you're not out till you get formally rejected!

Anyone know WCU-COM students staying ant Eagle Flatts apartments? And if they like it?

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know of anyone in my class who is at eagle flats. i think it's mostly USM students!
Do you know if WCUCOM students live in any of these buildings? Also any opinions about either of them?
- long point
- parkwest
- park place
- turtle creek

Do you know if WCUCOM students live in any of these buildings? Also any opinions about either of them?
- long point
- parkwest
- park place
- turtle creek
i don't know about long point but definitely park west, park place, and turtle creek. lots of COM folks there. based on personal experience I would personally vouch for parkwest, the Met, and breckenridge (our class has a ton of folks at Breckenridge), but I haven't had any experience with the other places!

Anyone know WCU-COM students staying ant Eagle Flatts apartments? And if they like it?
I got mixed signals from Eagle Flatts. First they said that the move in date would be in the middle of August, but a different contact told me they can let me move in earlier if rooms open. I scoured their google reviews and it seems noise is a concern due to probably college kids. Another concern, is if they pair you with a roommate, they might not be a student so living together might get weird. This might be a better option your OMS-2 year when you can make friends with other WCUCOM students and y'all roommate.

Just got the reject via email this morning. I felt my interview went great, so I’m honestly not sure why. I wish I hadn’t gotten my hopes up. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Just got the reject via email this morning. I felt my interview went great, so I’m honestly not sure why. I wish I hadn’t gotten my hopes up. Good luck to everyone else!
When did you interview?

I interviewed Wednesday and I’m so anxious 😥 I want to stay close to home so badly
I know exactly how you feel. That was the main reason for my disappointment - I’ve grown up here my entire life and really wanted to stay. Don’t give up hope! You got this!

• Wow
  • Care
Dang. You should contact your interviewer to see why you were rejected. Once, when I was interviewing with ARCOM, I said something wrong which got me a post II R. But the interviewer corrected me. I got the same Q at WCUCOM but I now knew how better to say my answer. So if it's because you made a mistake during the interview, learning how not to repeat it will help at other schools this cycle.

• Love
Did anyone else get asked if they are comfortable with removing their clothes and wearing a sports bra/shorts in OMM lab during the interview?

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get asked if they are comfortable with removing their clothes and wearing a sports bra/shorts in OMM lab during the interview?
Yes. Not the bra part for me but yes lol

yeah this is a pretty standard question for DO programs. through me for a loop last year too because tbh I wasn't as familiar with DO education as I should have been, but for OMM lab and sometimes CPC too, you have to be able to have your top off for spinal stuff or shorts on for lower extremitiy stuff. I will say they are SUPER good about respecting religious requirements however and a lot of folks with different religious requirements will wear a tank top or some other variation to meet their requirements. just make sure you talk to the OMM faculty during the first week and let them know.

yeah this is a pretty standard question for DO programs. through me for a loop last year too because tbh I wasn't as familiar with DO education as I should have been, but for OMM lab and sometimes CPC too, you have to be able to have your top off for spinal stuff or shorts on for lower extremitiy stuff. I will say they are SUPER good about respecting religious requirements however and a lot of folks with different religious requirements will wear a tank top or some other variation to meet their requirements. just make sure you talk to the OMM faculty during the first week and let them know.
Can people wear like a super thin/tight athletic shirt or speedo swim shirt?

which date were you interviewed ?

Sorry to hear that. I am sure you will get in somewhere. Do you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed this week and am very anxious.

I personally haven't seen any male-identifying students do that, but if there is a religious reason just talk with the OPP faculty once classes start.

yeah you'd probably be fine... if it's for religious or health or some other reason than personal preference, I'd probably talk to the OPP faculty when classes start so they don't bother you about it, but otherwise just be preprepared to take it off in the pretty unlikely event a professor or scholar asks you too.

yeah you'd probably be fine... if it's for religious or health or some other reason than personal preference, I'd probably talk to the OPP faculty when classes start so they don't bother you about it, but otherwise just be preprepared to take it off in the pretty unlikely event a professor or scholar asks you too.
Ok. I used to have severe back acne as a kid so I am a little conscious about my back scars lol. I still take meds for it, but its controlled so idk if faculty will be cool with me keeping my shirt on.

Ok. I used to have severe back acne as a kid so I am a little conscious about my back scars lol. I still take meds for it, but its controlled so idk if faculty will be cool with me keeping my shirt on.
honestly i'd wear whatever your comfortable with and worst case scenario you just have to take it off! i will say there is such a variety of bodies and backgrounds in our class that literally no one notices or cares. the first 1-2 labs are a little weird, but you adapt so quickly and it all just becomes so normal. we all have scars in all different kinds of places and you really see it all on people! it's part of the learning process! i totally understand being self-conscious, but definitely don't stress out about it!

honestly i'd wear whatever your comfortable with and worst case scenario you just have to take it off! i will say there is such a variety of bodies and backgrounds in our class that literally no one notices or cares. the first 1-2 labs are a little weird, but you adapt so quickly and it all just becomes so normal. we all have scars in all different kinds of places and you really see it all on people! it's part of the learning process! i totally understand being self-conscious, but definitely don't stress out about it!
Thats it. Im withdrawing my acceptance XD
Awkward Homer Simpson GIF

• Haha
Gave up my seat! Hope one of you guys gets it!! 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off alternate list today! Interviewed 02/28, places on alternate list 03/02

Reactions: 4 users