You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 George Washington
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I survived the R wave, but for how long? 😳
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Pre II R LM 76 complete 7/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strangething
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete 7/27, placed on Hold sometime in October
Me too...guess we live on to fight another day.I survived the R wave, but for how long? 😳
drzennywenny
Full Member
Pre-II R today. Put on hold 10/17. LM 75, complete 8/1. Sad boy hours rn, but we move forward!
D
deleted1177770
big R wave today 🙁 unfortunately did not survive lol. Hate that they put so many people on hold, false hope
hopefulnon
New Member
Also pre-II R, was put on hold a few days ago 🙁
D
deleted1167714
+1 Pre-II R, complete 07/27 and placed on hold in October
alt list just now, interviewed mid-october
D
deleted1169361
alt list just now as well, interviewed nov 2
winter_is_coming
New Member
+1alt list just now, interviewed mid-october
D
deleted1176930
do we think they're done sending out ILs until after thanksgiving, or are we anticipating another wave on mon/tues?
Is there still hope for an interview lol been on hold for a while
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think anyone really knows, I have been complete since end of august and no hold or update at all lol. Some holds turn into II’s and it’s just too early to tellComplete 11/18 lol ik, but I requested a fee waiver cause I literally could not afford another secondary fee :/ but checked the portal today and got put on hold that's pretty quick, guessing not good.
We love the waiting game, praying to the AMCAS gods :/ good luck to you!I don’t think anyone really knows, I have been complete since end of august and no hold or update at all lol. Some holds turn into II’s and it’s just too early to tell
Last edited:
You as well 🙂 !We love the waiting game, praying to the AAMC gods :/ good luck to you!
Holy ****, that was quick.Complete 11/18 lol ik, but I requested a fee waiver cause I literally could not afford another secondary fee :/ but checked the portal today and got put on hold that's pretty quick, guessing not good.
Very very quick, I had to reread to make sure cause wow. I didn't know they reviewed things on Saturday, or maybe it's automated?Holy ****, that was quick.
Good point. Maybe the secondaries they get now will get lopped into the review bin automatically.Very very quick, I had to reread to make sure cause wow. I didn't know they reviewed things on Saturday, or maybe it's automated?
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
I'd say no, but if you have crazy stats and $140 to burn then shoot your shot!Is it worth submitting a secondary at this point?
100% no at this point.Is it worth submitting a secondary at this point?
yolo it. they got a deadline for a reason lolIs it worth submitting a secondary at this point?
I mean I do wonder if this school just is grabbing money. The secondary is so odd and shortPre II OOS R after being on hold for a while complete 7/23 LM 70. i’m only upset about this bc the secondary was so fkin expensive
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean I do wonder if this school just is grabbing money with the insane number of applicants.Pre II OOS R after being on hold for a while complete 7/23 LM 70. i’m only upset about this bc the secondary was so fkin expensive
The holds seem fake
jefe_piglet
Full Member
Put on Hold, Complete 8-31
+1 complete 8/30
True. But also, the 140 dollar cost probably decreases the amount of applications they receive because it discourages many who are on the fense from applying.I mean I do wonder if this school just is grabbing money with the insane number of applicants.
The holds seem fake
Complete 8/13 and complete silence — no IIs, no hold, no R. I’m dying to know one way or another where I stand lol.
Same but complete end of augustComplete 8/13 and complete silence — no IIs, no hold, no R. I’m dying to know one way or another where I stand lol.
Complete 8/13 and complete silence — no IIs, no hold, no R. I’m dying to know one way or another where I stand lol.
Also, can someone confirm that the applicant portal is the secondary app portal? I’m so worried that I’ve never actually accessed an “applicant portal”, but I frequently check the portal where I can see my status/secondary app PDF.
ACKjp
Full Member
Yup it’s the same thingAlso, can someone confirm that the applicant portal is the secondary app portal? I’m so worried that I’ve never actually accessed an “applicant portal”, but I frequently check the portal where I can see my status/secondary app PDF.
OOS II. Completed 03Sep23.
Waitlisters: What's your vibe
D
deleted1169361
WaitingWaitlisters: What's your vibe
OMG just checked portal. OOS II not emailed yet
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
OMG just checked portal. OOS II not emailed yet
Did u go from complete to II? Or were you on hold ever?
ii_manifestation
Full Member
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing if you sent an update letter?OMG just checked portal. OOS II not emailed yet
[mention]ishouldnotbehere [/mention] I was never put on a hold
[mention]ii_manifestation [/mention] I did send an update letter!
[mention]ii_manifestation [/mention] I did send an update letter!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
matterbound
New Member
I just checked my portal, and I was put on hold (OOS, LM 70.8, Completed on 8/19). Good luck to everyone[emoji1374]! I am wishing you all the best! [emoji3526]
Just checked my portal for the first time in a while, and I was put on-hold for later re-review. Was complete 08/28
I don't believe so. I also haven't had any communication from them since the AA question for folks who have been Accepted: has GW published the date/schedule for the 2024 WhiteCoat Ceremony?