2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don’t remember hearing anything about cadaver dissections being done with (they still could’ve mentioned it though). They did mention a whole bunch of ways they were trying to align the curriculum with Step which was very nice to hear. I also don’t remember hearing about true P/F clerkships, but I do remember hearing that sometime recently they did get rid of forced ranking/forced distribution grading for clerkships.
They mentioned in interview day that poorly organized cadaveric dissections were moving to more structured prosection format that follows the new curriculum more closely.
 
Does anyone know when Sinai would release acceptances/waitlist/rejection? I think they said it during interview day, but I can't remember
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people who have interviewed already: When did they email you the exact schedule for the interview and did they let you know the names of your interviewers prior to the interview?
 
For people who have interviewed already: When did they email you the exact schedule for the interview and did they let you know the names of your interviewers prior to the interview?
my interview was 9/29 and I got an email with the names of my interviewers on 9/20! there should be an interview day schedule tab in the AMP
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who has interviewed already: should I send my thank you notes to admissions if my interviewers didn't give me their emails?
 
Last edited:
Anyone who has interviewed already: should I send my thank you notes to admissions if my interviewers didn't give me their emails?
I think it depends. If they said something like "feel free to reach out with any questions" and didn't give you their emails, then sure. Honestly, I didnt get their emails so I opted not to send a thank you letter. It doesn't have a bearing on admission, it's just polite. However, I think if they don't give you their emails or suggest reaching out is fine, then don't send one. They might have done that intentionally to avoid flooding their inbox with Thank Yous. Just my opinion but I think you'll be find either way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don’t remember hearing anything about cadaver dissections being done with (they still could’ve mentioned it though). They did mention a whole bunch of ways they were trying to align the curriculum with Step which was very nice to hear. I also don’t remember hearing about true P/F clerkships, but I do remember hearing that sometime recently they did get rid of forced ranking/forced distribution grading for clerkships.
Thank you! Do you remember if they talked about the guaranteed residency match program they have going on with some of their specialties?
 
Hi! Does anyone know if they accept post-interview letters of interest or intent? Or do you have to wait until the first round of decisions come out?