2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how does it work with campus placement? in the interview are they already interviewing us for a certain campus? or do we pick later on?
you already picked a campus preference in your secondary and I think they usually honor that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
how does it work with campus placement? in the interview are they already interviewing us for a certain campus? or do we pick later on?
Per their info session, the committee is blind to your campus preference when they make decisions on who to admit. When you are admitted, you are admitted to the campus in which you indicated preference for. Since they started the 4-year campus in Phoenix, they've had ~5 students admitted from the alternate list who did not get their campus preference.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first A!!!

LM 69
Complete 08/24
Interview week 11/06
Phoenix campus

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
OOS A Phoenix campus! Interview week 11/6

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
can anyone who's interviewed so far speak on the level fo difficulty/vibe of the interview?

can anyone who's interviewed so far speak on the level fo difficulty/vibe of the interview?
I thought the interview was really chill and conversational tbh compared to other schools

I had a great experience with my student interviewer. It was a great conversation and pretty relaxed. That wasn’t the case with my faculty interview unfortunately. I’m not convinced the person even read my application. I got zero questions on anything from my application or about me personally. Only asked me questions for 10 minutes and I had to fill the next 15 minutes with my own questions.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Having to schedule 3 days worth of events for 1 school is not that convenient

Damn I feel like I just got stress tested by my faculty interviewer … has anyone else had this experience

• Wow
I had a great experience with my student interviewer. It was a great conversation and pretty relaxed. That wasn’t the case with my faculty interview unfortunately. I’m not convinced the person even read my application. I got zero questions on anything from my application or about me personally. Only asked me questions for 10 minutes and I had to fill the next 15 minutes with my own questions.
Same for me. Student interview was great but faculty interviewer seemed kinda disinterested.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My faculty interviewer was incredibly warm and really easy to hold a conversation with -- seemed like she just wanted to get to know me. Student interviewer was also very kind but not as interested, seemed like she had a list of questions to get through and not a lot of time for conversation.

Faculty interviewer was very clear that she had read my application thoroughly, student interviewer didn't seem very familiar with my experiences at all.

Personally my interview experience at Creighton was one of the best experiences I had this whole cycle. The faculty interviewer was so warm and friendly. They took the time to really get to know me through conversation. The student interview was also very nice and welcoming.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Personally my interview experience at Creighton was one of the best experiences I had this whole cycle. The faculty interviewer was so warm and friendly. They took the time to really get to know me through conversation. The student interview was also very nice and welcoming.
wtf mine literally was the opposite 😭 the faculty member didn't acknowledge anything i was saying and right as i finished every answer she threw the next question at me with a straight face. guess i took the L on this one

• Wow
wtf mine literally was the opposite 😭 the faculty member didn't acknowledge anything i was saying and right as i finished every answer she threw the next question at me with a straight face. guess i took the L on this one
Wow, that does sound crazy. But I still think you can get the A!

I had the exact same faculty interview experience and I got accepted!

They may have been doing a try not to smile challenge... and it sounds like they won :lol:. No but in all seriousness, I wouldn't be too worried about it. As long as you feel like you spoke to why you fit the mission of Creighton, you will most likely be fine!!! I wish you best in getting that A!

• Haha
IS(AZ) II!
Complete 8/12
Totally shocked I was patiently waiting for my R from this school.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS A on 12/17! Interviewed on 11/6 and 11/7 but didn't complete the required info session until 11/17. My first A, and I'm so so thankful! Let me know if you have any questions :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I realized there is a place to upload it. What format or how is the best way to talk about new activities. I didn't realize there is a different section for each type of new update. If I have two new clinical activities should I put it in the same PDF?

Congrats! How far out are they scheduling if you don't mind my asking?
They did have several dates in January almost every week day soonest was 1/8 and since I already scheduled I can’t go back now to see how far out there are openings without calling admissions I am sorry!

Does anyone remember when they hold committee meetings? I think it was Thursdays but I'm unsure. Just wanted to make sure of the timing for my update letter.

Does anyone remember when they hold committee meetings? I think it was Thursdays but I'm unsure. Just wanted to make sure of the timing for my update letter.
It is Thursdays but I am unsure if they are still on break. I interviewed the week of 11/17 and attended the 11/17 info session and have had no change to my status. Did you also interview that week?

It is Thursdays but I am unsure if they are still on break. I interviewed the week of 11/17 and attended the 11/17 info session and have had no change to my status. Did you also interview that week?
I interviewed 11/30 and was told the committee would likely meet on Thursdays 1/11 or 1/18 for us. Chances are they might meet for you next week on 1/4. Decisions will be sent on Monday.

I realized there is a place to upload it. What format or how is the best way to talk about new activities. I didn't realize there is a different section for each type of new update. If I have two new clinical activities should I put it in the same PDF?
I also had a question on this- can a second update override the first update? I realized I made a mistake after I uploaded my update :'(

Thanks! And no, i interviewed in September and got placed in alternate status so I wanted to send a letter before they review alternates. GL!

Probably a dumb question but is accepting scholarship funds binding?
I don't believe so. Scholarship money will typically be paid to your school to defray tuition expenses and if you don't end up going there, the money is not given to you and might be re-awarded to someone else.

• Wow
Manifesting some A's for us tomorrow
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons