You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wouldn't lose hope! They seemed to pull from a good amount of WL applicants last cycle - not sure if that'll be the case this cycle howeverJust got the WL. How many are on this list and where am I?? Ugh seems like a big list with little hope. Why they gotta do this T.T
doubt it will be over like 40 or 50Wouldn't lose hope! They seemed to pull from a good amount of WL applicants last cycle - not sure if that'll be the case this cycle however
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
student6570
Full Member
i registered for office hours next week if anyone has any questions they’d like me to ask!
student6570
Full Member
probably a good thing!!Still silence on my end 🥲
CamaCam
Full Member
Maybe , that plane ticket price for second look weekend would be crazy though hahaprobably a good thing!!
yoshi_nettle
New Member
WL today. Just glad the wait is over.
Over? The word Wait is in the name XD.WL today. Just glad the wait is over.
student6570
Full Member
is this from last year's SDN? not bad odds but dont want to get my hopes up. also curious if timing of the email or anything has any bearing on the ranking on the waitlist. overthinking every little thing lolJust FYI for those curious - It seems that around ~15-20 ppl posted that they were WLed last cycle and around 6-8 ppl posted about getting off post-WL
time to do a deep dive. Did people who were emailed later more likely to be accepted? Does it have actually anytrhing to do with WL status? who knows!is this from last year's SDN? not bad odds but dont want to get my hopes up. also curious if timing of the email or anything has any bearing on the ranking on the waitlist. overthinking every little thing lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the "up until the end of may into late july" phrase is a bit confusing... does that mean that the earliest we will hear back from the WL is end of may?
B. Rieux
New Member
Based on the previous thread, it sounds like people were offered acceptances the week after they were placed on the waitlist. I think that this date range depends on when their class is fully filled via the letters of intent that they request after applicants are accepted (4/30-5/31).
MY question is what is the latest we must commit to a school. I would love to go to Kaiser but I am sitting on one A. What is the latest you can submit a "commit to X school"?
D
deleted1116035
Last year they asked for LOIs?Based on the previous thread, it sounds like people were offered acceptances the week after they were placed on the waitlist. I think that this date range depends on when their class is fully filled via the letters of intent that they request after applicants are accepted (4/30-5/31).
student6570
Full Member
i think it depends on the school - im in the same boat and for this school we have to commit no later than 6/8MY question is what is the latest we must commit to a school. I would love to go to Kaiser but I am sitting on one A. What is the latest you can submit a "commit to X school"?
1direction12
Full Member
So no As have gone out? Just WLs and Rs?
D
deleted1116035
Does anybody know if they accept LOIs for those on the WL?
Asked about if they accept LOIs, this was the response:
"Thank you for your email. In regard to your inquiry, you are welcome to submit any updates or letters of support while you are awaiting your final admission decision. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."
I am guessing yes and I will be submitting one.
"Thank you for your email. In regard to your inquiry, you are welcome to submit any updates or letters of support while you are awaiting your final admission decision. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."
I am guessing yes and I will be submitting one.
D
deleted1116035
Thank you 🙂Asked about if they accept LOIs, this was the response:
"Thank you for your email. In regard to your inquiry, you are welcome to submit any updates or letters of support while you are awaiting your final admission decision. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."
I am guessing yes and I will be submitting one.
student6570
Full Member
hoping for some waitlist movement next week?
I am guessing after the 1st when ppl make decisionshoping for some waitlist movement next week?
Just declined my spot! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist 🙂
Just committed to Baylor (Yay!). I wish you all the best. Good luck to those on the waitlist 🙂
suspiciousbutdelicious
Full Member
Accepted off WL yesterday!
student6570
Full Member
congrats!!! when did you get the email if you don’t mind me asking!Accepted off WL yesterday!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
suspiciousbutdelicious
Full Member
Yesterday around 6pm PST. The email actually just says check your portal.congrats!!! when did you get the email if you don’t mind me asking!
I’m curious- What made you decide to withdraw from Kaiser’s waitlist? Does Baylor require people to commit to enroll on May 1? Or you just decided to commit early and withdraw from waitlists?Just committed to Baylor (Yay!). I wish you all the best. Good luck to those on the waitlist 🙂
I was in the process of taking out loans for Baylor so it seemed to make sense to leave all my other waitlists. Plus I like being in the spotlight on SDN, plus I'll be in the inaugural class for Baylor Temple and I'll have my picture taken and placed into the Temple history book like Texas A&Ms class in 1977.I’m curious- What made you decide to withdraw from Kaiser’s waitlist? Does Baylor require people to commit to enroll on May 1? Or you just decided to commit early and withdraw from waitlists?
Also I'm really really really cute and adorable.
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
single? 🥺👉👈Also I'm really really really cute and adorable.
Unfortunately, yes bestie! 🙁single? 🥺👉👈
Hey did the portal change? I swear it said "congrats you are waitlisted" basically. Now it says "Many thanks for applying to Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine. The Committee on Admissions has completed the selection process and while we are unable to offer you admission at this time, we have placed you on our waitlist. "
student6570
Full Member
i think mine always said this. i looked at the email i got and it said the same thing tooHey did the portal change? I swear it said "congrats you are waitlisted" basically. Now it says "Many thanks for applying to Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine. The Committee on Admissions has completed the selection process and while we are unable to offer you admission at this time, we have placed you on our waitlist. "
Mine has always said that tooi think mine always said this. i looked at the email i got and it said the same thing too
ok maybe I am just tripping XD. Hopping for movement this week! Fingers crossed!
student6570
Full Member
anyone hear anything? only 1 acceptance off the waitlist seems low
i know this season is very stressful, good luck to everyone on the wl and feel free to reach out with any questions xD
-current kpsom ms2 admitted off wl
-current kpsom ms2 admitted off wl
accepted off WL earlier today!
yoshi_nettle
New Member
Let go of my WL spot. Hopefully moves things along for everyone 
no more movement :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you asking this as a question or know this as a fact?no more movement :/
Are you asking this as a question or know this as a fact?
asking
SunnyBreeze
New Member
Accepted off the WL earlier today via email!!
Congrats!! Hope existsAccepted off the WL earlier today via email!!