You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Baylor
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The names are assigned to different faculty/admin members and they call whenever they find time but within a day or two at most.Do prematches go out throughout the day, or are they only offered in one batch? Also, for those who prematched today, what days did you interview on?
Not sure why they just didn't give the list to @MCAThiccy 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
c'mon, we want @MCAThiccy to have time to study for med school thingsThe names are assigned to different faculty/admin members and they call whenever they find time but within a day or two at most.
Not sure why they just didn't give the list to @MCAThiccy 🙂
have any early December interviewees prematched or is it too soon?
D
deleted1169361
fingers crossed for my fellow sept interview girlies hehe
I thought he is heading for christmas and momma's cooking.c'mon, we want @MCAThiccy to have time to study for med school things
I'm home for the holidays; currently studying muscular anatomy and bone anatomy/diseases 🙂
Can't have good days without bad days I guess
So does this mean there could be a few more straggler offers tomorrow?The names are assigned to different faculty/admin members and they call whenever they find time but within a day or two at most.
Not sure why they just didn't give the list to @MCAThiccy 🙂
My coworker got a call this morning and she was mid-November!Did anyone prematch with a November interview?
CONGRATS to everyone that pre-matched today!!! Just out of curiosity did anyone who pre-matched send a letter of intent? I am looking to send my letter of intent to Baylor and am wondering if it will help me at all? Or should I wait until MatchDay to send it if I am on the waitlist or something?
THX!
THX!
CONGRATS to everyone that pre-matched today!!! Just out of curiosity did anyone who pre-matched send a letter of intent? I am looking to send my letter of intent to Baylor and am wondering if it will help me at all? Or should I wait until MatchDay to send it if I am on the waitlist or something?
THX!
I’m considering this too
When I interviewed they said that their match list is finalized the day we finished interviews. I doubt a letter of intent will move things around but what do I know lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heard this tooWhen I interviewed they said that their match list is finalized the day we finished interviews. I doubt a letter of intent will move things around but what do I know lol
Heard a letter of intent might slightly slightly help if you're waitlisted but not much more than that
MedLiberty
Full Member
When did you interview?OOS A today, unbelievably excited!
Really hoping to get in here too--interviewed Nov. 3rd.
We had the same interview day! Hope you hear some good news soon!When did you interview?
Really hoping to get in here too--interviewed Nov. 3rd.
Hi could anyone at the temple campus share their experience? I've been really lucky to prematch at McGovern but I am stuck between it and Baylor
Last edited:
Sounds like it’s @MCAThiccy time to shine
Browse through this thread to find this answerHi could anyone at the temple campus share their experience? I've been really lucky to prematch at McGovern but I am stuck between it and Baylor because I like Baylor's curriculum a lot more ( they have an insane amount of opportunities for global health that mcgovern doesn't). At the same time, I am worried of matching into the temple campus simply due to lifestyle differences
I highly recommend anyone that has questions regarding the Temple campus come to the Temple open house. You can speak to Temple students and ask your questions in person, plus you get a great lunch 🙂
TexasGuy12
Full Member
Did anyone receive scholarship information in their offer letter? Or does that come out at a later date
pepperoncini
Full Member
Also wondering thisIs there an accepted student groupme or facebook page?
Last year, those who received a scholarship during prematch were informed in their acceptance call and also in their offer letter. I do know ppl in my class who got scholarships months after their acceptance tho.Did anyone receive scholarship information in their offer letter? Or does that come out at a later date
Edit: this was last year so they might've changed it for this year!
Till January prollyBaylor Pre-Match game ova ?
Others on this thread have said it's a pretty long interview day & can last until 4 pm.I interview here next Friday and I was just curious when the information for the pre-interview social and interview schedule will be sent. And typically from what times on Friday do the interviews run?
I interview here next Friday and I was just curious when the information for the pre-interview social and interview schedule will be sent. And typically from what times on Friday do the interviews run?
The info is usually sent pretty close to the interview date so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s as late as Wednesday before the pre-interview social. Interview day also officially ends at 4.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I have a fiance (spouse by the time of starting ms1) who is doing their Ph.D. at BCM in Houston, would I have a good chance of internally matching to the Houston campus? Deciding whether I should rank baylor or mcgovern higher because of this.
jack lock
Full Member
iirc at open house they said those who have acc reasons to be in houston can voice it on some forum after match dayIf I have a fiance (spouse by the time of starting ms1) who is doing their Ph.D. at BCM in Houston, would I have a good chance of internally matching to the Houston campus? Deciding whether I should rank baylor or mcgovern higher because of this.
what's acc reasonsiirc at open house they said those who have acc reasons to be in houston can voice it on some forum after match day
Acc means actual reasons, such as legitimate reasons to be bound to Houston.
what is acc short for?Acc means actual reasons, such as legitimate reasons to be bound to Houston.
It’s short for actual reasons.
Congratulations!! I hope that you weigh in this information with other institutions. Happy new year!
I interview here this Friday and it’s my first traditional style interview of the cycle. I’m really excited and a little nervous! Does anyone have any tips for this interview format?
txpremed1234
Full Member
you'll crush it! good luck! I think just having some standard answers more or less ready (just that you've thought about them, nothing scripted) like tell me about yourself, why baylor, etc. really helped me. otherwise just be cheerful, enthusiastic, and genuine! one of my interviews was pretty boom boom boom with questions, the other was much more conversational- depends on your interviewerI interview here this Friday and it’s my first traditional style interview of the cycle. I’m really excited and a little nervous! Does anyone have any tips for this interview format?
Be prepared for any type of questions and any type of interviewer. There are some very tough interviewers at Baylor who made candidates sure they wont get in (at least 2 in this cycle and last) who were admitted. Others have had conversations about what their momma gives them for breakfast for 30 minutes.I interview here this Friday and it’s my first traditional style interview of the cycle. I’m really excited and a little nervous! Does anyone have any tips for this interview format?
In brief, what did you tell financial aid ? Wondering what their criteria might be for considering a merit scholarship.Just wanted to share I received a merit scholarship on 12/26 after pre-matching on 12/18. I did reach out to financial aid so I think that could have made a difference!
Essentially, I asked them what the timeline would be for receiving aid as I have been given an offer elsewhere and wanted to make an informed decision before match day. In the email, they said to talk to financial aid, but then a few days later, I got the scholarship. Hope this helps!In brief, what did you tell financial aid ? Wondering what their criteria might be for considering a merit scholarship.
Anyone who pre-mateched fill out the background check yet? I'm doing it rn, but it's asking me for $500 and I just wanna make sure that's correct before forking that over 😭
It’s not $500. Some people were charged $40 and others were charged +$100. It fluctuates depending on how many times you’ve moved within the states or if you moved internationally to the US.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may enter your payment information and then be charged a variable amount depending on your history. I did not see anyone get charged with the full $500.
It does help. Thank you very much.Essentially, I asked them what the timeline would be for receiving aid as I have been given an offer elsewhere and wanted to make an informed decision before match day. In the email, they said to talk to financial aid, but then a few days later, I got the scholarship. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply MCathiccy. I’ll give them a call to confirm 🙂You may enter your payment information and then be charged a variable amount depending on your history. I did not see anyone get charged with the full $500.
They suggested at the interview day today that they would *probably* have 1 more prematch release before match day just fyi