2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yesterday R post II (December) odd vibes from the school but SOCAL/free from OOS was very enticing
See y’all on the flip

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday R post II (December) odd vibes from the school but SOCAL/free from OOS was very enticing
See y’all on the flip
If you're comfortable sharing, could you say more about what you mean by odd vibes?

If you're comfortable sharing, could you say more about what you mean by odd vibes?
As an admitted student who is probably gonna drop their acceptance, it feels a lil too corporatey and the students seem kind of disconnected. Not to take anything away from how kind the faculty and admin seem, but I wasn’t able to see myself as a student there for 4 years.

Reactions: 6 users
As an admitted student who is probably gonna drop their acceptance, it feels a lil too corporatey and the students seem kind of disconnected. Not to take anything away from how kind the faculty and admin seem, but I wasn’t able to see myself as a student there for 4 years.
I felt similarly as well. Despite the free tuition and great location, KP was the lowest on my list of schools I interviewed at. The feeling I got from students I talked to was that the school really micromanages your time (I think you’re in class basically 9-5). Also, I know a mutual friend who is an MS3 who has a lot of complaints. However, it’s still a great school and I would go there under some circumstances.

Reactions: 3 users
Any clue when they gonna disrupt the silence 😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i want to ask about timing again but i dont want to annoy them into not accepting me lol

Reactions: 1 user
Well last wednesday it seems that a wave of Rs went out. Perhaps more decisions or Rs will go out tomorrow?

is anybody thinking about going to OH today to ask about timelines? i think it’s too late to sign up anymore but not sure if anybody did

zamnn i would love to get a second look in if indeed accepted but i feel like it ain't happening!

do we have an idea of how many acceptances have gone out? it seems so late to still be waiting to hear back, but it seems like there’s a decent amount of people in this thread that are waiting to hear back from an interview, just wondering if we have an idea where the numbers lie

• Hmm
at this point im here for laughs and building camaraderie

I need to accept my financial aid for other schools soon….kinda getting down to the wire here :(

Reached out and got this “We are aiming to send application updates in the next few weeks.”

• Okay...
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
why do i check my email so frequently “just in case”

• Hmm
Ya, hoping by this Friday but again, who knows at this point. I know I am not getting in so just give me the R! Give me peace of mind not hope!

Wonder how many of us are still waiting - seems to be a good amount of ppl

hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahaahahahahaah~

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
the April 15 deadline is coming up and it’s actually comical we haven’t heard back

Seems like they accepted ppl into the third week of April last cycle

HAHAHA finally got the WL. im gonna be swiftly removing myself from this WL because what a comically disorganized post-II process... lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
WL~ it looks like a decent amount are pulled off of waitlist so let's give it some time!

Did everybody receive the WL email at 11:49AM PST? Or are they sending them in waves?

• Hmm