2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do y'all think this means? I was looking at last year's thread but didn't see something similar, at least around oct-nov.
my personal interpretation is we were supposed to get As yesterday but they didnt make the call in time and are planning to do it today… one can hope

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those in AZ: Heading here for an interview soon, anything I should prepare for in advance and/or things to do or see around the area? Never been before.

For those in AZ: Heading here for an interview soon, anything I should prepare for in advance and/or things to do or see around the area? Never been before.
You're going at a great time as the weather has started to cool down finally. I'm gonna assume you're staying near the campus for these recs. Either Camelback (Echo Canyon trail) or Piestewa (Summit Trail #300) are both great options for hiking and within a 30 minute drive of UACOM-P campus. Just a heads up, they are pretty challenging but the views are amazing. With the current weather, you can safely hike anytime, but always bring water and salty snacks. For food, Taco Boys (Mexican) and Lom Wong (Thai) are nearby and really good. If you're looking for more food options, this Eater list is decent. If you're into museums, the Heard Museum is really unique to Phoenix and you can get there by public transit. The Desert Botanical Garden is also really pretty and a great introduction to flora we got in Phoenix.

Let me know if you have any more questions or want more specific recs!

Reactions: 1 users
Ramen Kagawa is also close (20min walk or 5min drive). Their Spicy Paitan ramen is probably the best ramen I've had in the US. You have to park in a nearby parking garage for it though if you're driving. It's winter, but make sure to stay hydrated.

Reactions: 1 user
Have they rejected anyone who interviewed yet? Or just a bunch of holds 😂

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how to submit a thank you letter here since they dont use AMP? interviewed today--was prob going to send it to their normal admissions email?

Am I stupid if I decide not to attend this interview? I thought there would be a virtual option but it appears it's only in person. The flights on short notice are expensive and out of my 5 II (which includes this) I would attend this school last. No A yet but I'm expecting to hear back from 2 schools soon where I thought interviews went well. I should've double-checked this before I submitted but not sure if it is worth my time and money to attend have also been reading into the school I am not sure it is right for me. Any thoughts?

Am I stupid if I decide not to attend this interview? I thought there would be a virtual option but it appears it's only in person. The flights on short notice are expensive and out of my 5 II (which includes this) I would attend this school last. No A yet but I'm expecting to hear back from 2 schools soon where I thought interviews went well. I should've double-checked this before I submitted but not sure if it is worth my time and money to attend have also been reading into the school I am not sure it is right for me. Any thoughts?
I can’t remember where I heard it from but I believe they will be offering one virtual AVD for those who cannot make it in person. Not sure what month that would be in.

I can’t remember where I heard it from but I believe they will be offering one virtual AVD for those who cannot make it in person. Not sure what month that would be in.
Yes...definitely ask if there is a virtual option at a later date before declining the invite. It's worth a shot.

don't decline any interviews until you have an A.

Reactions: 2 users
+1 OOS II, LM 71

Last edited:
Has anyone received post-interview rejections from this school?

Any more As today?

Just got the call!! IS A interviewed in september 🙂

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Got the call earlier today with the A!
IS with LM of about 69/70ish.

• Love
Anyone else receive no communication today?

If it helps my call was later than expected and Dean Fogerty said he’s at a conference, plus their tracker hasn’t been updated so there maybe more news tomorrow.
1699328489719.jpeg

Admissions tracker just updated again so I guess I’m waiting another week or two for an update haha

They’re accepting so slowly this year