2023-2024 Mercer

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

10/31, so it was fun seeing the admissions staff in their costumes. That was relatively recent, but I think they consider that interview date for tomorrow's decisions based on last year's thread. How about you?
That’s fun! October 10th.. but I know sometimes if you don’t hear back it can mean you’re waitlisted so hoping they get back to me tomorrow 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone heard anything back. It’s Thursday after the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Any updates?
I haven't heard anything. I think maybe they didn't stick to their usual schedule, possibly because the first of this month was a Wednesday... if nothing comes this week, maybe it'll happen next week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard anything. I think maybe they didn't stick to their usual schedule, possibly because the first of this month was a Wednesday... if nothing comes this week, maybe it'll happen next week.
Next Wednesday is a Mercer University holiday/break (it's a holiday at most colleges and universities). Next week seems unlikely...
 
Next Wednesday is a Mercer University holiday/break (it's a holiday at most colleges and universities). Next week seems unlikely...
20191014_162534.png
 
I was complete early August and still haven’t gotten an interview. I noticed people who applied later than me have received an interview. Is there still hope for one or have I been passed over? LM 84, ORM.
 
I was complete early August and still haven’t gotten an interview. I noticed people who applied later than me have received an interview. Is there still hope for one or have I been passed over? LM 84, ORM.
Could be yield protection (that is, they don't expect you would likely attend if admitted so they are deprioritizing you). Could be. However, that is mitigated if you sufficiently explained "why Mercer" and how (if) your desire to practice medicine aligns with its mission. Assuming you did those two things, you're still likely in the running. If you didn't, you'll probably stand a better chance at MCG (where I see you have already interviewed...congrats on that!)

You have great stats. Assuming you have good ECs and applied strategically (it seems like you did), I'm sure you're going to get in somewhere (if you aren't already sitting on an acceptance). Best of luck!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody hopeful for admissions news this week? I mean they can't have gone silent the entire month of November, right?? :/
 
I browsed on Facebook and they did give out a few acceptances the week before thanksgiving. Based on public posts with the keywords “Mercer School of Medicine” :/
Ohh RIP, thanks for the info :/
Third Wednesday of December is 12/20, so I guess we have to hope for then, if they're not on a holiday break
 
Ohh RIP, thanks for the info :/
Third Wednesday of December is 12/20, so I guess we have to hope for then, if they're not on a holiday break
No problem! Still waiting to hear back from an interview back in October so… feel your pain 🙁 we’re in it together!
 
I don't think the third Wednesday of the month is the only time they send out interview/admissions decisions. They sent out interview invites and admissions decisions the week of 11/28 in 2022 and it was the fourth week of the month. Stay hopeful.
 
Last edited:
Were you complete late because of PreView?

I realized I may have to reconsider my “complete” dates. I’ve been using when I turned in my secondary but my MCAT didn’t come in until after that and my PreView score didn’t come out until 11/9.
Yes. It was my preview score. Also, my letter of recommendation was submitted around that same time too.
 
Third time applicant to Mercer, Applied ED to Mercer third time in a row. Last year I interviewed 1/10 and got waitlisted. This year I got interviewed 10/19 and still waiting to hear back. Pushing everyday to stay positive and be hopeful but it’s hard… really hard fr.
It’s so hard. Rooting for you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad