You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Mercer
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Most recent MSAR data for Mercerdoes anyone know how many interview invites Mercer typically extends?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feyre
Full Member
Morning of interviewDoes mercer send who your interviewers are the day before the interview?
View attachment 380812lol this is the answer I got from Perplexity AI if it helps (It should be for mercer idk why it says MCG as well)
Mostly correct…but Mercer’s interviews are traditional as opposed to MMI.
Last edited:
thealphaking123
Full Member
I am just hoping we all get some good news next week since it will be the third week of the month and the admission committee meets the third Wednesday of the month.
Yea…this will be my first, third Wednesday since my II in December so I’m just incredibly anxious. Best of luck to folks waiting on news of any kind.
thealphaking123
Full Member
is there a groupchat for people applying to mercer for this cycle like on group me or some?
65 in there but idk how accurate it is as far as actual accepted peopleCan someone who is or know someone who is in that accepted groupchat let us know how many accepted students are there. Max is 180 students across three campus so we know how many seats are left. They are interviewing till Feb 3,2024.
D
deleted1167652
ik the deadline is feb 4th but has anyone spoken to admission about how many IIs they are gonna send out?
I just finished interview if anyone has questions or wants to dm me!
Congrats! It means you can join the rest of us on the anxiety bench as we wait for the first, third Wednesday of 2024. 🥴
Feyre
Full Member
literally ahaha I'm already trying to figure out when it isCongrats! It means you can join the rest of us on the anxiety bench as we wait for the first, third Wednesday of 2024. 🥴
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
literally ahaha I'm already trying to figure out when it is
It’s tomorrow!
thealphaking123
Full Member
whats today??It’s tomorrow!
tryingtogetinfr
Full Member
What times do they typically call?
Feyre
Full Member
do you know what time they called?I got the call!..good luck everyone!
whats today??
The admissions committee typically meets the third Wednesday of the month to make decisions about applications; the third Wednesday of January is today.
What times do they typically call?
This thread, and past threads, have suggested they meet in the evening, with calls/decisions rolling out the same evening through the next day or so.
Good luck to everyone still waiting for a II or A.
Feyre
Full Member
Is the next 3rd Wed Feb 21? Or is my math offThe admissions committee typically meets the third Wednesday of the month to make decisions about applications; the third Wednesday of January is today.
This thread, and past threads, have suggested they meet in the evening, with calls/decisions rolling out the same evening through the next day or so.
Good luck to everyone still waiting for a II or A.
tryingtogetinfr
Full Member
It isIs the next 3rd Wed Feb 21? Or is my math off
TheOtherTurtle
Full Member
I'm so anxious! Does anyone know when they usually call?
Feyre
Full Member
Around now but idk I'm waiting too!!I'm so anxious! Does anyone know when they usually call?
TheOtherTurtle
Full Member
Best wishes for everyone! Let us know if any of y'all get the A, I want to see people's good news!Around now but idk I'm waiting too!!
tryingtogetinfr
Full Member
Has no one heard back yet?
Feyre
Full Member
nopeHas no one heard back yet?
tryingtogetinfr
Full Member
No clue its odd that no one has posted about an A
you guys think they will meet next Wednesday bc the first one of this month was the week of New Years? Or am I being delusional lol
It’s a possibility. But it would appear last year they met this week…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feyre
Full Member
OOP- Guess the waiting game continuesIt’s a possibility. But it would appear last year they met this week…
radio silenceHas no one heard back yet?
tryingtogetinfr
Full Member
This is so painful. Does anyone know what times they typically call on Thursdays?
Feyre
Full Member
Idk if they even call on Thursdays but then again I'm not sure how it works after interviewsThis is so painful. Does anyone know what times they typically call on Thursdays?
They did last month.Idk if they even call on Thursdays but then again I'm not sure how it works after interviews
Feyre
Full Member
do you know what time?They did last month.
I don't remember unfortunately. I think it might've been somewhere around 3 when we saw the posts...but I can't remember exactly. But no one posted on here that was accepted, someone saw it on social media and said something.do you know what time?
Feyre
Full Member
ahh I see! Thank you!I don't remember unfortunately. I think it might've been somewhere around 3 when we saw the posts...but I can't remember exactly. But no one posted on here that was accepted, someone saw it on social media and said something.
A!
Interview on 1/2
Interview on 1/2
dude is HIMA!
Interview on 1/2
This was such a quick turnaround, they mentioned to my interview group that we would be hearing in late February.dude is HIM
This was such a quick turnaround, they mentioned to my interview group that we would be hearing in late February.
They wanted you. Take the affirmation where you can get it in such a mentally tough process. CONGRATULATIONS!
I think the next time we will hear back from Mercer is mid February...?
We could see some more admissions role out after they complete their interview process and/if students withdraw from Mercer to go elsewhere. But February is most likely…
thealphaking123
Full Member
Gotta wait a whole month now. Ugh this sucks fr. Who with me on that? They should release biweekly or some like most schools do.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feyre
Full Member
Me too I'm with you. I just re registered for the MCAT and am studying until I hear back from Mercer its just pure torture atpGotta wait a whole month now. Ugh this sucks fr. Who with me on that? They should release biweekly or some like most schools do.
Me too I'm with you. I just re registered for the MCAT and am studying until I hear back from Mercer its just pure torture atp
I’m vacillating between this and deciding to apply to their SMP as they really are my top choice. However, there is little info from folks who have participated in their SMP online and maintaining a 3.5 in what is essentially the first year of medical school is no joke…
thealphaking123
Full Member
i have couple friends who did the preclinical science masters program at mercer and yet they did not get in year later.
Feyre
Full Member
Ugh I guess we just have to wait? Hope for the best or worst idk lolI’m vacillating between this and deciding to apply to their SMP as they really are my top choice. However, there is little info from folks who have participated in their SMP online and maintaining a 3.5 in what is essentially the first year of medical school is no joke…
i have couple friends who did the preclinical science masters program at mercer and yet they did not get in year later.
This is a fair point. If I don’t get in, I will ask if they think and SMP would improve my application… My sGPA is decent but my uGPA is trash from a misspent youth and only got to where it is because of post-bacc work.
I’d hope they’d be honest and say, “You don’t fit the profile of students we prefer to admit,” if that were the case.
Last edited: