2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you @flyon_littlewing9587 for sharing the questions!

2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson) Secondary Essay Prompts

1) During your career as a physician, you will potentially encounter obstacles, and be required to overcome challenges. Please describe your experience with a situation that had an unfavorable outcome, including your reaction, how you might have responded differently, and what you learned about yourself. (250 words)

2) Kaiser Permanente is committed to advancing equity, inclusion, and diversity for all. How will you contribute to the diversity of the Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine? (250 words)

3) Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development. This includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Please tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you’re passionate about, and your approach to exploring this area. (250 words)

4) (Optional) Please describe how you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (no word limit given)


Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine Interview Feedback
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
secondary received. Prompts below:

1) During your career as a physician, you will potentially encounter obstacles, and be required to overcome challenges. Please describe your experience with a situation that had an unfavorable outcome, including your reaction, how you might have responded differently, and what you learned about yourself.

2)Kaiser Permanente is committed to advancing equity, inclusion, and diversity for all. How will you contribute to the diversity of the Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine?

3)Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development. This includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Please tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you’re passionate about, and your approach to exploring this area.

4)Please describe how you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (Optional):


essays 1-3 have limit of 250 words

essay 4 has no limit
 
secondary received. Prompts below:

1) During your career as a physician, you will potentially encounter obstacles, and be required to overcome challenges. Please describe your experience with a situation that had an unfavorable outcome, including your reaction, how you might have responded differently, and what you learned about yourself.

2)Kaiser Permanente is committed to advancing equity, inclusion, and diversity for all. How will you contribute to the diversity of the Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine?

3)Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development. This includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Please tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you’re passionate about, and your approach to exploring this area.

4)Please describe how you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (Optional):


essays 1-3 have limit of 250 words

essay 4 has no limit
@wysdoc
 
IS applicant here, non-trad, URM, GPA barely above a 3.0 with 509 MCAT

Secondary received on 06/29 and submitted today lol

Def one of my top choices, good luck to everyone in the app process
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary received today. IS applicant. Non-trad. Does anyone know if Kaiser screens primaries?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TBH I'm taking all the info in this with a grain of salt. I read last year that it was reported a similar AAMC doc that USC started sending interview invites on 7/12 but there wasn't any reports of II's until mid august for USC. Could also be sampling bias.
This was directly provided by the med schools though, but I totally agree that it could be inaccurate because things change etc and not everything goes as planned, even for the med schools. Still kinda hoping IIs go out this week haha
 
I believe I heard IIs would come out next month for Kaiser. I am a reapplicant and met with an adcom person to review my app and I believe I remember them saying that.
 
Scheduled maintenance on the site Monday from 11-3. Wonder if that means they’re prepping to sent out IIs
Upon submission, my thing says that it is "Awaiting Review." Does you all of yours say "Your application is now complete and awaiting review" as well or something else, such as "Under Review?" I'd like to know so I can know if I am even in the running for a potential interview tomorrow.
 
Upon submission, my thing says that it is "Awaiting Review." Does you all of yours say "Your application is now complete and awaiting review" as well or something else, such as "Under Review?" I'd like to know so I can know if I am even in the running for a potential interview tomorrow.
Mine also says awaiting review and I submitted 7/5
 
Upon submission, my thing says that it is "Awaiting Review." Does you all of yours say "Your application is now complete and awaiting review" as well or something else, such as "Under Review?" I'd like to know so I can know if I am even in the running for a potential interview tomorrow.

Mine says “your application is now complete and awaiting review”. Submitted 6/30
 
3) Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development. This includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Please tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you’re passionate about, and your approach to exploring this area. (250 words)
What are people's thoughts on the part about being open and responsive to feedback? That seems totally unrelated to the actual question about intellectual exploration. Is it something we should try to loop in to the answer somehow?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are people's thoughts on the part about being open and responsive to feedback? That seems totally unrelated to the actual question about intellectual exploration. Is it something we should try to loop in to the answer somehow?
I wouldn't say it's totally unrelated- obviously feedback is a part of learning. I talked about a mentor I had and looped it in that way.
 
What are people's thoughts on the part about being open and responsive to feedback? That seems totally unrelated to the actual question about intellectual exploration. Is it something we should try to loop in to the answer somehow?
I talked about history and how I have historically explored my interest in it. I didn't really talk about constructive feedback. I think it definitely depends on what you choose to talk about and how constructive feedback might be incorporated
 
What are people's thoughts on the part about being open and responsive to feedback? That seems totally unrelated to the actual question about intellectual exploration. Is it something we should try to loop in to the answer somehow?
You want to focus on LEARNING so I would do that. Feedback is something that should be included as part of something. For instance when I talked about cooking I talked about how I got feedback from people on my recipes. Talk about response to feedback, just as a part of the essay. Should be a quick little part. Learning things involves gaining feedback to improve.