2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A question for folks who have been Accepted: has GW published the date/schedule for the 2024 WhiteCoat Ceremony?
I don't believe so. I also haven't had any communication from them since the A

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
A question for folks who have been Accepted: has GW published the date/schedule for the 2024 WhiteCoat Ceremony?
Looks like the past two years its been the first weekend/Friday of August. This year it was the 5th.

Reactions: 1 user
GW interview!
Secondary: 8/31/23
Surprised since I received the secondary back in July and just delayed doing it

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the interview day just an interview? Or is there an admission overview/faculty panel/student panel? I couldn't find any information on this.

Is the interview day just an interview? Or is there an admission overview/faculty panel/student panel? I couldn't find any information on this.

From the info I got, I believe it’s just interviews this year. It seems their slides/resources were outdated / refer to an all day thing but I believe since COVID it’s been online only

Just one 25-minute interview, but they give you access to a website with a bunch of info and a recorded student panel. They also invite you to tours. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
if we just got placed on hold what r the chances of even getting an II

if we just got placed on hold what r the chances of even getting an II
everyone gets placed on hold after review. A good way to gauge chances is to see if you survive R waves after being placed on hold

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Pre-II R today, was put on hold 12/9 after being complete 9/17. LM 69. Best wishes to everybody still in the running!

Reactions: 3 users
Been on hold since summer but still holding onto hope lol! Submitted secondary 7/12.

Still on hold since early August. Must have missed another R wave.

Still on hold since early August. Must have missed another R wave.
wait do they send the R emails out at exactly the same time or is it staggered ... i just checked my portal and it was still the hold message :oops:

Pleasantly surprised that GW didn’t reject me in the first R wave after being placed on hold. No love from DMV schools this cycle

haven’t gotten any email yet but just checked the portal and was put on hold, complete 9/9

Placed on the alternate list, interviewed 12/5. GW was my top choice, so bummed to hear this, but hoping for good news in the spring. Do folks have additional insight on the alternate process?

• Care
FOR STATS: submitted 9/26, put on hold 12/11.

As a non-trad, GW is high on my list because my partner is a government civil servant, so the DMV is a great location for us. I'm glad GW updates the portal to hold because most other schools I feel like I'm in limbo, and since I applied late idk if my application has been reviewed by some schools.

Placed on the alternate list, interviewed 12/5. GW was my top choice, so bummed to hear this, but hoping for good news in the spring. Do folks have additional insight on the alternate process?

Yooo, this has me prickling with anxiety lol. I interviewed the same time frame and wasn’t expecting to hear back before EOY

To get a better sense of the alternate list, I recommend reading past SDN threads. It looks like the list is huge (one of the years it was like 300+ people?) but people do get accepted off of it.

OOS II today after being on hold since August! I sent an update letter in November. LM 69! So excited!!

Question for folks who have already interviewed - I’ll be traveling on the specific day GW gave me to interview. How should I phrase the email asking to reschedule/should I give them new availability?

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II today after being on hold since August! I sent an update letter in November. LM 69! So excited!!

Question for folks who have already interviewed - I’ll be traveling on the specific day GW gave me to interview. How should I phrase the email asking to reschedule/should I give them new availability?
Congrats!! Did you ever get confirmation that your update was received?

just checked the portal and found I'm placed on hold, complete 11/19

Waiting to hear back post-II and they send this invite for an on campus visit but no admissions decision my heart hurts

Just checked my portal because I submitted my secondary to GW on 10/9 and haven't heard anything. My portal says "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date."

What exactly does this mean and is there a chance I get an II from GW?

Just checked my portal because I submitted my secondary to GW on 10/9 and haven't heard anything. My portal says "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date."

What exactly does this mean and is there a chance I get an II from GW?
that just means you are on hold! Most people end up on hold but yes there is still a chance you can get an II. It is just part of their process