2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1
put on hold for re-review...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
so is it a bad sign if we don't get put on hold or are both complete and on hold at this point pretty neutral?

Based on my experience last year, it’s very neutral for GW!

Oop now I'm concerned - submitted first day and still just "complete"

There's no way Q5's character limit isn't a mistake right??? I submitted a few days ago but still dwelling on that question because my answer is literally 3 sentences...

ppl on hold- when were you complete? just curious what dates they are going through

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I went from hold -> II so literally hold on lol! Though complete is more wishy washy could be II or straight to pre-II R

Placed on hold for re-review, is there a difference between that and a regular hold?

seems like in years past, “hold” was a soft R and accepted/interviewed applicants went from complete —> II. but it looks like last year was the exception, where many applicants went from hold —> II. love that they’re keeping us on our toes!

• Haha
seems like in years past, “hold” was a soft R and accepted/interviewed applicants went from complete —> II. but it looks like last year was the exception, where many applicants went from hold —> II. love that they’re keeping us on our toes!
That's pretty anecdotal but their site says "Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended."

Reactions: 1 users
That's pretty anecdotal but their site says "Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended."
I think this is true at most schools, but most schools don't tell you that you're a "maybe" for an interview.
This notification lets you know that they have already read your application, which is a good thing, but there is a lot of weeks and months of waiting in this med school application year.

Is it weird to quote myself?? Lol

GW genuinely uses holds as a delay and not as a rejection. I was on hold from July-November my year and still got in post-interview, no waitlist.

There’s like 15k apps a year. Admins probably on triage mode. I wouldn’t read too much into a hold status right now. It is a pretty low yield school so no guarantee either way but a hold isn’t a soft R.

Reactions: 2 users
😭 why is the system like this

still no hold for me, guess time will tell if that is a good or bad sign

How tf are we supposed to answer #6 in 750 characters:bang:
i don't know if i can do challenges plural in that many characters in addition to the other stuff they ask lmao

i don't know if i can do challenges plural in that many characters in addition to the other stuff they ask lmao
remember its 750 characters not including spaces!!

Lol the question with 350 characters is even worse! But yeah I agree it's ridiculous

Hold also, if it's a soft R that's heartbreakingly early lol

Did yall get an email when you were placed on hold or have you just been checking your portal?

Did yall get an email when you were placed on hold or have you just been checking your portal?
I believe you must check the portal. However, whenever IIs come out, I assume there will be an email sent.