You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Creighton
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
They are a thing. I recieved one last month, not sure about its timeline.Anyone know if merit scholarships are a thing for Creighton and if so when/how we would hear about them? Is it an application process or are people automatically evaluated?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Did your offer come at the same time as your acceptance or after?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheMagicDude
Full Member
It came in around one month after the offer.Did your offer come at the same time as your acceptance or after?
GodFirst07
Full Member
Do you mind sharing your LM?It came in around one month after the offer.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
LM 70!Do you mind sharing your LM?
negative :///, its been over 6 weeks nowDid your thank you message disappear?
Me too fam, me toonegative :///, its been over 6 weeks now
Did you get an email or was it through the portal? Congrats btw!They are a thing. I recieved one last month, not sure about its timeline.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
Thank you! Email from the financial aid office.Did you get an email or was it through the portal? Congrats btw!
GodFirst07
Full Member
Thank you! Email from the financial aid office.
I was under the impression that Creighton did not offer merit scholarships, only based on service & leadership. Was the scholarship called anything?Thank you! Email from the financial aid office.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
It’s based on academic and service recognitions.I was under the impression that Creighton did not offer merit scholarships, only based on service & leadership. Was the scholarship called anything?
Jayjay7737
Full Member
Anyone on the alternate list have any updates to your portal today? Or received a call?
D
deleted1167714
No, have you?Anyone on the alternate list have any updates to your portal today? Or received a call?
Jayjay7737
Full Member
Sadly not yet. I remember in my feedback session with Ryan Wessel, he said they were going to review AL on 01/04 and release decisions on 01/08.No, have you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1177773
Are they still interviewing?
D
deleted1167714
Do you know if our portals would update before Monday?Sadly not yet. I remember in my feedback session with Ryan Wessel, he said they were going to review AL on 01/04 and release decisions on 01/08.
Jayjay7737
Full Member
I don’t know. I was hoping it was going to be like how it is for normal decisions: portal message disappears Thurs-Fri and then a decision on Monday. But I am not sure how it works for WLDo you know if our portals would update before Monday?
D
deleted1167714
I mean my portal message disappeared a few months ago when I got my alternate list decision.I don’t know. I was hoping it was going to be like how it is for normal decisions: portal message disappears Thurs-Fri and then a decision on Monday. But I am not sure how it works for WL
Jayjay7737
Full Member
Yeah that’s the normal changes after your interview when you first find out about an A or WL. For waitlist (at least for the April/May review), from previous threads, the “A decision has been made on your application. Click to review your next steps” message disappears when you get off the WLI mean my portal message disappeared a few months ago when I got my alternate list decision.
nontrad888
Full Member
Is it weird that I have no portal message? I interviewed in December right before they were going on break. My portal looks exactly the same now as before the interview? Everyone is always mentioning their portal message so I'm a little concerned that mine doesn't have one.
D
deleted1167714
What do you mean no portal message?Is it weird that I have no portal message? I interviewed in December right before they were going on break. My portal looks exactly the same now as before the interview? Everyone is always mentioning their portal message so I'm a little concerned that mine doesn't have one.
nontrad888
Full Member
Everyone is always talking about a portal message and how it disappears before the decision. But mine still looks the same as after I submitted my secondary.What do you mean no portal message?
D
deleted1167714
What tab on the application are you looking at?Everyone is always talking about a portal message and how it disappears before the decision. But mine still looks the same as after I submitted my secondary.
nontrad888
Full Member
What tab should I be looking at?What tab on the application are you looking at?
I thought that happened after the thank you message disappeared and that means a decision has been madeWhat tab on the application are you looking at?
The check status tabWhat tab should I be looking at?
nontrad888
Full Member
Got it. Thanks. I see the little paragraph up top. I appreciate your help! I was looking for some big huge statement of some sort.The check status tab
No problem! Do you still have the thank you message then?Got it. Thanks. I see the little paragraph up top. I appreciate your help! I was looking for some big huge statement of some sort.
nontrad888
Full Member
Yes I do.No problem! Do you still have the thank you message then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So WL applicants find out tomorrow if they got off the WL? That's so nervewracking
Edit: My decision message didn't disappear... hoping that the disappearing act doesn't apply for these WL decisions
Edit: My decision message didn't disappear... hoping that the disappearing act doesn't apply for these WL decisions
Jayjay7737
Full Member
Yeah my message hasn’t changed either. From prior threads though, it seems that people are called on the Thursday/Friday before the Monday decisions are released. I really really hope that this is not the case for this cycle but you never know. Hoping the best for all of us on the WL. If anything we’ll have to wait until May.So WL applicants find out tomorrow if they got off the WL? That's so nervewracking
Edit: My decision message didn't disappear... hoping that the disappearing act doesn't apply for these WL decisions
Edit: From prior threads, it seem’s that people are usually called only when getting off the waitlist. If you get an A straight up, you just get an email.
That’s disheartening seeing as I didn’t receive any call😅 I’m wondering if I sent in my update letter too late as I submitted it the day before the committee was supposed to meet. I really hope the call thing isn’t the case for every person accepted off the WL in Jan but I checked and it looks like your statement is correct according to previous threads.Yeah my message hasn’t changed either. From prior threads though, it seems that people are called on the Thursday/Friday before the Monday decisions are released. I really really hope that this is not the case for this cycle but you never know. Hoping the best for all of us on the WL. If anything we’ll have to wait until May.
Edit: From prior threads, it seem’s that people are usually called only when getting off the waitlist. If you get an A straight up, you just get an email.
Jayjay7737
Full Member
According to Creighton’s website, the Omaha campus is going to be closed today due to weather. Don’t know if this will affect any new IIs or waitlist movement today, but either way Stay Safe ADCOM!
The pop-up saying a "decision has been made on your application" disappeared on my portal but I haven't heard anything yet regarding my WL movementI don’t know. I was hoping it was going to be like how it is for normal decisions: portal message disappears Thurs-Fri and then a decision on Monday. But I am not sure how it works for WL
burntasian
Full Member
Hopefully that’s good news for you! My pop-up is still there 🫣The pop-up saying a "decision has been made on your application" disappeared on my portal but I haven't heard anything yet regarding my WL movement
Jayjay7737
Full Member
When did you notice this?The pop-up saying a "decision has been made on your application" disappeared on my portal but I haven't heard anything yet regarding my WL movement
Edit: It’s likely you have been accepted off the WL based on past trends. Congrats hopefully!
Last edited:
Hmm I only recently checked the portal this morning which was when I saw the message disappear. When I sent in my update on 1/1/2024 evening, the pop-up was still there. I feel like I'm being a little paranoid and worrying that something went wrong since I never got a confirmation email/message that I accepted my place on the alternate list back when I got the WL decision (I'm not sure if this is the case for you guys?). Hoping you all will hear some good news soon!When did you notice this?
Edit: It’s likely you have been accepted off the WL based on past trends. Congrats hopefully!
Jayjay7737
Full Member
Let us know if you hear something! Wishing you the best!Hmm I only recently checked the portal this morning which was when I saw the message disappear. When I sent in my update on 1/1/2024 evening, the pop-up was still there. I feel like I'm being a little paranoid and worrying that something went wrong since I never got a confirmation email/message that I accepted my place on the alternate list back when I got the WL decision (I'm not sure if this is the case for you guys?). Hoping you all will hear some good news soon!
Not sure if I may be overthinking this but I was interviewed yesterday by an Omaha M2 student and Omaha faculty member and I am wondering if someone knows if this is an indicator of which campus they are considering for me. On my application, I slotted my preference for the Phoenix campus.
I don't think it matters. I was interviewed by a Phoenix M2 and an Omaha faculty member. I selected Omaha as my campus preference and received it.Not sure if I may be overthinking this but I was interviewed yesterday by an Omaha M2 student and Omaha faculty member and I am wondering if someone knows if this is an indicator of which campus they are considering for me. On my application, I slotted my preference for the Phoenix campus.
D
deleted1150307
Also interviewed by a Phoenix M2 and indicated Omaha as my campus, I do not think it matters!Not sure if I may be overthinking this but I was interviewed yesterday by an Omaha M2 student and Omaha faculty member and I am wondering if someone knows if this is an indicator of which campus they are considering for me. On my application, I slotted my preference for the Phoenix campus.
GodFirst07
Full Member
Seconding thisAlso interviewed by a Phoenix M2 and indicated Omaha as my campus, I do not think it matters!
beepboopbop123
New Member
A from the WL!! Saw it on my portal this morning. My “decision has been made” message disappeared last week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1A from the WL!! Saw it on my portal this morning. My “decision has been made” message disappeared last week.
Good luck to everyone else waiting for news!
futurephysician1994
Full Member
Anyone know if they're getting towards the end of II? Completed back in 09/2023 and have heard nothing since lol
Jayjay7737
Full Member
Congrats for getting off the WL! What did you guys do to get off? Any significant changes/updates?
Thank you! The one on one Zoom meeting offered to WL applicants helped a good amount imo since you got a good vibe of the expectations/impressions the adcoms had of your app. I did not really add on any new activities or had significant jumps in my current hours (ie. it was just consistent with the pace I was already doing). But I was really just following the advice tailored to my app; it very likely depends on the applicant and what the adcoms felt needed improvement since I could imagine scenarios where people might needed to add on a significant amount of hours/a new experience. So I'd just say keep sending in consistent updates and continue to improve your app based on adcom recommendations! Also probably helps to mention projected hours if you are adding clinical/volunteer/etc experiences if you are able. Hope this helps a bit...good luck!Congrats for getting off the WL! What did you guys do to get off? Any significant changes/updates?
wembanyama
New Member
No. I was interviewed by Nebraska people but my preference/acceptance is PhoenixNot sure if I may be overthinking this but I was interviewed yesterday by an Omaha M2 student and Omaha faculty member and I am wondering if someone knows if this is an indicator of which campus they are considering for me. On my application, I slotted my preference for the Phoenix campus.