2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got accepted off the waitlist (OOS) on Saturday 5/4 at 4:18 PM Eastern via email. I'm a non-traditional applicant and was top tier waitlist.

Timeline in hopes it helps someone: primary submitted 8/11/2023, secondary invite received 8/21/2023, secondary submitted 10/10/2023, interview invite 3/15/2024 via phone call, interview 3/27/2024, waitlisted 4/17/2024.
 
Seems like the tiers don't matter too much! Congrats!!!
Really in some ways they don't. It's all about hitting goals for all the various categories of students. So schools will leap all over the applicant pool to meet their pre-determined ratios. If anyone thought the Supreme Court ruling was going to affect college admissions they had no understanding that colleges had already taken steps to ensure they could get around that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got the A and also cheering on the best for everyone still waiting to hear back!

Here is the link for the accepted students Facebook page for EVMS MD c/o 2028. GroupMe and other important/relevant links will be contained within it!

Also, to the person who asked if we have mandatory lectures: no (thankfully lol). You can choose to go if you want, but the lectures are also recorded and posted to a video portal for those who want to watch it at their own pace
 
Wondering if there will be some movement next week after the med master's students get their acceptances (I think graduation was today, and I know they find out post grad) and they get an idea of how many MM students will accept?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend who's an M1 at EVMS informed me that the medical school is officially changing its name to reflect the merger with ODU...So those of us who think we're getting our MD degree from "eastern virginia medical school", we're not....
 
My friend who's an M1 at EVMS informed me that the medical school is officially changing its name to reflect the merger with ODU...So those of us who think we're getting our MD degree from "eastern virginia medical school", we're not....
I was told by the directer of admissions that the opposite was true and that EMVS would never be changing their name.
 
Does ODU x EVMS mean we'll have more research for residents and students, I wonder what other things will happen because of it. I'm pretty sure EVMS students can use the gym at ODU starting in July which is pretty neat.
 
I was told by the directer of admissions that the opposite was true and that EMVS would never be changing their name.
Things have changed in the last couple months-- The admissions department and many other faculty didn't even know until just recently
 
Last edited:
Does ODU x EVMS mean we'll have more research for residents and students, I wonder what other things will happen because of it. I'm pretty sure EVMS students can use the gym at ODU starting in July which is pretty neat.
No idea about research but definitely more facilities!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad