2023-2024 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same haha. I saw a few different people say it on reddit, I'm not sure were they got the info from. I was hoping a student could verify it

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if LMU provides stethoscopes/doctor kits or is that up to us to get?

Members don't see this ad :)
Marked complete after two months had to get new LOR hope it’s not too late here

For anyone who received the “we wanted to let you know your file is still under review…” email on 11/2, have you heard anything since? It’s been complete radio silence. Not sure if I’m alone on this or not :/

For anyone who received the “we wanted to let you know your file is still under review…” email on 11/2, have you heard anything since? It’s been complete radio silence. Not sure if I’m alone on this or not :/
nope I’m gonna email them

I have had silence, but I did see some ppl who got an ii after getting this email. Also, we are just coming out of the holidays and according to last years forum, they don’t start sending out emails again until like Jan 13th.

Reactions: 1 user

Received an ii on 12/18 after the update email on 11/2

Does anyone know if LMU provides stethoscopes/doctor kits or is that up to us to get?

Yes they did for us last year! They offer a package that includes everything you need, stethoscope, otoscope, ophthalmoscope, etc. it’s offered as a huge discount than buying things individually. I’m really pleased with the quality of the items too. They’re all top of the line.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any statistics about this school and taking STEP 1 or USMILE? I only see the COMLEX pass rates.. Can any current students talk about studying for it and how LMU DCOM handles the USMILE?

Withdrew my II here I hope it goes to one of y’all. Best of luck !

For those of you who have received an interview, did your LMU portal indicate that as well or did you just get an email

Did everyone get an email about tours who interviewed?

Are there any statistics about this school and taking STEP 1 or USMILE? I only see the COMLEX pass rates.. Can any current students talk about studying for it and how LMU DCOM handles the USMILE?
There are statistics but I’m unsure if we’re allowed to share. The school doesn’t focus on USMLE because we’re a DO school. Their primary focus is getting their students to pass LEVEL 1. They provide Uworld, TrueLearn, Pixorize, and Lecturio as resources. They provide 2 assessments before being allowed to take LEVEL 1. Eligibility to take LEVEL 1 will depend on your GPA and assessment score.

In an attempt to improve pass rate, I do believe fall classes will transition to being mandatory in person. No official announcement has been made. Please keep in mind that passing board exams is really dependent on the individual. Honestly the resources to pass board exams are available via 3rd party so the school’s lectures are irrelevant in my opinion.

I’m currently studying for Level 1 and wish I didn’t have my current classes to distract me. Classes end around the end of April so that’s when dedicated study time begins. Rotations begin mid July so you’ll have to have taken Level 1 before then. In case you fail then you’ll retake it around December by using up a research elective during 3rd year.

There are statistics but I’m unsure if we’re allowed to share. The school doesn’t focus on USMLE because we’re a DO school. Their primary focus is getting their students to pass LEVEL 1. They provide Uworld, TrueLearn, Pixorize, and Lecturio as resources. They provide 2 assessments before being allowed to take LEVEL 1. Eligibility to take LEVEL 1 will depend on your GPA and assessment score.

In an attempt to improve pass rate, I do believe fall classes will transition to being mandatory in person. No official announcement has been made. Please keep in mind that passing board exams is really dependent on the individual. Honestly the resources to pass board exams are available via 3rd party so the school’s lectures are irrelevant in my opinion.

I’m currently studying for Level 1 and wish I didn’t have my current classes to distract me. Classes end around the end of April so that’s when dedicated study time begins. Rotations begin mid July so you’ll have to have taken Level 1 before then. In case you fail then you’ll retake it around December by using up a research elective during 3rd year.
Thank you for this thorough explanation! I wouldn't really expect them to prep students for USMLE. I'd assume that's something students need to pursue on their own.

That's kind of crazy that they've been running tours all winter claiming lectures are recorded and streamed, and most are not mandatory, only to change that at the last minute. Prospective/accepted students are under a specific impression of how the school handles lectures and that may be a contributing factor in our decisions on which school to attend. Personally, I don't mind mandatory lectures, but I have young children who need to be dropped off at school in the morning. I'm not sure how this will affect my punctuality for the first morning lectures. I have narrowed down my multiple acceptances based on schools with less mandatory morning lectures for this exact reason, and landed on DCOM. And of course I've already withdrawn my seats at other schools. Not really impressed at the moment..

Thank you for this thorough explanation! I wouldn't really expect them to prep students for USMLE. I'd assume that's something students need to pursue on their own.

That's kind of crazy that they've been running tours all winter claiming lectures are recorded and streamed, and most are not mandatory, only to change that at the last minute. Prospective/accepted students are under a specific impression of how the school handles lectures and that may be a contributing factor in our decisions on which school to attend. Personally, I don't mind mandatory lectures, but I have young children who need to be dropped off at school in the morning. I'm not sure how this will affect my punctuality for the first morning lectures. I have narrowed down my multiple acceptances based on schools with less mandatory morning lectures for this exact reason, and landed on DCOM. And of course I've already withdrawn my seats at other schools. Not really impressed at the moment..

It’s their “personal belief” that DCOM will go to mandatory lectures. They also mentioned that the school has not made any statements about this. I wouldn’t get too dissuaded over someone’s opinion on an anonymous forum. If this is something you are worried about you should call the school and speak to them directly.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s their “personal belief” that DCOM will go to mandatory lectures. They also mentioned that the school has not made any statements about this. I wouldn’t get too dissuaded over someone’s opinion on an anonymous forum. If this is something you are worried about you should call the school and speak to them directly.
Heard! You're right. It's come from several current students at this point, but the only way to get a for-sure answer is from the horse's mouth. Just kind of bummed I withdrew multiple other seats.. Thanks for the reality check though. :dead:

Just withdrew my acceptance, the new batch of accepted people should have paid deposit yesterday, so there should be some movement soon!

Interviewed 12/1, Lizzy M of 66.1, accepted on 12/18!

My interview is coming up next week, do you guys know if most people in the interviews get waitlisted at this point? I have a 3.8 gpa and a 500 mcat but I guess if I'm getting interviewed they don't care about that anymore.

My interview is coming up next week, do you guys know if most people in the interviews get waitlisted at this point? I have a 3.8 gpa and a 500 mcat but I guess if I'm getting interviewed they don't care about that anymore.

Also wondering this with a 3.9/498

I had similar stats and didn’t interview until February last year. I got an acceptance within two weeks. I think there’s still plenty of time.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an II and I am trying to choose a day. Can anyone who has interviewed tell me how long the interview day is?

I just got an II and I am trying to choose a day. Can anyone who has interviewed tell me how long the interview day is?

Mine lasted from about 8:30am to 11:30am, but I was also in the first interview group. The interview itself is only 30 ish minutes and then there’s Q & A with current students! So if you’re in the last interview group it may last a little bit longer since you have to wait for your interview portion. The schedule they sent has it completely over a little bit after 12pm though :)

When I submitted my secondary I placed a preference for the Knoxville campus. Now that I got an II, am I under consideration for Knoxville only, or both campuses? Thank you in advance!

Has anyone from the 1/12 interview date heard back?

When I submitted my secondary I placed a preference for the Knoxville campus. Now that I got an II, am I under consideration for Knoxville only, or both campuses? Thank you in advance!

Last year, regardless of your campus preference you were under consideration for both campuses. When you get accepted they’ll send you a bunch of emails with information on paying your deposit and forms you have to fill out. Once you’ve paid the deposit you will say which campus you would prefer and they’ll place you there if there is a seat available. If there is not a seat available you will be placed at the other campus and put on waitlist to move to your desired campus if a seat opens up. They claim that every year just about everyone gets their desired campus.

A just now!! Interview date 1/12