2023-2024 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II submitted 8/1!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to send an update before (research and multiple pubs accepted) to the general email line. Someone from the admissions committee reached out to me and said although they appreciated my interest, they didn’t accept/consider updates pre-ii.

Reactions: 2 users
II received
Complete 9/6/23
YEEEEAAAAA BUDDDY

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
My impression is that CWRU generally doesn't do silent rejections or wait until February/March to send rejections. I applied last cycle and got rejected everywhere, and CWRU was one of the first to send me the letter (in mid-December).
Thank you :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For all my alt list homies, when do we hear back lmao?

• Hmm
Hey case can I get an II? Thx. I'll rizz your faculty members during the interview

Reactions: 3 users
OOS pre II R complete september

Last edited:
  • Care
how likely are we to get an interview if we haven't been rejected yet..?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
What is the reason why I dodge so many R waves from different schools but I still don't receive an II from them? That is just strange.

Reactions: 16 users
Anyone know when Case typically stops sending out invites? Is it through the end of January?

Anyone know when Case typically stops sending out invites? Is it through the end of January?

Their website says interviews until February, and 2/1 was one of the dates I could select so I think there might be some options then!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS pre-II R yesterday around 4:00pm CST, complete 8/1. Good luck everybody!

• Care
I haven't been rejected yet so presumably there are still more interview dates to be held. I doubt they would keep us around if they don't plan to send more interview invites.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Any idea when we can expect 12/11 II decisions to come out? I thought they told us 4-6 weeks at our interview.

Any idea when we can expect 12/11 II decisions to come out? I thought they told us 4-6 weeks at our interview.
I would guess that the zoom links are going to be sent out on Friday, with the official decisions coming out next Monday

Does anyone else have no II or R but is being absolutely spammed with the masters programs emails? I feel like this wouldn’t be a soft R since they are actively giving rejections, but it just feels off that I’m getting them multiple times a week.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone else have no II or R but is being absolutely spammed with the masters programs emails? I feel like this wouldn’t be a soft R since they are actively giving rejections, but it just feels off that I’m getting them multiple times a week.
No II or R, but not getting any masters programs emails. Did they have some box about interest/open to receiving other emails on the secondary? I can't remember but I'm fairly certain I always said no to that stuff, so maybe that explains it.

No II or R, but not getting any masters programs emails. Did they have some box about interest/open to receiving other emails on the secondary? I can't remember but I'm fairly certain I always said no to that stuff, so maybe that explains it.

I don’t remember either, but maybe

You are in the national portal to receive masters program emails. Is this the only school sending you masters program emails?

You are in the national portal to receive masters program emails. Is this the only school sending you masters program emails?

No, but it’s the only one I applied to, which I find weird… I really only noticeably get them from case, northwestern, and Rutgers

YEss!! THis is the only school that has been constantly sending me masters programs emails....I honestly feel like we r about to get rejected lol

• Care
Did anyone else just get that email from Dr. Mehta about updates? What do we think that’s about?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
+1 Zoom Link!!! SOOOOO EXCITED SO GRATEFUL dreams do come true 🥰

• Love
Did anyone else just get that email from Dr. Mehta about updates? What do we think that’s about?
take a quick look back at earlier discussions in this thread! :giggle: based on previous patterns, it looks like it is an invite to a zoom where they congratulate you

Last edited:
  • Love
Also got a zoom link - not trusting anything until I hear the words "acceptance" coming out of someone's mouth haha

edit: interviewed 12/20

Last edited:
  • Love
take a quick look back at earlier discussions in this thread! :) based on previous patterns, it looks like it is an invite to a zoom where they congratulate you
GOT THE ZOOM LINK AS WELL & I'M SO GRATEFUL!! 😭😭

• Love
+1 zoom link, has anyone ever received one and been placed on the Alt list?