2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Other than location, weather, COL, etc., does anyone think there’s any difference whatsoever between the Omaha and Phoenix campus? I’m talking difference with research opportunities or exposure to various specialties? I have NO idea which campus to choose and NO idea which field of medicine I want to pursue, so I just want to keep my options as open as possible. Things like location matter very little to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Other than location, weather, COL, etc., does anyone think there’s any difference whatsoever between the Omaha and Phoenix campus? I’m talking difference with research opportunities or exposure to various specialties? I have NO idea which campus to choose and NO idea which field of medicine I want to pursue, so I just want to keep my options as open as possible. Things like location matter very little to me.
Im wondering this as well. I was accepted to PHX but I am worried about a difference in research opportunities

With on-campus research opportunities, the Omaha campus has a huge advantage because it's more established and has proximity and connection to all of the labs with the undergraduate campus + PhD programs. The professors and advisors will definitely have opportunities for students, but Phoenix holds many opportunities for student research at facilities like Mayo Clinic, NIDDK, Barrow's, and TGen, not to mention research with medical practices.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My thank you message just disappeared! Interviewed December 11.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
No I don’t have an invite. Do you?
Yes. But I selected the Phx campus. Based on earlier messages I think it's a glitch in the system. Some students got this message prior to getting the official acceptance and it seems like most of those had the Phx location listed as their campus.

Yes. But I selected the Phx campus. Based on earlier messages I think it's a glitch in the system. Some students got this message prior to getting the official acceptance and it seems like most of those had the Phx location listed as their campus.
Gotcha! Well it sounds like good news is coming your way! I hope you get the A!

Just noticed I selected the Omaha campus, is this decision final? Like, am I interviewing for an A at Omaha? Sorry if it's been asked, haven't been following this thread, was complete in a July and thought I was done here.

This may be neurotic of me but oh well. So I interviewed on 1/12 and was informed that I could expect a decision somewhere between Feb 5 - Feb 19. I uploaded updates to my application on their portal but neglected to upload a letter of intent which they describe in a way that seems more like a letter of interest to me. My understanding is that a letter of intent is more binding/committed and may only be submitted to one school than a letter of interest which can go to however many schools you desire. That said, I am reconsidering whether to upload a letter in their letter of intent spot as I am beginning to think it may look curious why updates were uploaded but that the intent letter which is conveyed in a less binding manner is blank.

What do people think?

Just noticed I selected the Omaha campus, is this decision final? Like, am I interviewing for an A at Omaha? Sorry if it's been asked, haven't been following this thread, was complete in a July and thought I was done here.
So basically they try to match you to the campus you originally selected. However, if you want to change your campus preference, they tell you how to during the interview.

Last edited:
  • Love
So basically try to match you to the campus you originally selected. However, if you want to change your campus preference, they tell you how to during the interview.
Thanks bro

This may be neurotic of me but oh well. So I interviewed on 1/12 and was informed that I could expect a decision somewhere between Feb 5 - Feb 19. I uploaded updates to my application on their portal but neglected to upload a letter of intent which they describe in a way that seems more like a letter of interest to me. My understanding is that a letter of intent is more binding/committed and may only be submitted to one school than a letter of interest which can go to however many schools you desire. That said, I am reconsidering whether to upload a letter in their letter of intent spot as I am beginning to think it may look curious why updates were uploaded but that the intent letter which is conveyed in a less binding manner is blank.

What do people think?
I would personally only upload an intent letter if Creighton is your #1 school that you will attend regardless of other factors like financial aid. I think you already show interest through the update letters you uploaded but the intent is “binding” in a moral sense so you only truly write it if Creighton is your dream school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would personally only upload an intent letter if Creighton is your #1 school that you will attend regardless of other factors like financial aid. I think you already show interest through the update letters you uploaded but the intent is “binding” in a moral sense so you only truly write it if Creighton is your dream school.
Just for context this is what they define as a letter of intent. But yes, I think that I may be reading too much into their wording and how letters of interest/intent are commonly defined.
1706985359685.png

Just for context this is what they define as a letter of intent. But yes, I think that I may be reading too much into their wording and how letters of interest/intent are commonly defined.
View attachment 382017
You should of course do whatever feels right to you, but at my interview the director of admissions said something along the lines of (paraphrasing) "we don't put much stock into letters of intent/consider them binding because people often submit them to many schools or submit them and jump ship later if they get another offer." they said that submission of an update in and of itself is indication of interest and follow-up to them. I know that isn't super helpful but just wanted to offer in case it helps you decide!

You should of course do whatever feels right to you, but at my interview the director of admissions said something along the lines of (paraphrasing) "we don't put much stock into letters of intent/consider them binding because people often submit them to many schools or submit them and jump ship later if they get another offer." they said that submission of an update in and of itself is indication of interest and follow-up to them. I know that isn't super helpful but just wanted to offer in case it helps you decide!
Oh okay, thank you. Yes, that does help to appease my mind some. I am just praying that I can avoid yet another WL and remove myself from the land of uncertainty.

• Care
for anyone who has interviewed: how was your interview experience? mine is this week and i’m kinda stressed 🙃

for anyone who has interviewed: how was your interview experience? mine is this week and i’m kinda stressed 🙃
I interviewed back in October and I can say without a doubt that Creighton's interview is really relaxed, and one of the best interview experiences I have had this cycle. My interviewers really took the time to understand who I was and also my interests in Creighton + service. Good luck with the interview, you got this!

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed back in October and I can say without a doubt that Creighton's interview is really relaxed, and one of the best interview experiences I have had this cycle. My interviewers really took the time to understand who I was and also my interests in Creighton + service. Good luck with the interview, you got this!
+1. One of the more enjoyable interviews I've had

Reactions: 3 users
For a different perspective, my student interview was relaxed and super great, but my faculty interview was more a list of traditional interview questions rather than conversational getting to know me. I definitely felt stressed after the faculty one.

if the thank you message disappears, does that jsut mean a decision has been made? or that you got the A?

Interviewed 12/11, alternate list… do they even send posts II R’s?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear as to a decision after interview?

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear as to a decision after interview?

They told us on 1/26 that we would likely hear back 3/4 or 3/11

Anybody from 12/11 interview week have no update / result yet? Thought we were supposed to hear back by today!

how do I know if im accepted phoenix or Omaha and can I change?
When you log onto the applicant portal, you should see "A decision has been made on your application. Click to review". Once you click review, your campus should be stated at the top of that page.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but will they send you the information/names of your interviewers? I want to send a thank you email but I don’t remember their names :(

Can someone please explain just the interview day to me a little. Not the questions or anything just how many people interview you and who (student, faculty, or doctors) they are please and thank you!

Can someone please explain just the interview day to me a little. Not the questions or anything just how many people interview you and who (student, faculty, or doctors) they are please and thank you!
I think it was a multiple day thing IIRC (was several months ago). Pretty sure I had 1 student and 1 doctor. You can choose when each of the interviews are with a lot of flexibility.

We had two interviews in Omaha time, one with a student and one with faculty, spread out during the week. Following this, there was a group zoom session on Friday where they went over curriculum and next steps. Lots of flexibility with choosing dates and times - I ended up taking just 2-3 hours off from work total. The student interview was very conversational and chill. The faculty interview was a little bit more stressful for me. Both the student and faculty knew my app and essays really well and asked specific questions. The whole process felt super wholesome.

Thank you message disappeared for me, and I saw an invite to Admitted Student Day in Omaha! Interviewed week of 1/12 OOS

Does anyone know if Creighton offers any scholarships?

Thank you message disappeared for me, and I saw an invite to Admitted Student Day in Omaha! Interviewed week of 1/12 OOS

Does anyone know if Creighton offers any scholarships?
Right there with you! Thank you message is gone and an invite for Omaha appeared for me too. Also OOS and interviewed 1/12.

• Love
How come I can RSVP for admitted student day before receiving direct communication from Creighton? Also, this means I am accepted right? My excitement has turned into disbelief that I may be accepted.

Edit: Is this real? I do not want to touch the RSVP yet.

Last edited:
I think something may be up with the system, tbh. When I got my acceptance email and looked at my decision letter on the portal, the date on the letter was about 5 days before I got the email. I may have been admitted a little earlier than I was notified by email, but I was honestly too excited to care 🤷‍♀

How come I can RSVP for admitted student day before receiving direct communication from Creighton? Also, this means I am accepted right? My excitement has turned into disbelief that I may be accepted.

Edit: Is this real? I do not want to touch the RSVP yet.
I hope it’s real and not just an error because it’s kind of not official yet and confusing but seeing the invitation seems to be an acceptance

I hope it’s real and not just an error because it’s kind of not official yet and confusing but seeing the invitation seems to be an acceptance
This happened to me. In the portal I was able to RSVP for admitted day on Friday the following Monday I got my acceptance email. I don’t want to get your hopes up but that is what happened to me right before I got accepted :) don't be alarmed if you also get a background check email from aamc. I got this email as well before I got my official acceptance email from Creighton!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
This happened to me. In the portal I was able to RSVP for admitted day on Friday the following Monday I got my acceptance email. I don’t want to get your hopes up but that is what happened to me right before I got accepted :) don't be alarmed if you also get a background check email from aamc. I got this email as well before I got my official acceptance email from Creighton!
Thank you for sharing this and congratulations! ☺️