2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a chance for an II here or too late

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is we have deferred decision, are we still supposed to rank medical schools on amcas?

is we have deferred decision, are we still supposed to rank medical schools on amcas?
If you log in to CYMS it’ll show the medical schools where you have been accepted and the schools where you have placed on the alternate list, but it is only possible to list a medical school as “Plan to Enroll” if you are currently accepted there.

Hi :) I just made an account because of how overwhelmed I've been getting in this process with so many unanswered questions and months and months of waiting.

So just wondering - I interviewed late Nov (Maine Track) and haven't heard anything at all. Is anyone in this boat? Should I expect deferral or WL or R at this point? Or is there still hope?

Hi :) I just made an account because of how overwhelmed I've been getting in this process with so many unanswered questions and months and months of waiting.

So just wondering - I interviewed late Nov (Maine Track) and haven't heard anything at all. Is anyone in this boat? Should I expect deferral or WL or R at this point? Or is there still hope?
I think it is really weird you have not heard... I heard within the timeline that I was given (about a month after my interview). At this point, if you have heard nothing after your interview, I would reach out to admissions and ask for an update.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it is really weird you have not heard... I heard within the timeline that I was given (about a month after my interview). At this point, if you have heard nothing after your interview, I would reach out to admissions and ask for an update.
Huh. Is it considered bad etiquette to reach out and ask?

what is Tuft's policy on Letters of Interest pre-II? and for anybody that managed to see March dates for IIs, how far out/how many slots are open?

Huh. Is it considered bad etiquette to reach out and ask?
I was directly told in my interview that I would hear back in the next month (and I did). If you haven't heard anything since November, then I think this is an appropriate reason to reach out and ask. Most times you should leave admissions committees to do their job, but this warrants you reaching out.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is Tuft's policy on Letters of Interest pre-II? and for anybody that managed to see March dates for IIs, how far out/how many slots are open?
Hey! So I’m not sure about the slots, but I called Tufts last week to ask if they accepted LOI (Interest) and they said yes! Just upload it to the portal :)

• Care
From the calendar I can see, it looks like there are Boston slots available for 3/4, 3/13, 3/18, and 3/20. Take those dates with a grain of salt though, because I scheduled my interview months ago and was already accepted. Not sure why I can still see new interview dates, so maybe it's a glitch.

I think the calendar just stays open for us for some reason, I’m not actually able to schedule another interview lol but it’s nice to be able to see the dates

I think the calendar just stays open for us for some reason, I’m not actually able to schedule another interview lol but it’s nice to be able to see the dates
Crossing my fingers and toes that there will be another interview wave for these dates 🙏

Reactions: 1 users

I would see if you can try calling the school! I’ve had issues with emails not being delivered (not with this school but with other med schools). You can just express that you wanted to make sure that you haven’t missed anything. Sending good luck!

They are interviewing through March 31 . Letter of regret or interviews will be sent by then

Reactions: 2 users
Is Tufts done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.

They may have one final coming on the 1st

Man people are literally incapable of scrolling up

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 14 users
People are nervous bro, it’s ok

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
last year tufts sent pre-II rejections by this time last year. I wonder why they haven't so far, just keeping our hopes up .

Reactions: 4 users
if i was deferred decision in november, when should i expect to hear back?

if i was deferred decision in november, when should i expect to hear back?
Deferrals hear back mid April, either, WL, A or R. Doesn't look like anyone got off the waitlist last year according to SDN

Last edited by a moderator:
Deferrals hear back mid April, either A or R. Doesn't look like anyone got off the waitlist last year according to SDN
Some of my classmates did get accepted after an initial deferral. Not sure about actual waitlist though

last year tufts sent pre-II rejections by this time last year. I wonder why they haven't so far, just keeping our hopes up .
The SCOTUS decision pushed a lot of AdComs back because it required an adjustment (or overhaul) of procedures. I think a lot of schools are a bit behind this year (at least according to a former admissions person I spoke with)

Def keep hopes high until the final answer comes though! For me learning this explained why I still haven’t gotten pre-II R’s from a lot of places.

Reactions: 3 users
The SCOTUS decision pushed a lot of AdComs back because it required an adjustment (or overhaul) of procedures. I think a lot of schools are a bit behind this year (at least according to a former admissions person I spoke with)

Def keep hopes high until the final answer comes though! For me learning this explained why I still haven’t gotten pre-II R’s from a lot of places.
Thank you !! Definitely having high hopes !!! :)

• Care
Any news for an II yet?
I just called and asked the admissions office whether II were still being send out. They said that interview INVITES will go out until March 31, which might be different than interviews themselves happening until March 31? They might still have a bunch to go; if anyone can interpret that better than I can, please do

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
I just called and asked the admissions office whether II were still being send out. They said that interview INVITES will go out until March 31, which might be different than interviews themselves happening until March 31? They might still have a bunch to go; if anyone can interpret that better than I can, please do
I mean if that's what they said, you interpreted it correctly, I think. Absolutely wild that an MD school might have interview dates in April! Thanks for letting us know :)

Why are they so delayed ? They just keep us hanging !!!!

Why are they so delayed ? They just keep us hanging !!!!
Tufts just generally has a later interview cycle to be fair. I know multiple people that got interview invites in March last year haha

Wait this is amazing news, thank you! Tufts ily 👀👀

• Love
So would that be two II waves then? Cause this silence today is killing

I hope I get one!!!!!!!
This is not medical advice, but... you have been very, very active on this thread over the past month.
Go for a walk, grab a coffee, watch a movie, take your mind off of Tufts for a little bit!
There is still time left in the cycle, and constant worrying will not change the AdCom's decision - it will only wear you down.
Wishing you the best!

Reactions: 8 users
This is not medical advice, but... you have been very, very active on this thread over the past month.
Go for a walk, grab a coffee, watch a movie, take your mind off of Tufts for a little bit!
There is still time left in the cycle, and constant worrying will not change the AdCom's decision - it will only wear you down.
Wishing you the best!
Thank you , I am aware it won’t change adcom decisions but I am still hoping and praying until I get a decision either way.

thanks for taking one for the team 🫡 this is such great news :))

Does anyone know the procedure at Tufts to withdraw an acceptance? I've decided to go elsewhere, and I'm not sure what the process is at this school and don't see a "withdraw" button on the portal. Do we email Dean Matias directly?

I suggest emailing admissions at [email protected] and maybe cc Dean Matias.

I guess invites are being sent on Monday at this rate

Guess not

Last edited:
I guess I will Trust God

Reactions: 4 users
II today!! So crazy-- I did not realize they invited for interviews this late in the cycle.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users