2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Phoenix IS applicant just got email stating I was added to Alternate list. LM 69ish
I will likely be withdrawing my app since I did get accepted to cheaper schools, so good luck to everyone this cycle!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance email received today for the Omaha campus! Very grateful but might be withdrawing if end up being more expensive

Phoenix IS applicant just got email stating I was added to Alternate list. LM 69ish
I will likely be withdrawing my app since I did get accepted to cheaper schools, so good luck to everyone this cycle!! :)
when was your interview?

OOS II just now! LM ~70, complete late july, scheduling until Feb 23rd

Reactions: 4 users
question about update letters - should I include activities that were not on my AMCAS application but aren’t “updates” (not completed in the past year)? for example I have a few one or two time volunteer activities that didn’t fit on my AMCAS but were meaningful

question about update letters - should I include activities that were not on my AMCAS application but aren’t “updates” (not completed in the past year)? for example I have a few one or two time volunteer activities that didn’t fit on my AMCAS but were meaningful
The application has specific update sections for volunteering, research, etc. This gives you the opportunity to add experiences that didn't fit on your AMCAS list.

Anyone interview the week of Jan 15th and still waiting to hear back? No change in the thank you message on my end

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm considering switching my campus preference but just want to confirm that this has no bearing on my chances of getting accepted? I know they stressed on interview day that ad coms were blinded to your preference but I also noticed the Phoenix campus has fewer seats

I'm considering switching my campus preference but just want to confirm that this has no bearing on my chances of getting accepted? I know they stressed on interview day that ad coms were blinded to your preference but I also noticed the Phoenix campus has fewer seats
Correct.

Is there a groupme for admitted students in Omaha? I know someone mentioned one for Phoenix a while back.

I am debating submitting another update with significant information, but do not know if they are still even interviewing. Is it a waste?

For people going to the admitted student day tomorrow (Phoenix), is there a dress code?

For people going to the admitted student day tomorrow (Phoenix), is there a dress code?
It said business casual I think but it seems like a fair amount of walking around the campus so I was planning on sneakers and medium-nice clothes? But not a suit or anything like that

Has anyone who interviewed week of 1/19 had the thank you message disappear? based on earlier posts, it looked like they were going to release our decisions a week early but maybe not :/

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed week of 2/19 had the thank you message disappear? based on earlier posts, it looked like they were going to release our decisions a week early but maybe not :/
Nothing on my end so far, sucks it’s been forever waiting for a decision 😭

Any current students have recommendations for housing in the phoenix campus?

Just withdrew my A from the Phoenix campus today, hopefully that means good news for someone else soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my pre-II R, but wow, good on Creighton for offering a zoom session to help improve applications!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone!

Congrats to all of you who have received interviews or acceptances so far at Creighton during this cycle!! As you probably know, it is such an incredible achievement to even enter into this unforgiving process in the first place. I remember just how stressful these months likely have been and will continue to be for each and every one of you, but please continue to stay strong through it all. There is light at the end of the tunnel 😊

I am currently an M1 at Creighton SOM, and I honestly could not be happier to have picked this school as the place I will be spending the next few years of my life. I have many friends from undergrad who currently attend different medical schools throughout the country, and please believe me when I tell you that compared to others, Creighton fosters a far more stress-free and collaborative environment which has been such a blessing for my wellbeing amidst the inherent pressures of school. You will not regret your choice to attend here.

One of the first hurdles of your medical school journey will of course be finding housing, so in anticipation of some of y’all’s commitments to Creighton, I wanted to quickly plug my wonderful house as an option to consider!! The Creighton Phi Chi Medical Fraternity is a co-ed living community that includes students in all four years of medical school who will quickly become your best friends and serve as your mentors as you grow into your new home. We are like a big happy family living together in a huge mansion located a mere block away from the famous Blackstone district in Omaha. Some of my favorite parts of living here have been coming back home from class to a yummy dinner made by a different one of my roommates each and every night, and eating all together at the dining table to exchange laughter and stories from the day. I cannot imagine how much more difficult my adjustment to medical school would have been had I not been surrounded by these housemates of mine. Plus, we have by far the cheapest rent in all of Omaha --- and even better, we have our food budget included in our rent, so you won’t even have to pay for your meals if you live here!!

If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!

Hey everyone!

Congrats to all of you who have received interviews or acceptances so far at Creighton during this cycle!! As you probably know, it is such an incredible achievement to even enter into this unforgiving process in the first place. I remember just how stressful these months likely have been and will continue to be for each and every one of you, but please continue to stay strong through it all. There is light at the end of the tunnel 😊

I am currently an M1 at Creighton SOM, and I honestly could not be happier to have picked this school as the place I will be spending the next few years of my life. I have many friends from undergrad who currently attend different medical schools throughout the country, and please believe me when I tell you that compared to others, Creighton fosters a far more stress-free and collaborative environment which has been such a blessing for my wellbeing amidst the inherent pressures of school. You will not regret your choice to attend here.

One of the first hurdles of your medical school journey will of course be finding housing, so in anticipation of some of y’all’s commitments to Creighton, I wanted to quickly plug my wonderful house as an option to consider!! The Creighton Phi Chi Medical Fraternity is a co-ed living community that includes students in all four years of medical school who will quickly become your best friends and serve as your mentors as you grow into your new home. We are like a big happy family living together in a huge mansion located a mere block away from the famous Blackstone district in Omaha. Some of my favorite parts of living here have been coming back home from class to a yummy dinner made by a different one of my roommates each and every night, and eating all together at the dining table to exchange laughter and stories from the day. I cannot imagine how much more difficult my adjustment to medical school would have been had I not been surrounded by these housemates of mine. Plus, we have by far the cheapest rent in all of Omaha --- and even better, we have our food budget included in our rent, so you won’t even have to pay for your meals if you live here!!

If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!
Also, for those of you coming to the March accepted student day next week, Phi Chi is having an open house on Saturday March 9th from 9am-12pm. Feel free to stop by anytime that morning, we would love to meet you all and tell you more about how awesome it is to live at Phi Chi!! Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions. We will also be hosting an open house after the accepted student day on April 6th for those of you who can't make it this time.

Thank you message disappeared today but don’t see the admitted student day, is it a waitlist for me?

Thank you message disappeared today but don’t see the admitted student day, is it a waitlist for me?
When did you interview? My thank you message is still there, and I interviewed the week of 1/15 :'')