-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Case Western Reserve
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yep+1 for 11:30 am EST?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
last year it was for As; previous years (e.g., 2020), it was for alt list (Ws). just hard to speculate.Wish someone from last year can tell us if this is good or bad
11:30 am ESTwhat time is the meeting at for yall?
angelfromabove
Full Member
Just saying – I think it's very cruel to send out a zoom link for waitlist. Like everything isn't stressful enough and takes its toll on you – if they're going to proceed with the zoom link, it should only be for those admitted. Why set up false hope? Does anyone else think that that is cruel and inappropriate? I hope someone from the school is reading this and takes note.
D
deleted1161947
Nothing RIP
Loong Lions
New Member
ZOOM!
Completely agree with this... if it was a WL I'd prefer to just be emailed..Just saying – I think it's very cruel to send out a zoom link for waitlist. Like everything isn't stressful enough and takes its toll on you – if they're going to proceed with the zoom link, it should only be for those admitted. Why set up false hope? Does anyone else think that that is cruel and inappropriate? I hope someone from the school is reading this and takes note.
I think its very unlikely its a WL. I don't think they'd want to see the exact moment they crush the hopes and dreams of a zoom full of students.
To be fair they might see me ugly cry regardless of A or WL.
To be fair they might see me ugly cry regardless of A or WL.
angelfromabove
Full Member
I agree, but according to SDN if accurate they did do it the year before last year
student159
Full Member
Any precedent in recent years of students not getting the Zoom link and still getting in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says that if you cant make the zoom, you will get the same information in an email later that dayWhat happens if u miss zoom link?
chocotiramisu
New Member
Are they done sending them out?
I would 100% agree with you except that it did happen in the past lol. I'm hoping that maybe a lesson was learned from that year not to do it again and that this coming monday is A'sI think its very unlikely its a WL. I don't think they'd want to see the exact moment they crush the hopes and dreams of a zoom full of students.
To be fair they might see me ugly cry regardless of A or WL.
If I remember correctly** from the interview day they said that there are multiple points of accepting people into the program. In other words, if you don't get an A Oct Xth, then you might still be eligible on future days, outside of even a waitlist.Any precedent in recent years of students not getting the Zoom link and still getting in?
** I am forgetful, and have been fed a lot of information from a lot of different schools
D
deleted1167714
Is the consensus that if you didn't receive the zoom link yesterday, you're not going to be accepted on Monday?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Can we just call into the Zoom session and listen in if we're at work?
I don’t see why that would be a problem. go for itCan we just call into the Zoom session and listen in if we're at work?
D
deleted1167714
Is the consensus that if you didn't receive the zoom link yesterday, you're not going to be accepted on Monday?
^^Could someone answer this?
^^Could someone answer this?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
no one really knows but i did see this in previous years' thread(s):Is the consensus that if you didn't receive the zoom link yesterday, you're not going to be accepted on Monday?
^^Could someone answer this?
D
deleted1161947
I am using this as cope thanksno one really knows but i did see this in previous years' thread(s):
View attachment 377703
It seems pretty clear to me that they send zoom links to people that are getting As, and then ask them to not disclose that zoom link=A during the meeting. The post above from wallstreetbroke admitted that the people he is referring to were not too reliable and could very possibly have received zoom links but didn't notice them/they were in their spam folder. So yes, I would assume that if you interviewed in September, then no zoom link=alt list. Expect the worst, hope for the best 🙁Is the consensus that if you didn't receive the zoom link yesterday, you're not going to be accepted on Monday?
^^Could someone answer this?
Didn't even get an II loltoastedbutter, any news? You will hear first.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are too good for them. Without a doubt, you will hear a multitude of acceptances tomorrow. Best of luck!Didn't even get an II lol
No Zoom link, I'm going to assume I'm rejected rn to save myself the mental anguish of a post II WL/R. Whoever came up with the idea of a pre A Zoom to give applicants another thing to stress about, I don't like you :/
D
deleted1161947
No Zoom link, I'm going to assume I'm rejected rn to save myself the mental anguish of a post II WL/R. Whoever came up with the idea of a pre A Zoom to give applicants another thing to stress about, I don't like you :/
I’m obviously butthurt bc I didn’t get a zoom link but seriously. What an absolutely terrible idea.
it is what it is. They just telegraph their admissions decisions a few days early and try to have fun with people. But those well versed in SDN forums know exactly what a zoom link means 🤣I’m obviously butthurt bc I didn’t get a zoom link but seriously. What an absolutely terrible idea.
I also think it's quite funny how people rush to SDN to post about their acceptance 0.1 seconds after getting it (rightfully so I might add), but in previous years, there is almost nobody reporting As on this thread. Just zoom links, and then those people magically disappear
D
deleted1161947
+1 Alt
Maybe adcoms told them to not say on forums for confidentiality?
I also think it's quite funny how people rush to SDN to post about their acceptance 0.1 seconds after getting it (rightfully so I might add), but in previous years, there is almost nobody reporting As on this thread. Just zoom links, and then those people magically disappear
That is correct, it’s just so obvious lol, they’re not fooling anyone. +1 alt btwMaybe adcoms told them to not say on forums for confidentiality?
+1 Alt
Alt list, does anyone know how good our chances are? I forget how many candidates are pulled from the WL
+1 Alt :/
D
deleted1161947
does case even send out Rs or does everyone who doesn't get an A today get alt list?
Judging from Case's other yearly threads on SDN, it looks like everyone else gets alt listed.does case even send out Rs or does everyone who doesn't get an A today get alt list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ballerboy69
New Member
copped an alt... goddamn this process brutal af... esp bc i felt like interview went well
We got this boys, keep on pushing!!!! we don't give up
We got this boys, keep on pushing!!!! we don't give up
really hard to tell, there's no data on MSAR other than "our waitlist varies from year to year." Like c'mon, give us something 😢Alt list, does anyone know how good our chances are? I forget how many candidates are pulled from the WL
AnonMD5000!
Full Member
Got Alt-Listed yesterday... HUGE bummer because I fell in love with the school after interview day... guess the feelings weren't reciprocated 😔
D
deleted1171273
IS II for UP, complete 7/16. Now got an interview at all 6 Ohio schools
OOS II! does anyone see only one interview date available?