2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure if I may be overthinking this but I was interviewed yesterday by an Omaha M2 student and Omaha faculty member and I am wondering if someone knows if this is an indicator of which campus they are considering for me. On my application, I slotted my preference for the Phoenix campus.
No. I was interviewed by Nebraska people but my preference/acceptance is Phoenix

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if I may be overthinking this but I was interviewed yesterday by an Omaha M2 student and Omaha faculty member and I am wondering if someone knows if this is an indicator of which campus they are considering for me. On my application, I slotted my preference for the Phoenix campus.
At their info session, they stated that their adcom is blind to your campus preference when making final decisions, and accepted students are admitted to the campus of their choice with few exceptions (e.g. late waitlist pull). IIRC they claimed that, since opening the 4-year campus in Phoenix in 2021, only about 5 matriculants have been admitted to the campus they did not opt for

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you message disappeared and interviewed week of 11/17, praying for the A.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you all include any updates in your LOI or did you save your updates for the update portion on the portal?

Just checked the portal and got the A! So thankful! Interviewed week of 11/17.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the alternate list. Much love to everyone getting the better A!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Secondary complete 8/28
II 11/21, Interviewed last week of November
Update and interest letter 1/3
A today :happy:

Hope to meet some of you soon!

Did you all include any updates in your LOI or did you save your updates for the update portion on the portal?
I included all my updates in my LOI cause I didn't know they had different document types lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary complete 8/28
II 11/21, Interviewed last week of November
Update and interest letter 1/3
A today :happy:

Hope to meet some of you soon!
If you don't mind, when did you interview? I interviewed on Wed but my portal status hasn't changed.

Got the A today! So excited that I get to be a doctor!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! So happy to hear all this good news coming into the new year :) ur hard work paid off!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed last week and they emailed the information like around 7 am the day of my interview including the name and whether faculty or student. Good luck to you!
Oh that's interesting, I didn't find out until I joined the zoom for my first interview when the host gave me their names and emails.

I'm a bit confused about the thank you message everyone talks about -- I interviewed early December and this is what my status page looks like, hasn't changed. Is this what I'm supposed to see?

Attachments

• CreightonStatus.png
    CreightonStatus.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 133
Oh that's interesting, I didn't find out until I joined the zoom for my first interview when the host gave me their names and emails.
Interesting, thank you for sharing, I just looked back at the email and in fact they typically go over these interview day information/ names of interviewers when we join the call when the host goes over them immediately before starting the actual interviews. However, it stated that last week they happened to have a higher volume of interviews so they sent it in email form to expedite the process. I am not sure if anyone interviewing in the future will get an email of interviewers' names. Sorry for the confusion I did not read fully at first.

Anyone else still on the alternate list but got an invite to the admitted students day? Do they send these to alternates??

• Hmm
Anyone else still on the alternate list but got an invite to the admitted students day? Do they send these to alternates??
I just got a call from the Director of Admissions saying that it was a mistake due to a system error 😂😭 and that even people who havent interviewed yet got an invite hahahaha

• Wow
If you don't mind, when did you interview? I interviewed on Wed but my portal status hasn't changed.
My interview activities concluded on 12/1. I hope you hear back soon!

From what I remember, they said our group would hear back on Jan 15 or Jan 22.

did you already receive a scholarship offer? if so, (congrats!) and also when did you interview?
Sorry for the late response but yes I did! I interviewed pretty early in the cycle w/ A in October. Also as an answer to my own question, no: accepting funds is not binding.

• Wow
OOS II yesterday!! eek i’m so excited but also stressed

Recently got an II, would folks know how to go about changing the campus preference? I remember when I was filling out the secondary I put Omaha but now prefer Phoenix

Recently got an II, would folks know how to go about changing the campus preference? I remember when I was filling out the secondary I put Omaha but now prefer Phoenix

During your info session they go over this! You just have to send in an update with your preference I’m pretty sure!

You can just send an email to admissions. My suggestion would be to wait until after your interview/info session (they give you a few days after to submit a preference change) so you can ask questions and learn more about each campus

For the Friday session, should I expect any questions to applicants or is it a true Q&A that doesn't impact admissions?

this might have been asked before but what is the dress code for the Friday session?

this might have been asked before but what is the dress code for the Friday session?
I am not sure what they said but in my interview, everyone was dressed in professional attire especially we met the deans for the welcome session. I would dress more formally just in case.

I am not sure what they said but in my interview, everyone was dressed in professional attire especially we met the deans for the welcome session. I would dress more formally just in case.
Agree with this 100%. Dress just as you would for your interview!

Is there a group for accepted students? (PHX)

OOS II last wednesday. Submitted a couple updates in november but no interest/intent letter sent yet. LM 72

A! First of the cycle. I am stunned.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users