2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the WL. How many are on this list and where am I?? Ugh seems like a big list with little hope. Why they gotta do this T.T

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the WL. How many are on this list and where am I?? Ugh seems like a big list with little hope. Why they gotta do this T.T
Wouldn't lose hope! They seemed to pull from a good amount of WL applicants last cycle - not sure if that'll be the case this cycle however

Members don't see this ad :)
Wouldn't lose hope! They seemed to pull from a good amount of WL applicants last cycle - not sure if that'll be the case this cycle however
doubt it will be over like 40 or 50

i registered for office hours next week if anyone has any questions they’d like me to ask!

Just FYI for those curious - It seems that around ~15-20 ppl posted that they were WLed last cycle and around 6-8 ppl posted about getting off post-WL

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just FYI for those curious - It seems that around ~15-20 ppl posted that they were WLed last cycle and around 6-8 ppl posted about getting off post-WL
is this from last year's SDN? not bad odds but dont want to get my hopes up. also curious if timing of the email or anything has any bearing on the ranking on the waitlist. overthinking every little thing lol

is this from last year's SDN? not bad odds but dont want to get my hopes up. also curious if timing of the email or anything has any bearing on the ranking on the waitlist. overthinking every little thing lol
time to do a deep dive. Did people who were emailed later more likely to be accepted? Does it have actually anytrhing to do with WL status? who knows!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone aware of how many applicants are placed on the waitlist each cycle? I don't think I remember seeing this listed on the MSAR.

Reactions: 1 users
Post Interview Rejection received 5 PM EST (interviewed late January)

edit: I’d also like to add that the email showed up under “promotions” in Gmail with the title “mdadmissions” and I didn’t receive a notification; I saw the email hours after on accident.

Last edited:
  • Care
Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 11.59.11 AM.png

Saw this update

Based on the previous thread, it sounds like people were offered acceptances the week after they were placed on the waitlist. I think that this date range depends on when their class is fully filled via the letters of intent that they request after applicants are accepted (4/30-5/31).

MY question is what is the latest we must commit to a school. I would love to go to Kaiser but I am sitting on one A. What is the latest you can submit a "commit to X school"?

Based on the previous thread, it sounds like people were offered acceptances the week after they were placed on the waitlist. I think that this date range depends on when their class is fully filled via the letters of intent that they request after applicants are accepted (4/30-5/31).
Last year they asked for LOIs?

MY question is what is the latest we must commit to a school. I would love to go to Kaiser but I am sitting on one A. What is the latest you can submit a "commit to X school"?
i think it depends on the school - im in the same boat and for this school we have to commit no later than 6/8

Asked about if they accept LOIs, this was the response:
"Thank you for your email. In regard to your inquiry, you are welcome to submit any updates or letters of support while you are awaiting your final admission decision. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."

I am guessing yes and I will be submitting one.

Asked about if they accept LOIs, this was the response:
"Thank you for your email. In regard to your inquiry, you are welcome to submit any updates or letters of support while you are awaiting your final admission decision. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."

I am guessing yes and I will be submitting one.
Thank you :)

Just declined my spot! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just committed to Baylor (Yay!). I wish you all the best. Good luck to those on the waitlist :)
I’m curious- What made you decide to withdraw from Kaiser’s waitlist? Does Baylor require people to commit to enroll on May 1? Or you just decided to commit early and withdraw from waitlists?

I’m curious- What made you decide to withdraw from Kaiser’s waitlist? Does Baylor require people to commit to enroll on May 1? Or you just decided to commit early and withdraw from waitlists?
I was in the process of taking out loans for Baylor so it seemed to make sense to leave all my other waitlists. Plus I like being in the spotlight on SDN, plus I'll be in the inaugural class for Baylor Temple and I'll have my picture taken and placed into the Temple history book like Texas A&Ms class in 1977.

• Haha
Hey did the portal change? I swear it said "congrats you are waitlisted" basically. Now it says "Many thanks for applying to Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine. The Committee on Admissions has completed the selection process and while we are unable to offer you admission at this time, we have placed you on our waitlist. "

Hey did the portal change? I swear it said "congrats you are waitlisted" basically. Now it says "Many thanks for applying to Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine. The Committee on Admissions has completed the selection process and while we are unable to offer you admission at this time, we have placed you on our waitlist. "
i think mine always said this. i looked at the email i got and it said the same thing too

ok maybe I am just tripping XD. Hopping for movement this week! Fingers crossed!

i know this season is very stressful, good luck to everyone on the wl and feel free to reach out with any questions xD

-current kpsom ms2 admitted off wl

• Care
accepted off WL earlier today!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Let go of my WL spot. Hopefully moves things along for everyone :chicken:

Reactions: 4 users